So my question is that I want to refresh my phone.. delete all info on it and install fresh OS .297.. how do i go about doing that? Do I also have to reinstall a fresh copy of blackberry desktop manager? how do i maintain all my contacts etc... ? Will I lose my backup info if I uninstall desktop manager? Thanks!!!
    09-03-09 01:18 AM
    So my question is that I want to refresh my phone.. delete all info on it and install fresh OS .297.. how do i go about doing that?

You can remove all the data on the device: Menu - Options - Security Options - General Settings - Menu - Wipe Handheld. This will put the device back into a "factory shipped" state. All data and 3rd party apps will be removed.

If you want to wipe the device completely, to do a fresh installation, use crackmem or JL_Cmdr. Make sure you create a backup before wiping the device.

Do I also have to reinstall a fresh copy of blackberry desktop manager? how do i maintain all my contacts etc... ? Will I lose my backup info if I uninstall desktop manager? Thanks!!!

You do not have to re-install DM. You can restore the contacts and other info from the backup. You will NOT lose backup data if DM is uninstalled.
    Hope this helps!
    09-03-09 02:48 AM
    Your profile says you have an 8310. The OS .297 is for the bold 9000.
    09-03-09 02:50 AM
    maybe you should check out this thread for your 8310

h t t p://forums.crackberry.com/f52/newest-8310-os-v4-5-0-163-multilanguage-247389/

(dont have enough posts yet) so u have to revise the http
    09-03-09 03:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD