This is unacceptable and a HUGE weakness for a modern smartphone to not be able to operate as a mobile hotspot. For someone considering the 9900 this is one of those things that could be a deal breaker, especially considering these have been standard features in iOS & Android for the past few years. If anyone has seen this option on a 9900 please speak up!!
    08-04-11 03:59 AM
    This is a BIG flaw for me too. I'm very disappointed that this feature is missing :-(

Mark
    @allaboutmybb
    www.allaboutmybb.com
    08-04-11 07:43 AM
    It's amazing to me that people are so pressed to be able to connect to the internet from other devices (OMG did I just use that word) from their smartphones...are you that desperate? I mean talk about being attached at the hip...
    08-04-11 08:57 AM
    This is unacceptable and a HUGE weakness for a modern smartphone to not be able to operate as a mobile hotspot. For someone considering the 9900 this is one of those things that could be a deal breaker, especially considering these have been standard features in iOS & Android for the past few years. If anyone has seen this option on a 9900 please speak up!!
    Don't really want or need the hotspot feature. I do wonder with the extra charges on some carriers how many folks have this activated.
    08-04-11 09:39 AM
    sarcasm or you really don't get it? if its the latter, a 4G hotspot means you can use your laptop anywhere, in a car....in a hotel without paying hotel changes, and vzn lte is faster than most peoples home cable networks.

It's amazing to me that people are so pressed to be able to connect to the internet from other devices (OMG did I just use that word) from their smartphones...are you that desperate? I mean talk about being attached at the hip...
    08-04-11 10:37 AM
    sarcasm or you really don't get it? if its the latter, a 4G hotspot means you can use your laptop anywhere, in a car....in a hotel without paying hotel changes, and vzn lte is faster than most peoples home cable networks.
    Exactly, I use it in my car often if im waiting or have a task my smartphone cant handle. Also funny you mention lte I have heard people say that their 4G lte phone provides a faster connection then their home provider lol.
    08-04-11 08:48 PM
    Will unlocked 9900 have this feature?
    08-05-11 05:09 AM
    I mean.. It'd be awesome to have it as an option, no? I'd love to be able to connect to the internet on my netbook/laptop/tablet/etc. through my cell phone.
    08-05-11 10:21 AM
    Posted on berryreview.

BlackBerry Curve 9360 Also Sporting Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot
    by Ronen Halevy on Aug 5th, 2011Join the Conversation �

One of the features RIM has been very coy about in BlackBerry 7 has been the mobile Wi-Fi hotspot. We saw it pop up in documentation and even devices before but all the devices RIM has been showing off don�t have it featured. They also seem to be glossing over mentioning it on any of the devices they have announced. We are pretty sure that it is coming to the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and Torch 9810, 9850, and 9860 but RIM has not confirmed it as far as I have seen.

BerryReview - BlackBerry News and Reviews You Can Use
    08-05-11 10:24 AM
    I mean.. It'd be awesome to have it as an option, no? I'd love to be able to connect to the internet on my netbook/laptop/tablet/etc. through my cell phone.
    At what cost? Or are you thinking there will be a free work around?
    08-05-11 10:37 AM
    The WiFi hotspot came in especially handy on my Captivate when the power went out (severe thunderstorm) as I was in the middle of some important stuff where I needed internet access.

Even if it's not something I use all that often, I have found it useful on occasion.
    08-05-11 12:31 PM
    08-05-11 12:40 PM
    I asked about this in the rogers redboard, here is the answer i got...

08-05-11 04:53 PM
    Anyone that has a 9900, maybe they could provide us with a final answer?

Would it be possible to know about this?
    08-05-11 10:42 PM
    It is not present on 9810 or 9860 and I will say the odds are not good that it will just magically show up on the 9900...

PG
    08-05-11 10:56 PM
    It is not present on 9810 or 9860 and I will say the odds are not good that it will just magically show up on the 9900...

PG
    I watched an episode of 30 Rock last night where they termed the saying "That's a deal breaker, ladies!"

It could be for me.... Sadly.
    08-05-11 11:45 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD