SOLVED!

Despite Orange trelling me it was my fault... ON MANY OCCASIONS... (I hate to say I told you so), I was right.... I was starting to take offence from having to explain to non technical people everytime what was happening... you'd think they didnt keep notes?!

Not a mac issue.

Phone issue.

Ive just had my third replacement, plugged it in, and away ive gone.
    new phone. 4.6.0.162, platform 155. No changes to the recent intalls which didnt work.

missing sync ran without error on an overwrite on the device, entourage 2008, Tasks, Notes and all!!

For all of you with the same Problem. Change your phone. And... insist orange listen. Send them these posts if necessary. I will be forwarding a conflict resolution to them shortly!
    11-18-08 05:34 AM
    I get a similar problem with USB cables other than the one that came with the phone. Works just fine with the cable that came with the phone.

Is it a non standard cable ?

cheers.
    11-19-08 01:47 AM
    hate to revive a dead thread but im having the same problem.
    it charges, pc recognizes it in DM, but i cant access mass storage. It just doesnt come up.
    07-24-09 09:51 AM
    it charges, pc recognizes it in DM, but i cant access mass storage. It just doesnt come up.
    Here's your solution...
    07-24-09 09:58 AM
    This is the solution...
    07-24-09 10:01 AM
    DAMN. THANKS! you are a lifesavor!!
    07-24-09 10:21 AM
    Anyone get this issue resolved yet??
    There is a step by step instruction thread somewhere here, that will allow you to have mass storage mode working. It's not a PC, USB cable, or phone issue. You would just need to install a driver on your PC. Let me try to find it.
    07-24-09 01:13 PM
    07-24-09 01:14 PM
    ** Warning Forum Necromancy below **

I am aware of the ills of necromancy but this thread is still VERY relevant to some of us.

My original Bold stopped booting on 4.6.0.216 ROM so sent it away and was replaced by my carrier under warranty.

It came back with the same 4.6.0.216 ROM on it, but now no USB Mass Storage.

The USB storage wasnt available to either MAC or PC O/S's

XP (SP1/2/3) Vista (sp1), server 2003 and 03r2, 2008 and 2008r2. fair to say it wasnt OS based as I had the drivers from the carriers version of the device rom installed to these machines and even reflashed the same ROM.

4.6.0.282 was just launched by my carrier and I updated to this and no better. (I even tried those 5.0 betas that are floating around which worked ok for everything but mass storage and no BIS browser )

I just did the Patch linked by gs warrior 88 (u rock thanx) and it fixed the issue.

Seems a good number of carriers repair centres are still using the bugged unlocking software on their replacement hardware.

My carrier sells all its devices unlocked, but at a small premium compared to the carriers who lock.
    Last edited by chromus; 08-01-09 at 07:47 PM.
    08-01-09 07:42 PM
    Try gettn a curve that should do the trick : )
    08-01-09 07:52 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD