You know, that typing thing! How productive are you on a virtual keyboard going between, text messaging, chat and email? Answer: not very.
    How do you know his productivity level, though? You know that people have learned to type just as fast on virtual keyboards, right?
    08-25-11 09:34 AM
    What part of text messages, email and social apps does the iPhone not handle well?

I didnt ask about phone calls becuase I know your answer.
    Yeah let me know how using Citrix Receiver on a micro screen works for you maintaining servers on your BB. See on my iToy as you call it I use Citrix receiver or RDP whichever I prefer and can and do work on my servers. So get over yourself with the iToy reference that ship sailed in 2007..........
    Sorry to hear that you work in IT. We won't hold it against you.
    08-25-11 09:34 AM
    You know, that typing thing! How productive are you on a virtual keyboard going between, text messaging, chat and email? Answer: not very.
    Exactly... just because one person cannot (or will not) master typing on a virtual screen doesn't prevent others from doing it.
    08-25-11 09:35 AM
    Ive started to notice a big pattern here, maybe its just me or maybe there is something more to it, but majority of the 9900 owners LOVE their device, while I hear so many 9930 owners beginning to despise it.....Is the CDMA version that worse off than the GSM?
    I haven't felt that same vibe at all. my 9930 is the tits!
    08-25-11 09:35 AM
    How do you know his productivity level, though? You know that people have learned to type just as fast on virtual keyboards, right?
    No how many?
    08-25-11 09:37 AM
    Went through the same myself. Long time blackberry user but waiting for updates and the not so great browser made me switch. Got an iphone and loved it. I did miss the blackberry hardware though. I really thought the 9930 was gonna be the best of both worlds so I picked one up. Though the hardware is really nice and the keyboard is probably the best the software just disappointed me. The lack of active sync, didnt have any of the apps that help me get through the day, one app I use on my iphone a lot is free but on the bold I have to pay for and so on.

I also want to say those who think of an iphone as a toy need to get a clue and others who say blackberrys are more productive obviously never used an iphone at all or never used one to its full potential.
    08-25-11 09:43 AM
    Guys obviously Bold9930 has his first BB and is trying to raise post count by replying to everyone and everything. It's OK Bold 9930 we know it's your First BB and you like it, but please don't try to talk about things you don't know about. Some people can type faster on a Virtual keyboard than a BB right? There is this thing called muscle memory and we all have it. It's quite wonderful you know after about a week of having my iPhone4 I quite frankly had a hard time typing on a BB. So go do some battery pulls and keep replying to build a post count and enjoy your shiny new BB

And if you really have to put other people down to justify your choice in phones you may be best served by re-evalutaing your choice.
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 08-25-11 at 09:47 AM.
    08-25-11 09:43 AM
    Answer: I can type just as fast if not faster on my iphone than any of the blackberrys Ive owned
    08-25-11 09:45 AM
    I posted a thread on "Speed typing myths" a while ago in General Discussion.. let's take a look at this:

08-25-11 09:58 AM
    I posted a thread on "Speed typing myths" a while ago in General Discussion.. let's take a look at this:

Lies... all lies! He is NOT productive!

On the real though... wow!
    08-25-11 10:02 AM
    Answer: I can type just as fast if not faster on my iphone than any of the blackberrys Ive owned
    Are you sure?

Whenever my wife uses her iPhone to text or email me, I can't understand what the heck she's typing...She's says it's the keyboard. So I gave it a try and couldn't type for a damm...Oh, then when you need to switch between numbers, you need to enable a new screen...common now - and you are faster than on a keyboard...Sure you are...Sure you are.

I'd say I'm twice as slow with one of those in comparison.

Just saying.
    beamolite and ADGrant like this.
    08-25-11 10:02 AM
    Lies... all lies! He is NOT productive!

On the real though... wow!
    So one guy can type fast? Geez guys....Try selling that to a business professional. Didn't see any numbers there.
    08-25-11 10:04 AM
    Are you sure?

Whenever my wife uses her iPhone to text or email me, I can't understand what the heck she's typing...She's says it's the keyboard. So I gave it a try and couldn't type for a damm...Oh, then when you need to switch between numbers, you need to enable a new screen...common now - and you are faster than on a keyboard...Sure you are...Sure you are.

I'd say I'm twice as slow with one of those in comparison.

Just saying.
    Not arguing, or even knocking you. Some folks just prefer physical keyboards. No problem with that.

My point is that with a little practice, you can be proficient with a virtual keyboard.
    08-25-11 10:05 AM
    So one guy can type fast? Geez guys....Try selling that to a business professional.
    But they are selling them... virtual keyboards are not just gimmicks anymore. Business folks are using them.
    08-25-11 10:07 AM
    Not arguing, or even knocking you. Some folks just prefer physical keyboards. No problem with that.

My point is that with a little practice, you can be proficient with a virtual keyboard.
    No issues, but I'm still confused why so many iPhone users are here to defend their devices on the BB 9900 forum? Sure seems odd.
    beamolite and Bluehair62 like this.
    08-25-11 10:08 AM
    No issues, but I'm still confused why so many iPhone users are here to defend their devices on the BB 9900 forum? Sure seems odd.
    Um, it could be the title of the thread... Just a thought. Anyhow, this thread has outlived it's usefulness.
    undone likes this.
    08-25-11 10:11 AM
141 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD