So the other day I return home from work and look at my Bold to see I have lost the Aa button (bottom right button) had a little look around but to no avail.

I have insurance but for the sake of a button I don't wish to arse around sending my phone away for the sake of 1 lousy button.

Where is the best place for me to obtain a new button? I'm guessing I would have to purchase a new keypad? If so how do I replace the keypad without breaking my phone!

Thanks guys!
    05-28-09 04:06 PM
    Check out cnn.cn, they have the keyboard and a video showing how it's done.
    05-28-09 04:08 PM
    Check out cnn.cn, they have the keyboard and a video showing how it's done.
    Thanking you kind sir.
    05-28-09 06:38 PM
    just be careful, if your phone is still under warranty, replacing the keypad will void that, as you will have to tamper with the white sticker to get to changing your keypad.
    05-28-09 07:41 PM
    just be careful, if your phone is still under warranty, replacing the keypad will void that, as you will have to tamper with the white sticker to get to changing your keypad.
    Good call, cheers. Is it not possible to simply pull the button from the new keypad and click it onto my old space without removing anything?
    05-29-09 07:45 AM
    Good call, cheers. Is it not possible to simply pull the button from the new keypad and click it onto my old space without removing anything?
    I would say no, but you can try.

Carefully remove the tamper sticker with a razor blade or Xacto knife, then put it back when you're done.
    05-29-09 07:47 AM
    I would say no, but you can try.

Carefully remove the tamper sticker with a razor blade or Xacto knife, then put it back when you're done.
    Why? If the button has came off my keypad, why cant I simply remove it from a new one?
    05-31-09 11:10 AM
    Bump...

05-31-09 03:19 PM
    I am on my 4th bold, 1 being my brand new out of the box and 3 refurbs for warranty replacement. I have installed black bezels on each, so I have had them completely apart and never has any one said one word about my phone's warranty being voided. They dont care about that tamper sticker none of them even looked.
    05-31-09 03:22 PM
    There is no way to just add one button. The aA button on your keypad, which is attached all in one, has been removed from the full keypad. I'd say send it in, see if you can have it fixed without using the warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 03:23 PM
    I lost the SYM key. Same thing; looked like the keypad was missing a tooth. RIM sent a replacement in a day, and then I sent my back to them. Wasn't without a BB at any point.
    05-31-09 05:05 PM
    That's pretty sweet. Directly from RIM? Really??

05-31-09 06:29 PM
    Why? If the button has came off my keypad, why cant I simply remove it from a new one?
    I just don't think you can get it to stay on. Again, you can try.
    05-31-09 06:35 PM
    That's pretty sweet. Directly from RIM? Really??

Now that you raise it; I'm not certain. Might have been from AT&T, but the point remains: They sent a replacement and then I sent the damaged BB.
    05-31-09 08:07 PM
    I am on my 4th bold, 1 being my brand new out of the box and 3 refurbs for warranty replacement. I have installed black bezels on each, so I have had them completely apart and never has any one said one word about my phone's warranty being voided. They dont care about that tamper sticker none of them even looked.
    Some people don't care. But what if they do for this guy? There goes his warranty.

05-31-09 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD