I lost some very important emals. using BB Bold

Here's what I know:

On Desktop Manager 7 it shows that the DEVICE has over 1225 emails.

On the DEVICE, it shows only 300.

Somehow, all of my old emails mainly with attatchments were deleted.

I have heard this is due to too many applicaitons taking up memeory so the DEVICE deletes emails w/o warning?

I did go to a WIFI spot the other day and downloaded emails like crazy. But subsequently deleted them hoping the emails would come back.

I did a QUICK PULL using software 2x but could not recover the emails after deleting the progams.

I have also updated on 1/1 to DM4.7 from 4.6. Thinking this was the cause, I revered back to all the data on 1/1 (and also saw that there were over 1000 emails on that backup). Still could not get the emails.

Are they gone foreever? If so why is DM still showing over 1225 messages when I only have 300+ on the DEVICE?

I currently have about 33MB of free space for application memory and 795MB in device memory.

Can I retrieve the emails?
    Last edited by SCFIGHTON; 01-03-09 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Model Number
    01-03-09 01:49 AM
    Where in DM is it showing the 1225 emails? I'm assuming its under the backup/restore section? If so go into restore and you will get two windows, one on the left and one on the right.

Highlight the emails (messages) on the left and click the double arrow to restore them back to the device.

If this isn't correct can you post a screenshot of where it shows the 1225 emails in DM? Maybe we can help more that way
    01-03-09 07:45 AM
    How long do you keep your emails on the phone? In Messages, go to Options, General Options and scroll to Actions and look at Keep Messages.

If the message you want is older than this setting then Backup will not restore it. Change the setting so as to get your messages back and then Save them.

Do not leave the Keep Messages setting at Forever as this is just trouble brewing for later when, ultimately, the memory fills up.
    01-03-09 07:50 AM
    Sounds like a memory or config limitation. I don't recommend storing hundreds of emails on ur bb when there are tons of free webmail services that u can access from ur bb if u need to retrieve mail from ur archives.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 08:38 AM
    Thanks all. Want to respond to comments hoping that you can help me retrieve.

On DM I look on the right side and see the device has 1225 emails. I called my telco and they said that includes SENT messages. Again the BB display shows about 300 and there is a gap of 900 or so emails from the inbox which disappered. Anyway I went to and older backup and restored but same problem. I guess with that backup the emails were already gone. Could go futher back (even older backup) but that would mean I would lose all my recent emails.

I did have the emails saved forever. I only backed the BB up about 4 times in 3 months since purhcase but as I said I get about 100 business emails per day.

I think the problem was likely cuaesd by memory. I would have expected the forever setting to take care of that. Also it deleted without warning. Even a Windows PC OS warns about low memory so why not BB?

Still anyway to get those emails back? I run serveral email accounts and for some I am fortunate to find them on gmail.
    01-03-09 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD