Heres the story...

Using a Unbranded, Unlocked Bold, Flew from Toronto to Chicago last night, landed in Chicago to find the 3G signal was constantally dropping and giving me a SOS error!!

I have had to switch off 3G completley and go back to Edge.

Also spoke to a friend of mine in the industry and they tell me there is major 3G issues and the Bold is no where near ready for launch!!

Also, noticed that i received an email while in the air on the plane, about 20 mins outside of landing in Chicago, bizarre stuff!

What next?
    08-22-08 02:06 PM
    It sounds about right. This is probably why AT&T isn't releasing it yet.

I wonder if this will be the case with the CDMA versions.
    08-22-08 02:13 PM
    Heres the story...

Using a Unbranded, Unlocked Bold, Flew from Toronto to Chicago last night, landed in Chicago to find the 3G signal was constantally dropping and giving me a SOS error!!

Also spoke to a friend of mine in the industry and they tell me there is major 3G issues and the Bold is no where near ready for launch!!

Also, noticed that i received an email while in the air on the plane, about 20 mins outside of landing in Chicago, bizarre stuff!

What next?
    Yep, big problems---> http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bla...3g-flaw-63635/
    08-22-08 02:15 PM
    Heres the story...

What next?
    I think the issues you are experiencing are with the AT&T 3G network. I have been using the Bold on the Rogers 3G Network without any issues. No SOS, No drops other than leaving a 3G area and then my unit goes back to EDGE.
    Last edited by SurrealCivic; 08-22-08 at 03:06 PM.
    08-22-08 03:04 PM
    But besides 3g-

The bold works fine?

What plan do you have it under?
    08-22-08 03:36 PM
    But besides 3g-

The bold works fine?

What plan do you have it under?
    Confirmed, Bold works very well in Canada, but badly in the uSA< using 3G.
    I have an unlimited data plan with CW out of the Cayman Islands.
    08-22-08 10:20 PM
    You are using old code....the new ones get so much better by version and are built to cater North America now...

Where was that ****** that said it's going to work the same in the USA and Canada? urg
    08-22-08 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD