I'm a long time BB user, short time CB avid reader... how did I cope without you?

Anyways, I recently got a Bold* and thanks to the amazingly knowledgeable posters in here I got the latest firmware installed and have learnt so much it's untrue. THANK YOU ALL!!

There's only one gripe I have with my Bold (maps, aside) is that I loved the look of the thing from the many PR shots and was disappointed - as sad as it sounds - not to have the gorgeous BB logo'ed blue wallpaper. I've seen an inferior (to my eyes) lookalike, but can anyone please post it?

* I loved my Pearl but now I just can't look at it the same way now. Poor thing.
    08-26-08 05:01 PM
    Welcome to CB 'ch33ky' and congrats on your new Bold!

As your carrier is shown as O2, I guess you are in the UK.

Can I ask please whether or not your Bold is also 'running' on O2, or have you gone with Orange?

I think a lot of other users are (like you) looking for alternative Bold 'themes', but there don't seem to be any around at all... yet.

Hopefully they will start to appear soon though!
    08-26-08 05:38 PM
    Ahh, sorry about my profile details, I've cleared it up now: I got two BBs on different networks. The Pearl is my right arm that gets me through the day, the Bold is the sexy piece that I spend my evenings cosying up to.
    08-26-08 05:53 PM
    Lol! Welcome to CB

You will most likely find that wallpaper you are looking for in the Crackbberry wallpaper gallery. Click on the downloads tab at the top of the forum.

Or perhaps someone will post it as requested

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 06:05 PM
    Congrats on your Bold.
    08-26-08 06:32 PM
    welcome and congrats on your purchase!!
    08-26-08 06:50 PM
    Congrats on your Bold.
    Cheers.

I spent a fair bit of time in an apple store today with my brother in law who was making a few iPhone-related purchases, so I took the opportunity to have a play.

Booooring!

I mean, sure it's a well nice looking bit of eye candy both in terms of software and hardware... but it's just so damn basic. Copy and paste as a third party app?!?! Gimme a break. Sure, the ability to zoom in and out of pics with two fingers is cool, but after a 15 minute play the wow factor is gone.

The out the box apps are pretty enough, and iTunes works as you'd expect, but all the Bold vs iPhone reviews are a joke: as BB CEO said, they're just not the same kind of device (try meaningfully typing on an iPhone and see what I mean).

I want multitasking, I want configurable, I want customisable... I don't want "i".

People either 'get' the Bold or they don't. No other phone or WM pro device I've had can compare. It's simply one stunning piece of kit.
    08-26-08 06:59 PM
    Cheers.

I spent a fair bit of time in an apple store today with my brother in law who was making a few iPhone-related purchases, so I took the opportunity to have a play.

Booooring!

I mean, sure it's a well nice looking bit of eye candy both in terms of software and hardware... but it's just so damn basic. Copy and paste as a third party app?!?! Gimme a break. Sure, the ability to zoom in and out of pics with two fingers is cool, but after a 15 minute play the wow factor is gone.

The out the box apps are pretty enough, and iTunes works as you'd expect, but all the Bold vs iPhone reviews are a joke: as BB CEO said, they're just not the same kind of device (try meaningfully typing on an iPhone and see what I mean).

I want multitasking, I want configurable, I want customisable... I don't want "i".

People either 'get' the Bold or they don't. No other phone or WM pro device I've had can compare. It's simply one stunning piece of kit.
    nothing to add well said
    08-26-08 07:30 PM
    Cheers.

Booooring!

Indeed, I do not understand the Bold vs. iPhone thing as well. I have also played with iPhone, and while it is a cool little article to play with, I am still a diehard BB fan. In addition, as you stated before, the typing on it leaves a lot to be desired. In effect, I cannot wait for the Bold, or even the Jav to be released.

Oh yeah, try the wallpaper thread for the one you are trying to find.
    08-26-08 08:07 PM
    Looked and looked and looked... do you have a link please? TIA.

All I could find was a user-recreated one that is lower in quality and not a good enough likeness.
    08-26-08 08:31 PM
    Looked and looked and looked... do you have a link please? TIA.

All I could find was a user-recreated one that is lower in quality and not a good enough likeness.
    I will try to find you one then.
    08-26-08 08:37 PM
    Cheers mate, you're a star.
    08-26-08 08:40 PM
    congrats on the Bold what a great phone for you to have! I can't get the bold on my carrier but hopefully I will get the thunder when it comes if my carrier carries it!
    08-26-08 09:08 PM
    08-27-08 02:34 PM
    Well, that's the only one I've so far too. Not exactly the best quality is it?

Many thanks for having a look though, I really appreciate it.

This reminds me how I felt about the Windows Whistler theme and wallpaper that became Luna when XP was finally released.
    08-27-08 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD