Very nice. How did you get the red numpad?
    ATT went with the white keypad. My unlocked Vodofone came with red numbers as does Rogers.
    05-31-09 08:52 PM
    just curious, i have a noob question. i heard that the black bezel is slightly smaller. how true is that?
    untrue, Black Bezels are just OEM Bezels painted. No difference in size.

From cnn.cn: The black bezel is essentially a painted silver OEM bezel

The OP mentioned the BACK PLATE being thinner, I think he notices that because he went from the Leather covered Battery cover to a Flat plastic one.
    Last edited by azboricua; 05-31-09 at 09:11 PM.
    05-31-09 09:02 PM
    Got the parts from cnn.cn. A very important fact people leave out is that this mod makes your Blackberry look and feel so much thinner. The rear plate is about 1mm thinner than the OEM plate. The phone is absolutely PERFECT now and does NOT feel bulky like OEM does!!! I will KEEP this phone now.

Sorry about the craptastic photos... I am going to set up a lightbox maybe tonite and show you guys some better photos.

oh wow.. you are the 4 millionth person to black out your bold. Congrats.. BTW did you do it yourself? because the way you spelled your thread title, I would assume you were a moron, thus being unable to disassemble a phone.
    06-01-09 12:48 AM
    oh wow.. you are the 4 millionth person to black out your bold. Congrats.. BTW did you do it yourself? because the way you spelled your thread title, I would assume you were a moron, thus being unable to disassemble a phone.
    hate much?
    06-01-09 06:57 AM
    hahaha, agreed
    06-01-09 07:18 AM
    Or possibly you're the moron for not knowing a common internet joke?
    06-01-09 09:45 AM
    Hey guys! Thanks! Yeah I know it's common but you know what chances are you will NOT see another blacked out bold in real life unless we all got together in person to show off our phones (not happening) haha.

Yes the phone feels a lot thinner with the new battery door... the bezel is not smaller yet it makes the phone look smaller.

As far as the buttons falling off while installing them--yes that was the hardest part. That's why I said be patient and very still when doing this. Use a tiny-tipped screwdriver to make sure the little rubber ends of the buttons seat into position as intended (the little plastic peg goes inside the rubber hole) or the buttons will not press right. All my buttons feel rock solid and make a nice click when depressed. I had to take apart the phone a couple of times to get the buttons right. Just take your time. Also remember there's a other little misc. pieces inside the old bezel. Pay attention to the bottom to the rubber piece.

As far as me being an *****--yeah I guess I am sometimes but the thread title was just sarcasm as I know this is a common mod. It's derived from these kinds of pictures on the internet as one poster suggested:

06-01-09 09:55 AM
    Well I think all long as you like the phone, that is all that matters. Especially seeing as how it is your phone and all. I am a girly girl, so all black is not for me, so quite naturally I pinkified mine!LOL! But I can appreciate a nice blacked out bold. Besides if the complainers don't want to see another blacked out bold, then don't click on the dang post that is titled "Me haz a blacked out Blackberry Bold too!" I mean what did you think you were going to see, a green bold?! Sheez! I see why I mostly lurk on this board as opposed to actually posting. Us blackberry owners are supposed to stick together no matter what model or color blackberry we have.....Can't we all just get along!

***And I know my grammar is not correct, and I like it!! When it is time for me to write and speak correctly, me does!LOL!
    06-01-09 10:01 AM
    Or possibly you're the moron for not knowing a common internet joke?
    hardly, I'm so tired of the ghetto spelling crap.. This country is in the tank and we need to start from the bottom. It starts with simple grammar and spelling.
    Is it cool to spell has "haz"?.. I mean please, hit the "S" it's right next to the "z"
    06-01-09 11:38 AM
    LOL that made me laugh. Uze funnies!

Well I think all long as you like the phone, that is all that matters. Especially seeing as how it is your phone and all. I am a girly girl, so all black is not for me, so quite naturally I pinkified mine!LOL! But I can appreciate a nice blacked out bold. Besides if the complainers don't want to see another blacked out bold, then don't click on the dang post that is titled "Me haz a blacked out Blackberry Bold too!" I mean what did you think you were going to see, a green bold?! Sheez! I see why I mostly lurk on this board as opposed to actually posting. Us blackberry owners are supposed to stick together no matter what model or color blackberry we have.....Can't we all just get along!

***And I know my grammar is not correct, and I like it!! When it is time for me to write and speak correctly, me does!LOL!
    06-01-09 12:18 PM
    Looks really clean

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 12:21 PM
    LOL. I used to think like you but I decided that it's sometimes amusing to type like that once in a while. So yes it is cool to spell has as "haz." If you want to get technical, Shawnfb, I can pick apart many mistakes in your response as well. But we're here to have fun... so I won't.

hardly, I'm so tired of the ghetto spelling crap.. This country is in the tank and we need to start from the bottom. It starts with simple grammar and spelling.
    Is it cool to spell has "haz"?.. I mean please, hit the "S" it's right next to the "z"
    06-01-09 12:21 PM
    Where do you get the concept of "ghetto spelling" ? Not all but most of us on here are professionals, just because we do not use correct grammar and or punctuation in a forum means the country is in the tank ? I honestly doubt that and I think your getting a little upset over something so juvenile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 12:27 PM
    Your blacked out bold looks good. However, I am a new BB & Bold user and like the chrome look on mine. Your red numbers are a plus.
    06-01-09 03:17 PM
    Very nice.
    06-01-09 08:31 PM
    Very Nice!
    06-02-09 01:19 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD