A little background on my cellphones history, in high shcool it was a Nokia 3xxx series, then a couple years later a nokia 6xxx series, then it was C7 and then N8. About a year ago when i started real estate part-time i switched to E73 which was an awesome phone by all means, but it had problems sharing data with the playbook.

So here I am, i've been told by a few friends to purchase the 9900. But I for one just cannot justify in purchasing a 500 dollar phone for texting/calling, emails and some simple browsing.

A few particular apps on my nokia E73 i currently value a lot are
    totalrecall (basically records all my conversations)
    fake phone call/txt msg (it's like you're getting a call/msg from someone, just to get out of annoying situations)

Any recommendation's greatly appreciated, thank you.
    09-08-12 04:54 PM
    i love my 9900 so i would recommend it for you.. pretty sure you would the love keypad on it and the apps you need for you recording phone calls and faking them are available for the 9900 if you dont mind paying for them.. also im pretty sure the texting/calling, emails and some simple browsing. its not different from ur nokia e73
    09-08-12 05:19 PM
    The 9900/9930 is an awesome device. The keyboard is the best kb on any phone imo.
    The touchscreen is great. It can't be beat when it comes to communication, texting, emailing and browsing is a good experience as well. I was in real estate for the past 6 years and my BB kept me very organized and productive. The 9900/9930 is a real workhorse.
    09-08-12 08:04 PM
    I'd suggest you getting the 9900, but if you cant be bothered to waste $500, then get the 9790 or the curve..

the 9900 has the best keyboard of all time.. and its very fast, and has a great design.

the 9790 is smaller and has a 1ghz processor instead of a 1.2ghz processor that the 9900 has, but it has a touchscreen just like the 9900.

and the $500 is worth it for a 9900
    or you could get a used one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-08-12 08:07 PM
    Have to agree with the rest, 9900 or 9930 best keyboard ever put on a phone. Wouldn't trade mine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    09-08-12 11:59 PM
    The two top of the line phones blackberry has is the new torch with the slide up screen and the new bold with the traditional design. I have the bold and I say get that one if this is your fisrt blackberry.
    09-09-12 12:30 AM
    Get the 9900/30 for sure! It has a little bit of everything. It is a TRUE BlackBerry!!
    09-09-12 12:38 AM
    My 9900 with the Seidio's Super Extended Life Battery for BlackBerry Bold 9900 is excellent for my business. Not often, but often enough for me to notice, I receive on my computer or 9900 an email that has some glitch of some kind in its format or attachment. Those emails are always from some non-Blackberry brand. And I have never had any problem sending any email or attachment on my 9900. The 9900 is a solid, powerful business tool.

The opinion of most people I talk with is that a Blackberry is the best device for business people who must stay connected 100% of the time in the easiest and most reliable way possible.

If that is your situation, the Blackberry is the best solution in my opinion. Having said that, there are many business people who have non-Blackberry phones, but it seems when talking with them about what they like about their phones the first thing they say is about some entertainment or music or game feature. It was such an informal survey I took of several people that led me to the 9900 when I was asking myself the same question you posted.

It does come down to personal preference. You are right to keep on asking and looking at phones and you'll find yourself tending to identify with one group or the other. Good luck!
    09-09-12 01:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD