So I'm considering going to verizon. I want a storm, but am too attached to my bold. Thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 04:32 PM
    Seriously ? ? ?
    What are you looking for?
    You posted this in a STORM forum...
    You think we gonna say.. no keep the Bold...
    Since your posting this.. you know what you wanna order already lol..
    Just do it.
    01-27-09 04:36 PM
    See u even ticked off the Moderators... They moved you BACK to the Bold section... NOW... all the bold peoples know u wanna switch and gonna call u a trader !!! LOL
    01-27-09 04:39 PM
    Go to Verizon when the Bold comes out for it. If you can't stand AT&T that much and are running out of patience then just get the Storm.
    01-27-09 04:39 PM
    Was this thread moved? This looks like the bold forum to me.

To the OP - no one can really answer this for you. You just have to go try the devices and see which you prefer.

01-27-09 04:42 PM
    Get your Bold unlocked and go were ever you want.
    01-27-09 04:44 PM
    I forsee a Storm switch, and then a post about "loving the Storm but hate Verizon. Should I switch to the Javelin?"
    01-27-09 04:44 PM
    I forsee a Storm switch, and then a post about "loving the Storm but hate Verizon. Should I switch to the Javelin?"
    Yup you're right. That will be the 32nd thread about that too.
    01-27-09 04:52 PM
    LOL Amen!

It's all about location, location, location. Stick with what ever service works in your area. I'm in the general Los Angeles County area and have VERY LITTLE problems with AT&T's service. It's probably the opposite where you live.
    01-27-09 04:58 PM
    Same here, I'm located in the Los Angeles area, and At&t works fine all around here. Sucks when I travel further past any big city though.

01-27-09 05:03 PM
    Get your Bold unlocked and go were ever you want.
    Actually, because Verizon is a CDMA network (Just like Sprint, BTW), unlocking a Bold will only give you free reign (in the States, at least) to swtich between T-Mobile and AT&T.
    01-27-09 05:06 PM
    Same here, I'm located in the Los Angeles area, and At&t works fine all around here. Sucks when I travel further past any big city though.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. It's when you go off to some BFE place out on a dirt road, you'll get crappy or no service. But I've done 3 trips up to Nor Cal. 1 was up to Sacramento via the 5 and had very little service interuptions, even in the farm land areas! lol
    The 2 other trips were up to SF via the 101 and had the same experience with pretty good service...except a few pockets in rural Monterey County.

Overall, not bad...not bad
    01-27-09 05:17 PM
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. It's when you go off to some BFE place out on a dirt road, you'll get crappy or no service. But I've done 3 trips up to Nor Cal. 1 was up to Sacramento via the 5 and had very little service interuptions, even in the farm land areas! lol
    The 2 other trips were up to SF via the 101 and had the same experience with pretty good service...except a few pockets in rural Monterey County.

Overall, not bad...not bad
    Some friends of mine were in freaken Glamis last weekend doing some off roading and they had great signal! They were texting me from there with no problem.
    01-27-09 05:18 PM
    Take it from experience.
    Dont do it!!!!!
    I been on every cell phone provider company (in canada and the usa).

AT&T might suck for their prices, but their 3g speed and call quality is by far the best i've ever had.

But to each his own, my advice is no go.
    01-27-09 05:20 PM
    Look at it this way, you have to deal with your phone how many times in a day? You get a bill from ATT how many times a month? I think it's bearable for a while isn't it? Once Verizon releases their version of the Bold you can hop on over (provided you're not in contract or don't mind paying the ETF). I myself have had nothing but awesome service from ATT (other than in some of their stores who have pretty bad staff).
    01-27-09 05:32 PM
    Was this thread moved? This looks like the bold forum to me.

To the OP - no one can really answer this for you. You just have to go try the devices and see which you prefer.

it was moved TO this forum princess.... GO look in the Storm thread and you'll see it was moved
    01-27-09 06:01 PM
    See....
    01-27-09 06:13 PM
    Sprint is getting a Bold soon, so Verizon should get one too (also mentioned by someone before) so wait for that version to come out and move to Verizon. Easy!
    01-27-09 06:15 PM
    Some friends of mine were in freaken Glamis last weekend doing some off roading and they had great signal! They were texting me from there with no problem.
    Now that's pretty insane! Glamis is pretty much the epitome of BFE and I would never had guess it worked out there! Crazy
    01-27-09 06:28 PM
    Not problems with ATT here. Have had nothing but awesome service with them since I left Sprint.

01-27-09 06:29 PM
    Now that's pretty insane! Glamis is pretty much the epitome of BFE and I would never had guess it worked out there! Crazy
    I don't wanna be a post ***** but funny story about that.

My friends were off-roading and each of them lost their phones. One a Bold, the other a Curve. Bold guy was really upset because he just got it. So when they got back to the camp site he didn't wanna give up. He went again to look for it in the middle of the freaken desert lol. He saw something. A phone in a holster. He got really, really happy. He got closer and closer and it turns out to be the Curve!! LMAO
    01-27-09 06:32 PM
    I don't wanna be a post ***** but funny story about that.

My friends were off-roading and each of them lost their phones. One a Bold, the other a Curve. Bold guy was really upset because he just got it. So when they got back to the camp site he didn't wanna give up. He went again to look for it in the middle of the freaken desert lol. He saw something. A phone in a holster. He got really, really happy. He got closer and closer and it turns out to be the Curve!! LMAO
    LMAO! That's a funny @$$ story! I would have done the same thing man, I can't part with my Bold. It would have been like losing a body part if that happened to me. That's damn funny how he found the curve instead! I bet the curve owner was stoked.

I hope he had insurance...probably not though, considering AT&T was being all sneaky with that. I'm over my 30 days with the Bold and I guess I'm not eligable anymore
    01-27-09 06:44 PM
    LMAO! That's a funny @$$ story! I would have done the same thing man, I can't part with my Bold. It would have been like losing a body part if that happened to me. That's damn funny how he found the curve instead! I bet the curve owner was stoked.

I hope he had insurance...probably not though, considering AT&T was being all sneaky with that. I'm over my 30 days with the Bold and I guess I'm not eligable anymore
    Nope no insurance. He ended up getting a deal on a new one from Radio Shack though. He's a Marine so he got a special discount. I think he paid like $250 with no contract that included an 8GB microSD card.
    01-27-09 06:46 PM
    I agree, I had Verizon and had few if any complaints but I got zero signal in the building I work in. I had to switch to ATT and now I have full signal at work. I have to say I have been very happy with ATT.
    01-27-09 07:46 PM
    U can always unlock your phone n switch to tmobile
    But u won't have 3g and edge isn't bad at all I use an unlocked bold I got no issues, and I think but not positive that the storm is unlockable for gsm carriers so wit tmobile u got more options

01-27-09 10:56 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD