Hi,
    I'm using my Bold in Northern Ireland, but I work in an area with dodgy Orange signal. Sometimes I lose signal and drift onto O2-Ireland-which has huge cost implications.
    On previous smartphones I have been able to set my network preferences up so that if it ain't on Orange, it ain't on any network-not great, but it does save a lot of money!
    Currently, I can't find a way to set this up on the BB..............any suggestions out there?

Thanks in advance,
    Big C
    08-26-08 06:24 AM
    Go to settings>Mobile Network>Network Selection Mode>Manual ...

Then get it to prompt so you wont go onto another network if there is no signal
    08-26-08 06:37 AM
    Thanks Laurent08,
    I think that's what I was looking for-though it's been stuck searching for networks for the past 5 minutes......I may wait until I get back to an Orange signal area, then lock it into that!

For others looking for same thing,
    The path on my BB was Connections>Mobile Network>Network Selection Mode>Manual
    08-26-08 06:51 AM
    Welcome to CB Big C!

Nice to see another Northern Ireland user on here

I will shortly be getting my Bold and running it on the o2 (UK) network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 07:01 AM
    Hazysky-good to know there are more of us! Hopefully you will have a strong O2 signal and won't have this hassle!
    08-26-08 07:08 AM
    There are only 2 of us lol

I hope so too. I live near Belfast so don't expect to be picking up an o2 Ireland signal! That would be very expensive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD