I've had the Bold for two weeks now. Originally everything was fine but it's been getting buggy lately. Yesterday it reached its worst.

1. For some reason everykey I pressed was followed by a 2 minute delay with the rotating clock appearing.
    2. I talked on the phone only for 20 minutes and the Bold felt like it was 100+ degrees.
    3. I took the battery out and put it back in.
    4. A major crash followed with error messages.
    5. Now a lot of stuff has disappeared from my Bold. My screenpaper is gone and got reverted to an original one. I can't find the icon to access my mode[quiet,normal,vibrate], and I can't find the icon to locate my email!

Can someone please help me? What's going on?
    01-07-09 08:11 AM
    Very strange.

Pull the battery out and leave it out for about a minute. This usually clears up this stuff.
    01-07-09 08:17 AM
    yes indeed I did that and everything is now back to normal. I don't know what the **** happened. Hopefully my bold won't overheat again when I start talking on the phone.

Generally speaking though I'm not too satisfied with my phone experience, it's been kinda buggy and freezes for 1-3 seconds very often. Am wondering if upgrading the OS would do any help.

Sorry for freaking out guys.
    01-07-09 08:22 AM
    Is this a Bold or a Storm?
    01-07-09 08:29 AM
    If you're in your first 30 days I would take it back and make them replace it. What have you got to lose?
    01-07-09 08:37 AM
    Exactly the same thing just happened on my Bold. I was talking on it, and it dropped two calls. Then it crashed and powered down. When it came back I got several error messages, and my SMS, email, Myspace, Facebook, and Profile icons were gone! My home screen image also defaulted back to what came on the phone. I pulled the battery, and everything is fine now. Just yesterday I had to pull the battery twice to free up enough application memory to download Pandora (another issue that I found the solution for on this forum). I'm not sure if that had anything to do with this issue or not.
    06-11-09 07:57 AM
    Exactly the same thing just happened on my Bold. I was talking on it, and it dropped two calls. Then it crashed and powered down. When it came back I got several error messages, and my SMS, email, Myspace, Facebook, and Profile icons were gone! My home screen image also defaulted back to what came on the phone. I pulled the battery, and everything is fine now. Just yesterday I had to pull the battery twice to free up enough application memory to download Pandora (another issue that I found the solution for on this forum). I'm not sure if that had anything to do with this issue or not.
    You have an app going crazy in the background. What's installed, and any of them recent?
    06-11-09 08:00 AM
    I had something happen kinda crazy with mine. I was typing something to search in the browser and it just reset itself. It came back on with all types of uncaught java errors and it changed my theme and I was missing icons. I did a battery pull and it corrected it. I don't have a single app or theme or anything downloaded on it. I just got it less than a week ago. But I like it better than my 8310, just thought it was very, very odd...
    06-11-09 10:13 AM
    I've been running myspace and facebook since I bought it about a month ago, but I just installed Pandora yesterday.
    06-11-09 10:38 AM
    Uninstall Pandora, do a battery pull, and see if that helps over the next day or so. We can at least isolate the issue.
    06-11-09 10:42 AM
    Why not just do a wipe and reinstall your OS, see how that turns out. Once you reinstall your OS, use it for a few days or hours to see if you are still having those issues. If so it must be a hardware issue. Might be that corrosion has taken place which has caused the unit to malfunction or the battery is a bad battery which may case the phone to overheat and die. I say do a reinstall test, then install your programs then test again. Don't isolate the issue by just uninstall one program. You don't know what is causing the issue.

Mike
    06-11-09 11:57 AM
    Why not just do a wipe and reinstall your OS, see how that turns out. Once you reinstall your OS, use it for a few days or hours to see if you are still having those issues. If so it must be a hardware issue. Might be that corrosion has taken place which has caused the unit to malfunction or the battery is a bad battery which may case the phone to overheat and die. I say do a reinstall test, then install your programs then test again. Don't isolate the issue by just uninstall one program. You don't know what is causing the issue.

Mike
    That makes no sense. Always troubleshoot the easy stuff first, in this case the thing that was changed at the same time the issues began. These phones aren't that fragile, either the software or the hardware.
    06-11-09 12:01 PM

Mike
    That's an over reaction. The persons phone re-booted in safe mode. That
    explains why third party icons weren't showing up. Another battery pull will
    boot the phone in normal mode.
    06-11-09 12:37 PM
    This is in the os build that AT&T uses. I've replaced one bold for the same reason. My replacement does the same thing. It seems like every 9th or 10th soft reboot ends uIp with this safe mode boot up after all the java errors. I just do a battery pull once a week and a soft reset every day to keep the bold healthy. I love berrys but the battery pulls and memory issues are tuff to deal with.
    06-13-09 05:16 PM
    This is in the os build that AT&T uses. I've replaced one bold for the same reason. My replacement does the same thing. It seems like every 9th or 10th soft reboot ends uIp with this safe mode boot up after all the java errors. I just do a battery pull once a week and a soft reset every day to keep the bold healthy. I love berrys but the battery pulls and memory issues are tuff to deal with.
    In 7 months I've had to do maybe 3 battery pulls and have had no memory issues. Proper set up and closing of apps will resolve most of these issues.
    06-13-09 05:18 PM
    Yeah I know close out all apps on exit... I preach this to all my friends with blackberrys. The fact is with Google maps, pandora, a little slacker, bloomberg off and on associated press checks all day and you will have 5 to 10 meg free at the end of the day. I routinely check to make sure I have nothing running. I love my Bold and I play with it constantly so its no surprise to me that I go through that much memory.
    06-13-09 05:26 PM
    I never had any issues with the bold.... This is my second bold...because my bro took the first one and I still have no issues with them.both are not ATT units.
    Both the Canadian built and Hungarian built ones. Had one ATT unit and I had sim issues used on fido and rogers. If you have repititious issues with different/replacement ATT Bolds try getting a different providers units... Just a thoughtbut att tend to put useless crap into their devices. Blackberrys particularly.which might have led to OS issues

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD