HI Guys!!
    The BB bold 9700 I'm getting is locked to a carrier, it is pre owned. I am with a different carrier therefore i need to have it unlocked, now my question is... Will any of this affect the phone (pin,bbm,etc) or is it supposed to be UNBRANDED(whatever that means) Help!! Should i also have the phone unbranded as well as unlocked?
    10-20-10 06:59 PM
    Unbranded just means that there is no company name or logo on the device, such as Sprint, Bell, Telus and so on.
    10-20-10 07:10 PM
    All you need to put the phone on another carriers network is to have it unlocked.
    10-20-10 07:24 PM
    unlock - you can use other carrier on your BB
    unbranded - no carrier bootup screen - requires software not to be discussed here.
    10-20-10 08:05 PM
    Unlocked. Unbranded as in removing the logo, almost nobody has done this, only a select few have, but will not discuss it on these forums as mentioned above.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-10 11:53 PM
    the software needed to unbrand the phones doesnt even work on the 9700.
    10-21-10 01:38 AM
    My first 9700 was not branded from the beginning, the only difference is that there was no logo under the space key and no splash screeen on boot-up. My current one is branded from another provider than the one I have so naturally it is unlocked, but the branding is still there. The only thing that is different is the WAP Browser and the logo beneath the spacekey, splash screen only shows for a few seconds.

Nothing else is is different and everything is working just fine. All You need is to unlock it.
    10-21-10 01:55 AM
    unbranding BB means,
    your BB is be a open device to latch to any GSM network( in terms of frequency ),
    it will have no carrier specific boundary (now, this is kind of bad and good).
    normally FAST100 (vendor id 179), carphone warehouse (vendor id 301) provide debranded BB.

but you may not be able to use UMA or any carrier related services.

even though you can rebrand a debranded BB. so a debranded device will work like branded ( e.g., Att, rogers ).

de branding is not a good idea. some times you buy you BB (debranded) and get it latched to operator ( which already provide their own branded BB) wont help you much on problems faced on network forefront.

just unlock your BB and it works.

10-21-10 09:42 AM
    Thanks guys!!...really clears it up for me...I appreciate it!
    10-21-10 10:54 AM
    my blackberry phone it unbranded and i cant brand it back plz help
    12-16-13 10:08 AM
    Sorry, but you cannot "brand" an unbranded blackberry hardware or software wise.

my blackberry phone it unbranded and i cant brand it back plz help
    12-16-13 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD