I just started getting this message this week I don't know what happened but I can't play any .avi or .mp4 files only .wmv and .mp3 are working.

Any help? I did battery bulls, spamming the play button but there is still an error playing the videos and stuff I record won't playback either

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-10 10:20 AM
    I just started getting this message this week I don't know what happened but I can't play any .avi or .mp4 files only .wmv and .mp3 are working.

That is correct, as per Blackberries web site

Video format support: XviD partially supported, H.263, H.264, WMV3, MPEG4, Sorenson Spark & On2 VP6 (Flash support)

BlackBerry - 9700 Specifications - New BlackBerry Bold 9700 Specs

you're "shot" videos will the play on a PC?
    02-18-10 10:26 AM
    No, he should be able to play .mp4s though
    02-18-10 10:34 AM
    Some mp4 video don't show pix and only play audio. Same with avi. U need to convert those video. There are some free video converter out there that u can use so ur bb can play them.

02-18-10 10:47 AM
    Some mp4 video don't show pix and only play audio. Same with avi. U need to convert those video. There are some free video converter out there that u can use so ur bb can play them.

You have a good point vince but maybe I should have added more detail
    I downloaded some fresh prince of bel-air episodes all mp4 format they all worked before now they won't even play

02-18-10 11:15 AM
    You have a good point vince but maybe I should have added more detail
    I downloaded some fresh prince of bel-air episodes all mp4 format they all worked before now they won't even play

Did u try a battery pull?

02-18-10 11:36 AM
    Did u try a battery pull?

Appears he did
    Any help? I did battery bulls, spamming the play button but there is still an error playing the videos and stuff I record won't playback either

If they typo'd and put bulls instead of pulls
    02-18-10 11:56 AM
    Yea that was a typo I did a lot of battery pulls even took the memory card out still no luck

02-18-10 12:15 PM
    Yea that was a typo I did a lot of battery pulls even took the memory card out still no luck

Do the videos play on your PC/Mac... are you sure they are not bad files....
    02-18-10 12:20 PM
    The same videos were playing on my phone last week but now there's a problem I just reformatted the card then put them back on and still no luck

02-18-10 01:35 PM
    The same videos were playing on my phone last week but now there's a problem I just reformatted the card then put them back on and still no luck

Okay, but if the Files are bad, no matter how many times you reformat a card the videos will still not play.

if you put a bad tire on the car... no matter how many times to rebuild the car... the tire is still bad....

now: do the videos play on your PC/Mac....
    02-18-10 01:39 PM
    In the past I have used a tool within the Media Manager that converted unplayable files to a format available on my 9700. I am away from my PC so cannot give the exact steps. Maybe someone else can look?

02-18-10 02:36 PM
    I deleted uber twitter and that fixed the problem those same episodes are playing now I hope the official twitter app comes out soon and thanks to everyone for the replies.

02-19-10 06:47 AM
    Has this topic ever been resolved as I am having the exactly the same problem and have not been able to find a cure?
    08-07-11 05:52 PM
    Has this topic ever been resolved as I am having the exactly the same problem and have not been able to find a cure?
    Reload the OS, then try again. Only happened to me once and hasn't ever since doing so. Use BBSAK to do it, after a wipe. note, you'll need to download those apps again. Be sure to do a backup with DM for the data beforehand.

08-08-11 03:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD