it looks to iphony! the metal trim is basically the exact same, it looks like rim is second place now cause they are copying.
    05-15-08 08:14 PM
    And car companies copy each other by putting 4 round tires on a car too. Its a phone and materials used are the designers choice. Apple doesn't own the rights to every style, design, color or material. How many apple phone look alike threads do we need.
    05-15-08 09:18 PM
    Not once have I thought that the 9000 looked like the iPhone.
    05-15-08 09:25 PM
    I agree. it does look similar to the iphone, and the leaks of the touchscreen really look iphony. Not to mention all the people who download the iphone theme for their berries, whats up with that? lol

Oh well, to each his own. It may be similar in looks, but functionality is better. So the RIM still is on top. business use wise at least.
    05-15-08 09:29 PM
    RIM all the way. Get an ipod touch if you need it.
    05-15-08 10:16 PM
    This guy has started 4 1 line threads, so far bashing bb's in general... I don't get it..
    05-15-08 10:18 PM
    Im curious about the 9000
    05-15-08 10:24 PM
    Guess he has nothing to do and bored.
    05-15-08 10:24 PM
    Guess he has nothing to do and bored.
    sounds like me all day at work lol, ill be way better off when my T-mobile rep gets my remote activations set up so i can hook my fellow CB members up with sick prices on new bb's
    05-15-08 10:27 PM
    Not once have I thought that the 9000 looked like the iPhone.
    Same here... Not even one hint of iPhone resemblance, IMHO.
    05-15-08 10:44 PM
    I agree. it does look similar to the iphone, and the leaks of the touchscreen really look iphony. Not to mention all the people who download the iphone theme for their berries, whats up with that? lol

Oh well, to each his own. It may be similar in looks, but functionality is better. So the RIM still is on top. business use wise at least.
    ummm its a photoshop image, not the actual device...which was stated over and over again in that post.
    05-15-08 11:44 PM
    RIM all the way. Get an ipod touch if you need it.
    I totally agree
    05-15-08 11:48 PM
    i think the bold has its own image. i love the fact they kept the keyboard and didn't go to all touch screen. i'll take my music on my ipod, and my phone calls on my bb bold.
    05-16-08 12:17 AM
    The media player isn't that bad on the 8330 compared to the current ipod nano. I used it on my recent trip to watch BSG episodes and it was good enough for me. Battery wasn't an issue too. Very impressed.
    05-16-08 08:30 AM
    What difference does it make anyway. The Curve and the Bold both out perform the Iphone.
    05-16-08 08:34 AM
    Doesn't look a thing like the iphone. BB all the way
    05-17-08 09:26 PM
    Personally speaking?

Not to mention all the people who download the iphone theme for their berries, whats up with that? lol
    Because I have an iPod Touch, know the menu inside and out, and can quickly navigate to exactly what I am looking for without looking at the title of the application.

Plus the colour icons are pretty.
    05-17-08 09:40 PM
    To each their own is right, and isn't it about performance more than looks that count?
    05-17-08 09:55 PM
    What difference does it make anyway. The Curve and the Bold both out perform the Iphone.

That is a very opinionated response. If all I did was media, web surfing and had yahoo email, then it would out perform the BB. The thing is, that isn't all I do on my phone. For those things BBs, rock.

Hence why I will have both.

I realized I use cut and paste like a maniac on the BB after coming from an iPhone. I also realized that the internet on the iPhone was so much better, first time I hit 100MB plus of data in a month. BB Messenger = great, but so is being able to get into my personal folders in each of my mailboxes that the iPhone can do.

Not one device does everything I want it to do better than all the others... If that was the case, I wouldn't buy a new device every other month.
    05-17-08 11:21 PM
    Karldice....I know what's photoshopped. I also know what the real one looks like. And I also know what the touchscreen bb looks like and my opinion remains the same. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-08 11:37 PM
    If you really think about it any touchscreen phone with no keyboard will look similar to the iPhone. That's just because the iPhone was the first with that design, as far as I know. They're not copying, though.
    Last edited by mrmoe110; 05-17-08 at 11:55 PM.
    05-17-08 11:52 PM
    I will say this much - when people make a sweeping generalization about the BB being so much better than the iPhone in all respects - I am sorry but the iPhone/iPod Touch browser flat out kicks the BB's buttocks. It is so so much better in anll respects. Likewise for the media portion. If BB and Apple could make a co-production of a device taking the strongest of both products?

That phone would make me quiver.
    05-18-08 01:05 AM
    If that was made, there wouldn't be a need to make another cell phone, Lol.
    05-18-08 01:58 AM
    You'll never be able to satisfy some people! The Bold has significant improvement over any other BB, yet the "Metal trim" is of concern. This is a typical case of how shallow can your view be.

05-18-08 09:33 AM
    I would rather use a first gen Trio than an Iphone.

05-18-08 10:59 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD