Oh, I assure you this isn't whining, not by a long shot - what you will watch take place is an online education of the general public on every review board that allows a post and you can take it to the bank it just won't be me doing it.
    ah my bad, i thought Nokia, who have been using EDoF for a while now had been doing that educating.

and i`ll be honest commenting without personal use is a little more than simply voicing a negative opinion.
    08-14-11 12:08 AM
    I got TWO not just one devices from Telus that were defective. One had light leaking from buttom plate the other everytime I place my phone on the holster the back button turn in to app switcher. This is annoying and now Telus wants me to pay 600 bucks saying I am abusing the return policy. I am going to call RIM and give them s+@:t. If anyone knows where I can find their customer number, please let me know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mss-ca; 08-14-11 at 12:20 AM.
    08-14-11 12:17 AM
    ... they want what they had with previous Gen Bolds.
    See that's a KEY point. This is something that will bother lots of the loyalists; the very people you want evangelizing your product.
    08-14-11 12:19 AM
    I got TWO not just one devices from Telus that were defective. One had light leaking from buttom plate the other everytime I place my phone on the holster the back button turn in to app switcher. This is annoying and now Telus wants me to pay 600 bucks saying I am abusing the return policy. I am going to call RIM and give them s+@:t. If anyone knows where I can find their customer number, please let me know.

You would have to call your carrier customer service and have them initiate a call into RIM - RIM will NOT answer your questions unless you want to give them a credit card first.

Your carrier can connect you with RIM however - for free.
    08-14-11 12:21 AM
    ah my bad, i thought Nokia, who have been using EDoF for a while now had been doing that educating.

and i`ll be honest commenting without personal use is a little more than simply voicing a negative opinion.
    And an intentional omission of a relevant fact IS a lie...
    ...We have users here WITH the 9900 that have posted pictures.
    ....We also have pro EDOF articles which are saying the SAME thing the pictures posted so far have demonstrated.
    08-14-11 12:26 AM
    News flash... pythons doesn't like the camera. We get it, but EVERY post?
    08-14-11 12:28 AM
    i find not having a autofocus good thing, for non-nerdy people its good ..ive seen people trying to click pics and they dont know they have to wait for green border to come etc etc. image stabilization option in this camera is good and let us click pics in matter of seconds just like iPhone.
    08-14-11 02:08 AM
    i find not having a autofocus good thing, for non-nerdy people its good ..ive seen people trying to click pics and they dont know they have to wait for green border to come etc etc. image stabilization option in this camera is good and let us click pics in matter of seconds just like iPhone.
    I did not know this, so.... I wont be taking a pic of my 5 yr old son doing the coolest thing yet, and come out with a photo of him picking his nose? Awesome! I'd rather fast shutter speed
    08-14-11 02:22 AM
    I did not know this, so.... I wont be taking a pic of my 5 yr old son doing the coolest thing yet, and come out with a photo of him picking his nose? Awesome! I'd rather fast shutter speed
    that's what fantastic about the phone's camera! Even with flash, I'm able to click pictures again n again so fast. you'll have to use it to believe it. Just tick Image Stabilization and it works pretty well. I've been using 9780...even with auto-focus you get blurry pics when someone moves. Why the **** we should wait for green border..this aint SLR !
    08-14-11 02:52 AM
    News flash... pythons doesn't like the camera. We get it, but EVERY post?
    +1

Every fkin thread I go into, there is Pythons complaining about the camera. It was like whatever at first, but now it's starting to get REALLY annoying..
    08-14-11 03:14 AM
    I am looking forward to the 9900. I don't need a great camera, just one that is functional for business.
    08-14-11 03:24 AM
    I personally don't understand why people are quick to ditch a device just because of a bad camera. Personal choice, I guess. If I want better pictures, I'm taking my point-and-shoot out of my bag, or I'm toting my DSLR.
    ..and a laptop for browsing the internet, ..and a Music Player device for listening to music, ..and an Alarm clock, ..and a calculator..

Wake up dude it's 2011. The Smart Phone era. We are paying $600 for it. We are not asking for better pictures. AF is a necessity in 2011, not a luxury. Especially if every smart phone out there offers it.

Just imagine what happens when iPhone gets Push Mail and iMessage (I am 100% sure they are working on it right now). The only USP of RIM then would be - An awesome battery..
    08-14-11 03:59 AM
    ..and we all know how Nokia disappeared. Students didn't like their education that much. I really don't want RIM to educate us the way Nokia did for so many years.

Personally using the device won't make the AF automatically appear. That's what reviews are for. Kevin has already posted a comparison of 9900 and 9780 (With AF). The difference is profoundly evident.
    08-14-11 04:06 AM
    While it is the best BB to date it no where near the best phone ever made.a
    There is no BEST phone ever made nor will there be. There are different phones made suiting different people best. One mans gold another mans turd, that's how it is.
    08-14-11 05:36 AM
    The other major problems: it's too thin, too fast, keyboard is too awesome, it's too good-looking.....oh wait....

Guess we better go on and on and on about the camera....
    08-14-11 05:49 AM
    The other major problems: it's too thin, too fast, keyboard is too awesome, it's too good-looking.....oh wait....

Guess we better go on and on and on about the camera....
    sexy steel border, big touchscreen are some more problems in this phone :P
    08-14-11 06:03 AM
    Would you say if a person didn't have FB or any of the social media applications running on their iphone 4 and just had 3 email accounts set up for instant push it would make it through the day with approx 2 hours of phone calls?
    Absolutely. (That's exactly my scenario when I'm using my ip4). And it performs admirably. I think (I THINK) what really kills the batt on those phones are the non push accounts where the phone is checking in say-- every 15 or 30 mins.

08-14-11 06:13 AM
    sexy steel border, big touchscreen are some more problems in this phone :P
    Don't forget about the fact that you look and feel like a million dollars holding it. That really sucks too.

08-14-11 06:16 AM
    The majority of the pictures that I've taken on my phone are the random "hey...look at that", so I'm looking forward to getting some good action shots and not missing the picture because my subject has moved. I occasionaly us it for more detailed shots for work and we'll see how that goes.
    08-14-11 06:33 AM
    wow!! some expectations do need to be set i think, a mobile camera, no matter how good it is will not compared to a decent DSLR, im sorry if your trying to say that it does, because thats just not close to the truth.

i dont recall anyone throwing their teddys outta their pram over the PlayBook camera? thats the same EDoF 5Mp unit, so what gives?

personally, if i want good pics, i`ll crack out my proper, professional equipment camera. if i want to take a pic `in the moment` i`ll use my phone, and thats not something of the 9900, thats any phone, even the 12Mp phone i had
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-5d-mk-ii.html

Its a video comparison, but still. Wouldnt it have been nice if RIM actually tried to make every facet of the Bold 9900 "market leading". Isnt that what a flagship phone is supposed to do?
    08-14-11 06:48 AM
    This will never seem to end. I do understand the argument about prior Bolds having it so this one should also but it seems to have improved on ease/speed of taking pics, which i want most on a cell phone.

I dont totally get the work document pics. If i had someone hired to do a job that required pics and they whipped out a cellphone i wouldnt be too happy anyway. Thats like hiring a plumber to unclog your drain and he comes in with a grocery bag full of Draino

plus if everything was perfect RIM would have screwed themselves for the upcoming Superphone.
    08-14-11 06:53 AM
    I don't honestly expect many people to not buy it because of the horrible camera. I think most will still get it because of what it does well. However that's not the point about the camera. Oh and most people don't want to tote a DSLR, they want what they had with previous Gen Bolds.
    It all depends on what pics you tend to take with you camera, for many uses the camera in the 9900 is actually much better than the old one even before you consider the vastly improved speed and video, there are a few instances where it is worse and that isn't ideal, but these childish rants that a few seem to feel are needed on every single topic (go look at the vzw stuff on the frontpage) are just pointless and idiotic.
    08-14-11 07:10 AM
    The camera on my Storm 1 sucked, the camera on my Storm 2 sucked, and the camera on my Bold 9650 sucks.......I have used the iPhone camera and it works really well....but that makes no difference to me. My primary purpose for a phone is messaging and for me this does it the best..............anxiously waiting for midnight to order my 9930 from Big Red........um after the AT&T merger will it be.....Medium Red?
    08-14-11 07:14 AM
    If the camera is a dealbreaker for you then it sounds to me more like you are just trying to justify not getting it and instead running with the pack on the latest i/droid/windows phone.
    I think this is the crucial point, some people just want to find negatives with any blackberry product and while for some people the change in the camera is a negative one the amount of ranting about it is blown completely out of proportion.
    08-14-11 07:15 AM
    As an iPhone 4(GSM) user, I can concur that the battery is phenomenal. Most avid BlackBerry users write-off any other smartphone as having horrible battery life, but iOS is incredibly optimized as to get a ton of life out of the battery.
    I don't think it is a case of writing-off anything so much as overlooking the fact that the iphone 4 has much improved battery life. Although, it is more than a little generous to give all the credit to ios, apple squeezing in the biggest possible battery also helps matters too.

The biggest drawback for me with an iphone's battery life would be that the battery isn't removable, with most other phones even if you hammer the battery you can easily swap in another one, which you don't have the option to do so with an iphone and are forced into using alternative options that are not as convenient as a second battery that is the same size as a few credit cards.

I hope that the playbook doesn't indicate that rim are going to take a similar approach with their qnx phones because the lack of flexibility just doesn't make up for that extra mm or so of thinness they would be able to gain.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-14-11 07:26 AM
127 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD