There have been a few members, myself included, who have had a strange problem with the Zagg InvisibleShield screen protector on the Bold and Javelin: After applying and leaving to dry overnight the device is turned on only to find what appears to be water blotches in and or under the screen. While these blotches do seem to go away within a week, I found them to be both worrisome and aggravating! And I may have found a fix, don't use the shield spray!

I recently had to reinstall my Zagg IS screen protector and had no blotches after applying. This is what I did: I mixed warm water and dish soap, about 10 to 1 ratio, in a bowl gently so it didn't froth. I dropped the Zagg into the bowl, washed it a little to get the finger prints off, took it out of the bowl, shook off the droplets, positioned it on the Bold's screen, and squeegeed the bubbles out with my bank card while dabbing the excess water with a paper towel. With the exception of the bowl of water, this is exactly how I installed it the first time using the Shield spray. So I'm fairly confident that the spray is the problem. Did you have this problem? No problems at all? Did this work for you? Did you find another way? Share your experiences

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 02:49 PM
    going to try today. will update ina few
    02-28-09 04:04 PM
    Here's where you went wrong. You used a Zagg Invisible Shield.

Next time get yourself a BSE.
    02-28-09 04:10 PM
    There have been a few members, myself included, who have had a strange problem with the Zagg InvisibleShield screen protector on the Bold and Javelin: After applying and leaving to dry overnight the device is turned on only to find what appears to be water blotches in and or under the screen. While these blotches do seem to go away within a week, I found them to be both worrisome and aggravating! And I may have found a fix, don't use the shield spray!

I recently had to reinstall my Zagg IS screen protector and had no blotches after applying. This is what I did: I mixed warm water and dish soap, about 10 to 1 ratio, in a bowl gently so it didn't froth. I dropped the Zagg into the bowl, washed it a little to get the finger prints off, took it out of the bowl, shook off the droplets, positioned it on the Bold's screen, and squeegeed the bubbles out with my bank card while dabbing the excess water with a paper towel. With the exception of the bowl of water, this is exactly how I installed it the first time using the Shield spray. So I'm fairly confident that the spray is the problem. Did you have this problem? No problems at all? Did this work for you? Did you find another way? Share your experiences

I used water+soap for my clearprotector , and i did not have a problem with water spots. You said you reinstalled your Zagg.. so did you take off the Zagg , and place it on a different phone? I would think that the protector would get dirty and not be useable anymore. How did you remove it without damaging it?
    02-28-09 04:20 PM
    ok so, i just installed my BSE and used the above method (soapy water, dipped the full pieces into the bowl) and it turned out great. no bubbles, its clean and clear! yay!
    02-28-09 06:41 PM
    I used water+soap for my clearprotector , and i did not have a problem with water spots. You said you reinstalled your Zagg.. so did you take off the Zagg , and place it on a different phone? I would think that the protector would get dirty and not be useable anymore. How did you remove it without damaging it?
    I was using it with my otterbox and the clear layer stuck to the zagg and started pulling off with it. So, I just pulled it off the rest of the way a little bit at a time. It streched but didn't tear. I let it sit in the warm water/soap combo for five minutes or so and it reverted back to its original size and shape. The dirt and finger oils came off easy and its still sticky

02-28-09 08:56 PM
    So I just received my BSE. I noticed that since the screen is not level with the sides I have air pockets around the top and the side edges. Do i just have to wait till the skin dries up, or will it fix itself??

update: fixed it.. i just had it sitting next to me for a few minutes.. then started working my gamestop card on the edges and now she's puuurrrtttyyyy
    Last edited by arch378; 03-01-09 at 12:39 AM.
    03-01-09 12:04 AM
    Hmm, the Zagg screen fits perfect inside the bezel so I wouldn't have been able to help you there. Glad it shrunk down to fit for you!
    03-01-09 09:21 AM
    ok so, i just installed my BSE and used the above method (soapy water, dipped the full pieces into the bowl) and it turned out great. no bubbles, its clean and clear! yay!
    Alright! Glad it worked for ya! Like I said in the OP, I think the "water" blotches is caused by the "shield spray" that Zagg includes with their kit. It doesn't seem to be a problem with BSE.
    03-01-09 09:25 AM
    my opinion? be care of your device WITHOUT apply any of these screen protector. they are NOT invisible at all...

d
    03-01-09 09:30 AM
    just put the BSE on my girlfriends curve using the soap and water method in the sink. worked like a charm.
    03-02-09 02:16 AM
    Crap....! I used the darn spray before reading this and got the water under the screen... Does it completely go away or did I ruin my Bold?
    03-30-09 07:32 PM
    I guess I didn't use as much spray as most. My Zagg went on without a problem. I used the spray and squeegie and no bubbles at all. I started at the bottom and used the squeegie as I laid it on the screen from bottom to top.

03-30-09 07:44 PM
    Crap....! I used the darn spray before reading this and got the water under the screen... Does it completely go away or did I ruin my Bold?
    It should go away in less than a week. Best advice, take the battery out and leave it set for a couple of days. If you have some silica packets from electronics or shoes ect. drop those in a baggie with your Bold. Mine are gone completly. I actually started using mine before the spots went away, but I wouldn't recomend to you

03-30-09 07:56 PM
    I do not have any silica packets... What else can I use. I heard rice works. Where can I buy a desiccant locally (WalMart)?
    03-30-09 08:18 PM
    I found a packet of 10 "WriteRight" universal screen protectors at a mall kiosk for about $14. Each of them can be cut in half, meaning I have about 19 left which should last the length of my contract LOL...And they are excellent, available at Default if you can't find them locally. They even come with a cardboard squeege.

I couldn't see paying $14 for TWO!?! at BSE...
    03-30-09 08:25 PM
    You can try a computer/electronics repair place. Time is really the key though

03-30-09 08:26 PM
    Well I am going to get some zip locks and some rice and leave it in rice for a day or two and see how that works. I just need my phone ASAP... LOL!
    03-30-09 08:33 PM
    It has gotten a lot better over night... Took the battery out again and stuck it back in Rice, where it will stay until later today... LOL!
    03-31-09 05:15 AM
    I used the spray on my bold with no problem as the other poster above said....just started from the bottom up with a credit card and it went on smooth and nice.

I did however have a bubble or two in my iPod Touch and cleared it up pretty quick with a hair dryer on a medium hot setting holding it a couple feet away until the spray fluid went away and smoothed out. I love my Zagg's, but wish these damn companies would just go ahead and put a full body protective layer on their devices before distribution....they have to know by now that every consumer would like their phone to look new while they are using it. Just doesn't make sense to me that they don't offer this.
    03-31-09 08:46 AM
    Next time I wont use any spray or very little if I have to...
    03-31-09 11:06 AM
    Now my BOLD wont even turn on.... I am so freaking MAD right now.... !
    03-31-09 06:26 PM
    Forgive my dumb question but, is the battery charged?

03-31-09 07:01 PM
    It was full when I took it out. Could it have drained....? I am not sure... It came on a while ago earlier and then I turn it off! I put the battery back on later on and nothing...

Off to the ATT store to get a replacement....!
    03-31-09 07:04 PM
    Fixed the corrupted software, but now the screen looks very bad, even worse than before. How do I fix that?
    04-01-09 10:44 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD