I dont know if this has been asked before but I just stressed out now.... being without my bold is like being naked.....

Lost my phone somewhere at the lobby of my company. Its gone....

Biggest question -

I am going to use my brother's 9700.... will the backup file from my 9000 be applicable to the 9700? I need those contacts on my phone......

any help is appreciated.
    03-12-10 02:20 PM
    I dont know if this has been asked before but I just stressed out now.... being without my bold is like being naked.....

Lost my phone somewhere at the lobby of my company. Its gone....

Biggest question -

I am going to use my brother's 9700.... will the backup file from my 9000 be applicable to the 9700? I need those contacts on my phone......

any help is appreciated.
    Yes the backup file will work. Make sure you report it asap because whoever has it will get your emails. They can even still get them if they happened to be able to get it activated under their own plan because the pin will be attached to your BIS account and email address. Call your carrier do they can just totally disable the PIN altogether so no one could ever activate it.
    03-12-10 02:24 PM
    thanks a lot. Im going to call now....
    03-12-10 02:28 PM
    Login to your BIS and just change the device PIN and IMEI to the device you're
    going to use. The email accounts will go to the new device and the service books
    will be cancelled off your 9000
    03-12-10 02:34 PM
    Login to your BIS and just change the device PIN and IMEI to the device you're
    going to use. The email accounts will go to the new device and the service books
    will be cancelled off your 9000
    Yes do this and report your other phone as lost/stolen as well. Don't want anyone getting a free blackberry.
    03-12-10 03:36 PM
    Yes do this and report your other phone as lost/stolen as well. Don't want anyone getting a free blackberry.
    Reporting the phone lost / stolen will not stop it from being used as US GSM
    carriers DO NOT blacklist IMEIs.
    03-12-10 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD