Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to manage contacts from the computer whilst the BlackBerry device is connected? I have hundreds of contacts and I need to group them up. It would make life so much easier. I've already tried grouping some of my contacts but there is a limit as to how many you can have in a group - I think it's a 100 per group. It's a shame that RIM hasn't included the feature of organizing contacts in Desktop Manager.

So if anyone does know, please let me know

PS I have already searched forums, I couldn't find anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 03:01 AM
    I feel as if no one else has the same problem as me
    08-20-11 06:06 PM
    To my knowledge, you can't control your device via the PC. You can ONLY Sync it.

So, that means u do all that you need to either on Outlook Contacts OR any other Address Book that you use and then try and Sync it to your device.
    08-20-11 10:11 PM
    Sync to outlook, do your configure your categories and such. then sync back to your berry using the "categories"
    08-20-11 11:31 PM
    you can also sync/edit through google/gmail.

but its not realtime.
    08-22-11 01:05 AM
    I think there is still a free option. Go to Nice Office Premium. Going through the steps will sync your phone and their online contact manager. Then it stays synchronized from then on.

You will be able to log in at their website and manage your contacts that way and have it update your phone immediately.
    08-26-11 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD