So, I did a search on this, and the only results I recieved were those who had an issue with the battery door not fitting onto the device well, and making a "squeaky" noise when pressure was applied.

The issue I'm having is that my door doesn't squeak, but comes off REALLY easily, so even just lightly putting the *smallest* bit of pressure on the latch will cause it to pop out, meaning I've ended up dropping the cover quite a few times while using it.

It's not a big issue, but it is getting kind of annoying, and its slightly embarrasing to be walking about, using your BlackBerry (you've already been labeled as one of "those" people) and then all of the sudden, your battery door comes flying off.

I'm thinking this is either an issue with my door being fault, or the little latch itself being faulty, I can try and get a new latch for three quid off cnn or somewhere, and I'm hoping that would fix it.

Any suggestions would be a big help.
    07-25-09 10:09 AM
    I'm having the exact same issue.

I REALLY want to avoid having to put a sleeve or case that covers up the beautifulness that is my Bold, but I also don't want to pull it out of my briefcase in a meeting and have it's innards all exposed

Suggestions??
    07-25-09 11:26 AM
    I know this isn't funny, but I am ROTFLMAO, cuz I got a visual of the Bolds with their guts hanging out in public.
    OK, I'm sick.....LOL
    Sorry!
    07-25-09 02:19 PM
    Hey guys, just chiming in on your problem.

I dropped my phone while scurrying to submit my undergraduate thesis in the parking lot a few months back (LOL!) and when I picked it up, the door was loose and showed the exact symptoms of what you guys are describing.

The problem turned out to the be the spring on the latch on the bottom (silver latch) broke. I went on cnn.cn and purchased this:

BlackBerry Bold 9000 OEM battery cover latch with spring - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular

Make sure to purchase this piece and not the one without the spring because that is the part that is actually torn or broken.

Took a few minutes to replace because you have to take off the midplate I believe to access the latch (just pull the old broken piece out and slide in the new one.) I took the phone apart anyways so I don't know if it can be done without removing the bezel and midplate (since I had to change bezel and buttons anyways.)

Now, months later, it still works better than when I first bought the phone. The spring is responsive and doesn't come apart without actually pressing down on the latch.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 07-25-09 at 02:38 PM.
    07-25-09 02:35 PM
    I know this isn't funny, but I am ROTFLMAO, cuz I got a visual of the Bolds with their guts hanging out in public.
    OK, I'm sick.....LOL
    Sorry!
    I did laugh to myself a bit after reading that, Nice job. :P

And ZOMG. Someone who might have the same area code as me! a 602ish one!
    07-26-09 12:51 AM

I dropped my phone while scurrying to submit my undergraduate thesis in the parking lot a few months back (LOL!) and when I picked it up, the door was loose and showed the exact symptoms of what you guys are describing.

The problem turned out to the be the spring on the latch on the bottom (silver latch) broke. I went on cnn.cn and purchased this:

BlackBerry Bold 9000 OEM battery cover latch with spring - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular

Make sure to purchase this piece and not the one without the spring because that is the part that is actually torn or broken.

Took a few minutes to replace because you have to take off the midplate I believe to access the latch (just pull the old broken piece out and slide in the new one.) I took the phone apart anyways so I don't know if it can be done without removing the bezel and midplate (since I had to change bezel and buttons anyways.)

Now, months later, it still works better than when I first bought the phone. The spring is responsive and doesn't come apart without actually pressing down on the latch.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
    Question, Assuming you've not done a "blacked-out" Bold, how well does your replacement latch match the bezel colour? I really don't want to end up with a latch that is just a little lighter or darker then the bezel itself.
    07-26-09 01:00 AM
    That is too bad, I do think that you folks with the Bold have the best looking backsides
    07-26-09 01:02 AM
    E d I t e d.
    Last edited by Benjamindaines; 07-26-09 at 07:52 AM.
    07-26-09 01:30 AM

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
    Oh my gawd, i NEED one of those in the UK, any idea where i'd find one

After dropping my bberry a few times (thankfully NOT in the bath [ok just once]) the back doors a tinge loose. Just ordered a red back door as a spare/to see if it works but as you said its the spring not the cover, any idea where I can get one in the UK?
    07-26-09 04:50 AM
    In addition to stopping the creek, the business card method made the back fit on tighter. Maybe that will work?
    07-26-09 07:06 PM
    I use bandaids. they work.
    07-26-09 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD