GParted -- Live CD/USB/PXE/HD

The directions to install it on a USB stick are provided, you can use unetbootin to do that, which is located here UNetbootin - Homepage and Downloads. Download the windows version, the one to the top-left with the windows logo.

It will display only your USB disk or stick, and it won't format it either. If you have a memory card reader, use that. Also note, you'll need to use the SD card adapter that came with the microSD card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thannnnnnnnnnnkkkk You!!!!! I hope this is my issue, the whole repairing with fail..trying to reformat with a fail... is getting mad annoying...
    11-06-10 05:25 AM
    Looks like most that have this problem in this thread have either the 9700 or the 9630. Could it be the OS? Maybe if people post what OS version they are on it would help. I know one of the 9630 OS's had problems with the media card.

Or maybe even what brand/version the media card is.
    11-06-10 06:15 AM
    okay, i had this problem since I took off my 8GB sd card in my bb style phone.
    i did everything to it: reformat it in my pc, turn off my phone and plug the sd card in again, and I took off d battery and plug it in again also, BUT it always say,"media card cannot be accessed due to fatal errors"

since i reformatted it in my pc. i tried to open it again but instead of seeing d blackberry icon in my "my computer" icon.. i found a BLANK folder..

from that time, I felt like i'm gonna give up and i just plugged in my EMPTY card again to my phone, and then it said the same message: "media card cannot be accessed due to fatal errors"

fortunately, i found d SOLUTION:
    i went to my Blackberry App World and check out if my apps were still there
    (since i thought, if i reformatted my media card, they should all be gone), but NO! they were still there.. and soo i just decided to delete one of the apps that i dont use. after that my phone said: "Your phone has to be rebooted. Do u want to reboot it now?" and so i said YES! and my bb Style turned off and somewhat restarted.

After that, my phone restarted and said something like, "your media card has to be reformatted. do u want to reformat it now?" and so FOR THE LAST HOPE, i pressed YES and then after a few seconds it said, "media card formatting successful"..

and so i checked out in my options, down at the device section. and to STORAGE and it says there that i have 7.0 gb free space, which means that i didn't lose my apps.. (i didnt care about my pics n my phone was new)

if u dont want to lose ur pics.. save it in ur computer first and reformat it there..
    delete one of ur apps, and if ur phone said, reboot it, REBOOT IT!!
    AFTER THAT, ur phone will restart and it will ask if u want to reformat ur media card(this time in ur phone) reformat it!! then it should say, REFORMATTING SUCCESSFUL and ur media card WORKS..

hope this helps to everyone having this problem.
    12-04-10 06:01 PM
    Apps aren't stored or installed on the SD card. App world juit caches them before instaling to device memory.
    I see you lost 1GB when it formatted the card. Oh well.

i did everything to it: reformat it in my pc, turn off my phone and plug the sd card in again, and I took off d battery and plug it in again also, BUT it always say,"media card cannot be accessed due to fatal errors"

since i reformatted it in my pc. i tried to open it again but instead of seeing d blackberry icon in my "my computer" icon.. i found a BLANK folder..

from that time, I felt like i'm gonna give up and i just plugged in my EMPTY card again to my phone, and then it said the same message: "media card cannot be accessed due to fatal errors"

(since i thought, if i reformatted my media card, they should all be gone), but NO! they were still there.. and soo i just decided to delete one of the apps that i dont use. after that my phone said: "Your phone has to be rebooted. Do u want to reboot it now?" and so i said YES! and my bb Style turned off and somewhat restarted.

After that, my phone restarted and said something like, "your media card has to be reformatted. do u want to reformat it now?" and so FOR THE LAST HOPE, i pressed YES and then after a few seconds it said, "media card formatting successful"..

and so i checked out in my options, down at the device section. and to STORAGE and it says there that i have 7.0 gb free space, which means that i didn't lose my apps.. (i didnt care about my pics n my phone was new)

if u dont want to lose ur pics.. save it in ur computer first and reformat it there..
    AFTER THAT, ur phone will restart and it will ask if u want to reformat ur media card(this time in ur phone) reformat it!! then it should say, REFORMATTING SUCCESSFUL and ur media card WORKS..

12-04-10 06:25 PM
    So I have a Bold 9700 with the same damn fatal error message. Tried everything above to no avail. When I plug it into my computer using a card reader it reads everything just fine, so I backed it up and deleted everything off of it. Formatted the card and still doesn't work. I tred doing a security wipe of just the media card and it says the same error, followed by "media card format successful". Yet when I try to access it on my phone I get the fatal error message again. Tried with multiple cards as well. Any more ideas?
    12-05-10 07:16 PM
    Did you format the card in the phone or on your computer. I would only format the card in the phone using the phones format option.
    12-06-10 06:34 AM
    hi guys, i am a 1st time user of BB and i am having the Bold 9780, had this same issue and glad to be directed here as i had other booboos that articles posted here helps... so here's my minor post in return.

if u have the same issue of media card cannot be accessed, i realized that the media card is spring loaded, so if i push it in and allow it to "spring" out and then insert it in again (ensuring that it is pushed far enough that it would spring back into inserted position) then my trouble with this error went away.

if i do a Universal search on my BB9780 by typing memory, i will see that from the Storage item, i can see "Safely remove media card" option available in the Menu item now.

on hindsight, i did remove the media card by pulling it out and then pushing it back in without the assistance of the spring so that could cause the card not to sit in probably...
    01-03-11 02:19 AM
    ok.......i'll ry
    02-16-11 08:07 AM

I just had the same exact thing happen. have you had any luck?

I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE AND WENEVER I HIT FORMAT, IT SAY MEDIACARD FORMAT FAILED AND WENEVER I HIT REPAIR IT SAY REPAIR FAILED!! WAT IS HAPPENING? DOES THIS MEAN EVERYTHING ON MY SD IS GONE???
    02-16-11 09:23 AM
    hello everyone
    i had this same problem with my blackberry for ova a month. i tryed alot of things that people had posted but nothin really worked so i gave up. BUT then i was deleting some blackberry apps on my phone without having any media card installed in. the app that i deleted was twitter and my space (you can delete the one that you dont use)and you have to wait a little bit for a message to pop up saying would u like to restart you blackberry and i said yes. let it restart and after it comes back to your home page get the media card that you want to put into the blackberry and insert it. after that no fatal error came up. for this all you need is the phone not even the comuter so its that easy.

Gud Luck
    03-05-11 11:20 AM
    Hi
    I had the same problem with memory card fatal error twice on Blackberry

How i sorted was to put memory card in a adapter then card reader or place in computer card slot. PC/Laptop

1-Press START button bottom left of PC/LAPTOP

2-Click my computer

3-Scroll mouse over name --Removable disk or whatever name of card is

4-Right click and scroll down CLICK PROPERTIES

5-CLICK TOOLS in options across top in Box showing

6-CLICK (CHECK NOW) in error checking box

7-CLICK BOTH BOXES (automatically fix file system errors) and (Scan for attempt recovery of bad sectors) and CLICK START and green bar should go along showing progress

This should help your card to be put back into Blackberry and works.
    This is also good for fixing problem SD cards

If you don't see the green bar showing progress than there is a good chance your memory card is no longer any good.

You could also on 4- scroll down to FORMAT which will format your card losing DATA/PIC's/MUSIC

Hope this helps
    Last edited by dazza963; 03-21-11 at 12:07 AM.
    03-20-11 11:53 PM
    Has anyone tried placing the berry into safe mode, while experiencing these issues? OS 4.6 & higher has it, and it's accessible by:

- restarting the berry.
    - wait until the red led turns off.
    - a few seconds into the *startup sequence, hold the escape/back key for several seconds, then let go.
    - you should now be in safe mode after startup.

Safe mode prevents addon apps from auto starting, so there shouldn't be further interference when doing basic functions like formatting.

*startup sequence
    in OS 5 -black background w/white progress bar (present @startup)
    in OS 4.6 -white background w/rotating hour glass (present @startup)
    Last edited by schmoozer; 03-22-11 at 08:19 AM.
    03-22-11 12:56 AM
    Dunno if you've fixed it, but I kept removing it and then putting it back in, eventually it worked, and I could format it from the phone.
    04-05-11 09:36 PM
    Spoke too soon - the same message just happened. :/
    04-05-11 09:36 PM
    I encountered the same problem too before on my 8GB Memory card. I was hesitant to reformat it because i didn't want to lose my files. Somehow, i got it fixed. Try to follow this steps.

1. Remove the memory card from your handheld.

2. Insert the memory card to another mobile phone. (I tried it on my other phone which is Samsung) The brand isn't necessary, it just happened that my old phone happened to be Samsung. lol.

3. Then put it back to your Blackberry.

A message will appear in the screen asking if you want to repair the memory card. Afterwards, it would automatically repair itself.

I hope this work for you guys.
    04-05-11 10:00 PM
    Hi guys
    i'm having a very similar problem.
    my card is being read by all other phones. but it does not read from my BB..(os 6 bb software) i've tried everything. repairing the memory card from a friends phone, formatted..re-install software..I NEED HELP!
    there must be a way!?

thank you in advance
    06-14-11 11:24 AM
    I think this is a BB issue rather than a card issue. My 32Gb C10 Lexar cards works great in my PC and Nokia but I keep getting the fatal error message when it in my BB 9700. The BB was accepting the card happily till I upgraded to fw6.0.
    RobinGB
    06-14-11 04:22 PM
    I have no idea what it could be.
    I've literally tried everything!
    the only things i have not really tried is sorting out my mem card through a card reader...is it worth me trying?
    is there any way whatsoever to acces the internacl memory and possibly format it?
    06-15-11 07:32 AM
    short and sweet you all have a problem with the sd slot that is inside the phone.it costs like 5 dollars to buy it and replace it.i did that and now no more errors.if you need pics of what needs to be replaced please email me and i will direct you to what you need.it worked on the first try and when i reswitch them back and forth i get the error with the bad one and no error with the new one.i tried everything before buying a new one pulling battery pulling sd in and out etc..... nothing worked ,tried reformating card in pc and i tried in berry always failed in berry.but once i switched it it worked everything did.good luck to all.
    09-04-11 09:53 PM
    don't know if it will work for you, but I just pulled the card out, waited 30seconds and then re-inserted it.

hope it helps you!
    10-05-11 12:42 PM
    OS 6.0.0.666 Device model 9700 already tried the insert in and insert out SD card still not working. Tried pulling battery still not working. Insert into lappie it only can see the external card for like 6 seconds than the error please insert the device came out.

Now trying to delete one of the app without the same card in an restarting the device.
    11-07-11 09:59 AM
    deleting the apps still aint working as well . and when try to do a repair repair failed, when trying to format the card , the message format fail appears.

Now I am thinking about the SD card slot that is the problem.
    11-07-11 10:04 AM
    deleting the apps still aint working as well . and when try to do a repair repair failed, when trying to format the card , the message format fail appears.

Now I am thinking about the SD card slot that is the problem.
    It likely is the SD card module.

11-07-11 04:46 PM
    Latest update even after changing the SD Slot , my 9700 still not able to read the SD card. The same error prevails.

The repair shop suspected something got to the the main circuit board of the phone that makes it not able to read the SD card. At this point nothing else makes sense.
    11-08-11 08:29 AM
    It happened when I was at a concert recently,I had just got a brand new memory card from vodafone it was 4gb and I had only about 120 photos and 2 videos. At the concert I had took about 10 more Videos and about 20 pictures. My fone then ran out of charge,I charged it when I got home,and it went on ok and then I looked at my videos I had none whatsoever, 0 camera pictures and 0picture 0 picture library!!!!
    By this point I was absolutely fuming,now it's saying built in media storage repair?? And it says media card or built in media, I do try both and it says media card failed and then says media card can not be accessed due to faulty error!! And when I go onto my camera it now lets me take pictures to my device then deleted them!! HELP!!!! I want everything back!!;(
    12-20-12 06:11 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD