Shortly after first using ,my maps function has stopped working.

whatever i try to do and with full internet and 3g , having pressed " my location" , i cannot get beyond the resultant mesage " searching location" .

i have tried a number of options including ensuring location services is on

having worked ok previously i can only assume i must have inadvertadly pressed some sort of disable or similar function? driving me mad so any assistance to regain functionality would be greatly appreciated !

thanks
    09-20-13 02:34 PM
    Sounds like your phone may not have a valid location. First place to check is that your GPS and other location services are switched on *and working* - even something as simple as blocked GPS satellite signal could do this. Second line of investigation would be to check that BlackBerry data is working for your phone - do you have things like BBM working OK?
    pkcable likes this.
    09-23-13 05:47 AM
    My maps stopped working after an os update ota. Bb traffic worked fine and my gps was working, but on bb maps, the actual map wouldn't load. I dug through cb and other forums and finnally someone mentioned to check your service books for a bb maps enrry. Mine was missing and all it took was a quick email to my carriers tech support to have them re send the service books and to ensure that bb maps was included.

Maps work perfectly now.

Don't know if this is your problem,.. Hope you figure it out.
    09-28-13 05:35 PM