Hi all,

We use lotus notes for e-mail at work with a BES i am a domino admin but our BES is only for directors and above. I currently have a bold 9000 and am trying to access webmail through opera mini,

It works ok but the page renders way too wide for the screen.

I was just wondering if anyone else uses iNotes on there blackberry and what browser or config they have?

Also if anyone has tried this on a BB OS 6 device as i have a Bold 9780 on order and am interested to find out if it works any better with the webkit browser.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks
    08-09-11 09:59 AM
    iNotes is designed to work with OS6 devices and their webkit browser where the lite view is rendered properly.
    08-09-11 11:19 AM
    Thanks for the heads up cannot wait to get the 9780 now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-11 04:31 PM
    Could you use BES Express, the free version? Will the powers that be even know?

You can point BES and BES Express at the same Domino Server.

from BESExpress FAQ

Can a BlackBerry administrator run a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (or BlackBerry
    Professional Software) in the same environment as a BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express?
    Yes, provided BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express is introduced as a new deployment with its own
    BlackBerry Domain, as defined by the BlackBerry Configuration Database. In this case, the BlackBerry
    Enterprise Server and BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express can run independently in the same Microsoft
    Exchange or Lotus Domino environment in a Microsoft Windows Domain and would be managed from separate
    BlackBerry Administration Service consoles
    08-16-11 09:54 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for that will look at this tomorrow. TBH I could set up my BB on the BES quite easily as I deploy / look after our Blackberries but my manager occasionally goes on their and would look for that kind of thing.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    08-16-11 01:35 PM
    Honestly, I can't believe your management cant see the value in a Domino Admin having BES access to improve/enhance user support.

On the other hand, that may be a good thing for you.

I use Notes with BES on my 9800. Sometimes I wish I wasn't allowed to.
    08-16-11 03:14 PM
    Honestly, I can't believe your management cant see the value in a Domino Admin having BES access to improve/enhance user support.

On the other hand, that may be a good thing for you.

I use Notes with BES on my 9800. Sometimes I wish I wasn't allowed to.
    No neither can i, our manager is the only person in the Department (11 of us) with Notes on his Blackberry.

Its i think the only place i have worked where the IT Staff cannot have E-Mail on a Blackberry. Even when i worked deskside support i had a BB with my e-mail on it is ridiculous.

However you are correct it does keep me from having the usual calls and E-Mails on a day off or at the Weekend so i will not complain too much
    08-17-11 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD