It makes me nervous how soft it is and how easy it is to press the screen down and make screen get waves.. or just applying a tiny bit of pressure to the chrome part on the sides send waves onto my screen.. I know it's the same with every phone.. and im guessing there is no way to replace the screen with a different stiffer screen.. maybe im wrong?
    05-21-10 12:07 AM
    Any LCD will do that. Just the nature of the beast. I'm very cautious when it comes to my BB screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 01:56 AM
    I don't think there are any stronger screens. To tell you the truth, they could've built one in the original but they didn't. I've heard people complain about that, but not much you can do about it.
    05-21-10 02:59 AM
    Soft = resilient. If it was hard, it'd shatter too easily.

Oh and it was meant to take normal bumps and bangs of everyday use. It was NOT meant to be pressed down onto like a 2 year old points at a computer screen, so stop doing that.

I also lost count of the number of times my Tour has fallen and gone sliding across a hard floor and it is FINE. Kick the OCD and enjoy your device.
    Last edited by dchawk81; 05-21-10 at 03:22 AM.
    05-21-10 03:17 AM
    Yeah, it can be a bit unnerving at times. However, I can attest to the resilience of the screen as someone posted above. I've accidentally sat while my bb was in my back pocket numerous times and have yet to see any damage. On my 8900, which has a screen of similar design, I can only see a tiny bit of peeling or damage on the corners. This is after over a year of abuse by myself and my toddler. Of course, I'm sure that with enough deliberate pressure, either screen will crack easily.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 12:55 PM
    Dont touch the screen!!!! LOL, as its been stated, its not nearly as fragile as you would think.
    05-21-10 01:15 PM
    Alright alright. Well it's not really the screen I was worried about, more-so discoloration of the pixels or whatever that can happen if you were to like press on a monitor for to long.. But I believe you guys
    05-21-10 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD