I just lost my BB App World icon after doing the recommended uptate to version1.1.0.35.

I downloaded it twice but the icon is nowhere to be found. I know the application is on my phone; when I go to "options" and then "Applications" I see it listed. Just can't find the icon to open it. Usually I can find stuff in the Download folder. I have software version v5.0.0.405 (Platform 5.1.0.112)

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!
    06-11-10 10:05 PM
    Have you tried rebooting your phone? Sometimes that is necessary after
    an application installation.
    06-11-10 10:34 PM
    Make sure your options say show all in the menu or try changing your theme. 2 things I tried before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 10:49 PM
    People have been discussing this issue in the 3rd Party BlackBerry Apps forum: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bla...0-35-a-481650/
    06-11-10 11:50 PM
    I rebooted (battery pull) twice. Doesn't help.

If I learned anything from this, I will make a back up once everything works again before any more updates. I always thought that updates are improvements..........they were for my iPhone I used to have.

I looked on the BB site, you can't even contact them with a problem. I don't get it; they put out faulty updates, sell you a phone for a lot of money and have no customer support. Very disappointing!

I wish I could delete the app and download the older version of the APP store somewhere.
    06-12-10 08:40 PM
    Anybody has a link to the older version?

Thanks.
    06-12-10 08:46 PM
    This problem has been discussed on several different threads. On one of them, somebody suggested Menu> Show All to find the BB App World icon, and/or changing your theme

My update went smoothly yesterday...
    06-12-10 08:56 PM
    Go to 'www.blackberry.com/appworld' using your device browser...click the download now and next buttons and do a reinstall of the application. Each time I've upgraded my OS I have to reinstall App World this way.
    06-12-10 08:58 PM
    You can install an older version...use DM to uninstall; reboot, then install through DM

Using this technique has been reported as effective to some degree. You may have altered some of the system files during the upgrade and my not be able to perform the afore mentioned technique!
    06-13-10 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD