Ah... got it. It makes so much more sense now. When you install apps, it's okay. When others want more apps, they are unreasonable.
    Not even. I use mobile sites prior to the eBay app existing for blackberry. I don't want to touch any third party software unless it's developed by the company themselves.

Even then, I use espn's MOBILE site. I don't use the Score App or any of that nonsense. Even on my iPod Touch 4G, I use mobile sites.

Don't come to a blackberry platform and expect the market to which this phone is catered to also share your interests..

I've opened app world only for updates. I haven't used it aside from getting the eBay app, which I believe is the ONLY app I've "downloaded" (aside from updates for my first party applications).

And by the way--I don't see what's so special about your iPhone/iPad.

Oh what, that's right... You're nobody important if you claim you write full emails on your iPhone for "business". Why did you even get a bold 9700? I don't understand why ANYONE would get a blackberry unless all they do is email/text/bbm/surf on wap sites.
    08-24-11 01:20 PM
    So what is the 9930? An entirely new phone built from scratch? No, it's "incremental changes" from the last Bold, oh and with a touch screen - hardly innovative.

The iPhone 5 is basically everything that makes the other iPhones such a winning design, but with some of the flaws ironed out, a much faster processor, more memory, a bigger screen, more powerful graphics chip etc. If you're going to dismiss those improvements as "merely incremental" then I guess the same can be said for all computer technology advancements over the last 50 years, which have all basically been "incremental."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How is the iPhone's current processor "slow"? Are you trying to tell me you can exhaust all 800MHz without issue? Outline a situation that involves USAGE, please. Games don't count.

You sound like a typical apple consumerist. An 800 MHz A4 + 512MB Ram is "fast". You likely won't be able to use the second core the way you want, given the fact that apple sleeps processes when they're put in the background.

Also, even if they do somehow fix that, I highly doubt iOS will be a true multithreaded OS like Android. Can you tell me how much better the new PowerSVX graphics chip will be? I bet it will have the same architecture but with a faster clockspeed.

The iPhone 4s/5 will not be as big of an upgrade as you think. If you have an iPhone 4, you will not notice much better performance unless you're doing something senseless like watching an mkv on your phone.

You guys seriously need to get a grip. Getting a phone with the "latest hardware advancements" isn't going to make you cooler or improve your experience, especially when its predecessor has ample power.

The amount of miseducation just shocks me every time I read this forum. If you want, I can do a piece-by-piece dissection/analysis of every part that is in the iPhone 4s to show you why it's not that special.

Oh, and if you're going to upgrade to it-- Good luck. I know that Rogers will be telling anyone who has an iPhone 4 to go to **** unless they're generating enough revenue to get a subsidized iPhone 4s/5. With that being said, you're ready to shell out 600 bucks for a phone that won't make much of a difference when you use it?
    08-24-11 01:26 PM
    I'M leaving the iPhone 4 because I took a look at how I use my "communication device" and realized I was making my job harder.

As a lawyer, I need a phone and something to send text and email messages. Since picking my ipad, internet or "fun things" just are not needed on my device.

And apps? I don't use any apps on a daily basis save pandora and kindle. Apps always seem to be a one off affair, like the Disneyland app that I used for 3 days or an airport app for a few hours before my flight.

The ipad on the other hand is loaded up with apps I use daily. The screen size is the reason. Anything smaller and reading pdfs or using a stylus to take notes would be impossible.

Finally the typing. The iPhone is not impossible to type on by any means but after about 2 years, I am still slower than I was with the BB and it is because of the keyboard. I spend way to much time correcting errors and I don't want to attempt any lengthy explanation via text or email solely becaue of the keyboard. I also remember it was so easy to type with one hand and that is just not in the cards with the iPhone.

That was basically my explanation to a colleague yesterday at lunch I why am leaving for the BB.

In sum, if you use your iPhone as an entertainment device first and a communication device second, moving to the BB is probably not the right choice.
    Broly, kashabrown, bAAx and 2 others like this.
    08-24-11 01:35 PM
    Not even. I use mobile sites prior to the eBay app existing for blackberry. I don't want to touch any third party software unless it's developed by the company themselves.
    No problem. But you seem to have a hard time grasping that not everyone thinks like you do, and some people... *gasp* even want apps on their BlackBerries that, crazy as it sounds, aren't developed by RIM.

Don't come to a blackberry platform and expect the market to which this phone is catered to also share your interests..
    What market is that, exactly?

I've opened app world only for updates. I haven't used it aside from getting the eBay app, which I believe is the ONLY app I've "downloaded" (aside from updates for my first party applications).
    Okay, so once again: apps you consider good are ok while any other apps that others may want are unacceptable, unnecessary, and beyond the scope of the target market for BlackBerry devices. How very strange.

And by the way--I don't see what's so special about your iPhone/iPad.
    Ok. Doesn't matter to me that my iPhone and iPad don't seem special to you. I didn't buy them for you to be impressed.

Oh what, that's right... You're nobody important if you claim you write full emails on your iPhone for "business". Why did you even get a bold 9700? I don't understand why ANYONE would get a blackberry unless all they do is email/text/bbm/surf on wap sites.
    Huh? Now you seem to be slipping off the deep end. When did I (or anyone else here) claim to be important because I write full e-mails on my iPhone for business? Besides, how is it so hard for you to accept that it's possible for people to be in business, successful even, and still use something other than a BlackBerry device?
    08-24-11 01:40 PM
    If people love Apps, go to android or iPHone.

I don't use my phone for stupid apps. I use my phone to be productive. Whether that means I'm talking to some hunniez, colleagues or bbming old friends... It doesn't matter.

I can just imagine people like ESN being like: "DO U GOT AN APP FOR DAT LOL. O WAIT U USE BLACKBERRY NO APPZ4U DEWD".

*shakes head*. I don't know what's up with people needing apps for every little damn thing in today's world.

Hopefully one day the iPhone/droids will get a toilet paper app where the screen is just a roll of toilet paper that you can finger scroll. That way people can wipe their behind with their app fascination.

Sickening. Don't buy a blackberry if your main priority isn't being productive.

/endrant.
    You are so right, Apps are stupid.

Who needs skype? Idiots, thats who. A decent navigation app? morons, they should know where they are going in the first place!! Netflix? Pish posh, movies are for dummies. Dont even get me started on games!! If I want to play a game, I will buy a $200 gaming console.

Im with you. I only use a phone to be productive. It annoys me that anyone would want a converged device that does more than one thing well. I actually feel bad for these people.
    08-24-11 01:51 PM
    I meant third party apps. I'm happy with whatever comes on the phone and whatever other first party apps I'd need like eBay, etc. I'm trying to say the third party developer support isn't why I bought a blackberry. For many people who use an iPhone/Android, they care about those apps that are made by people who program in their basements.

Skyping with hunniez is a fine line :P I don't cam, haha.
    I don't have Android to stockpile third party apps... but, there are some programs from the "basement" proving to be more useful than first party solutions...

I have an Android device because I can be quite the productive control freak... I like knowing what software is being put into my phone (try getting bare bones software configurations from a carrier,sans Nexus phones)

I like knowing there's a basement full of guys aiming to change, and improve the Android experience... Choice is powerful...

End rant

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    08-24-11 01:57 PM
    No problem. But you seem to have a hard time grasping that not everyone thinks like you do, and some people... *gasp* even want apps on their BlackBerries that, crazy as it sounds, aren't developed by RIM.

What market is that, exactly?

Okay, so once again: apps you consider good are ok while any other apps that others may want are unacceptable, unnecessary, and beyond the scope of the target market for BlackBerry devices. How very strange.

Ok. Doesn't matter to me that my iPhone and iPad don't seem special to you. I didn't buy them for you to be impressed.

Huh? Now you seem to be slipping off the deep end. When did I (or anyone else here) claim to be important because I write full e-mails on my iPhone for business? Besides, how is it so hard for you to accept that it's possible for people to be in business, successful even, and still use something other than a BlackBerry device?

Are you the dummy who goes and buys an SUV for speed, knowing that it's not *that fast*?

It's been known for a while now that Blackberries are an "app dead" platform. I don't even need to state that, just look at App World. No one who uses a blackberry really cares about the apps.

The target audience for this phone is not your teenybopper 16-20 year old. The iPHone is for them. This phone is a COMMUNICATION device. Look at what the lawyer above me wrote, it's pretty self explanatory as to why people stick to blackberries. There is not even one android phone that has as nice of a keyboard as the blackberry. NONE. I need to be able to write full emails on the go, regardless of where I am. This is the market that blackberries are catered to: People who want to be productive (with respect to their career) at all times.

I don't care what reasons you bought the iPad/iPhone for, because one of them is most definitely to look cool and savvy.

I do question your definition of "successful" if you're using a toy as a phone.
    I also question your intellect when you state that I am insulting others for "demanding apps", insofar as saying that I "use apps".

As I've said time and time again: the "apps" I'm referring to come installed on the device, regardless of the OS version. eBay app I don't even care about, mobile is good enough for me. I don't consider BBM an "app" because it's included in the OS. Just because "app" is short for Application, doesn't mean everyone uses that definition.

Being more than just a little familiar with software development, I can safely say that people in the industry would understand my use of the word "apps" as programs that aren't included with the operating system.
    08-24-11 01:58 PM
    You are so right, Apps are stupid.

Who needs skype? Idiots, thats who. A decent navigation app? morons, they should know where they are going in the first place!! Netflix? Pish posh, movies are for dummies. Dont even get me started on games!! If I want to play a game, I will buy a $200 gaming console.

Im with you. I only use a phone to be productive. It annoys me that anyone would want a converged device that does more than one thing well. I actually feel bad for these people.
    lol @ Converged device. Not happening anytime soon with the rate of power consumption and battery technology. I don't see the point of having one device that is mediocre at many things instead of having a device that's good at certain things. I bought a 64GB iPod Touch 4G instead of buying an iPhone 4, even though I love music.

I made that choice so I can listen to music and also message on two compact devices.

I am against this idea of embedded devices becoming the future. For my line of work, an embedded device being able to do many of my tasks will not be possible.
    08-24-11 02:02 PM
    I'M leaving the iPhone 4 because I took a look at how I use my "communication device" and realized I was making my job harder.

As a lawyer, I need a phone and something to send text and email messages. Since picking my ipad, internet or "fun things" just are not needed on my device.

And apps? I don't use any apps on a daily basis save pandora and kindle. Apps always seem to be a one off affair, like the Disneyland app that I used for 3 days or an airport app for a few hours before my flight.

The ipad on the other hand is loaded up with apps I use daily. The screen size is the reason. Anything smaller and reading pdfs or using a stylus to take notes would be impossible.

Finally the typing. The iPhone is not impossible to type on by any means but after about 2 years, I am still slower than I was with the BB and it is because of the keyboard. I spend way to much time correcting errors and I don't want to attempt any lengthy explanation via text or email solely becaue of the keyboard. I also remember it was so easy to type with one hand and that is just not in the cards with the iPhone.

That was basically my explanation to a colleague yesterday at lunch I why am leaving for the BB.

In sum, if you use your iPhone as an entertainment device first and a communication device second, moving to the BB is probably not the right choice.
    Well said.

I am not a lawyer, but am a business professional who has an issue with something making my life harder rather than easier - the last time I checked, technology (cell phones, laptops, etc) are there to make life easier and more productive.

I mistakenly tried the droid line and the "I". They are really cool devices that can do so many things. Problem for me (AND ONLY FOR ME) is that my day to day life involves email, phone calls and texting. In my opinion only, there is only one sure-fire winner for those three things - BLACKBERRY. The new keyboard on my 9930 is friggin amazing - I can bang out a three paragraph email almost as fast as I can type it on my keyboard (and I am a fast touch-typer) - only had the device for a few days too!!

I love the choices - and different strokes for different folks - as you said above, if you wish to have a toy that doubles as a phone - then android and the "I" is for you - if you want a phone first - blackberry is IT.

Just my $.02
    djrakowski likes this.
    08-24-11 02:08 PM
    Wow, if some BB fans here still like the iPhone4 after trying the new 9900...then I wonder what the iPhone5 will be like? I mean, we're comparing new technology (the latest from BB) with older technology (iPhone4) and iPhone4 sounds like it's still ahead of BB in every way. Now the iPhone can sync with Outlook, get Docs2Go anyway. So I'd be set. But isn't there a limit to the # of emails for iPhone4...200 max? Or was this the iPhone3?

Plus, with the new notifications bar with iOS5, the only thing lacking sounds like a physical keyboard. I think if iPhone5 has a 4" display, then I just might bite.
    08-24-11 02:15 PM
    Are you the dummy who goes and buys an SUV for speed, knowing that it's not *that fast*?
    Dummy? Really? That's the best you've got? You can't make an argument so you resort to calling me a "dummy?" Brilliant. What's next? Will you be calling me a doody-head? Will you be sticking your fingers in your ears while chanting "I can't hear you, I can't hear you?"

It's been known for a while now that Blackberries are an "app dead" platform. I don't even need to state that, just look at App World. No one who uses a blackberry really cares about the apps.
    No one. No one at all? Are you positive? So why are there even as many apps as there already are? Why does RIM develop apps for the platform if no one wants them?

The target audience for this phone is not your teenybopper 16-20 year old. The iPHone is for them. This phone is a COMMUNICATION device. Look at what the lawyer above me wrote, it's pretty self explanatory as to why people stick to blackberries.
    While I don't believe there is anything wrong with BlackBerry devices, nor do I believe there is anything wrong with people that use them, I do find it funny that you think (1) RIM doesn't want to capture the teen crowd, and (2) the iPhone isn't for business. This is especially true when articles such as this one crop up: Teen Girls Want BlackBerries not iPhones. Funny stuff, that.

Sure, I know what you're going to say. The author of that article is biased and/or hates RIM and/or is an Apple fanboy (or is it Fanboi, I can never remember). Whatever. Maybe the author is a dummy? Or perhaps a doo doo head?

I don't care what reasons you bought the iPad/iPhone for, because one of them is most definitely to look cool and savvy.
    Interesting. I hate to burst your bubble, but I didn't buy an iPhone to "look cool and savvy." It's very funny to me that you would think this, however.

I do question your definition of "successful" if you're using a toy as a phone.
    I also question your intellect when you state that I am insulting others for "demanding apps", insofar as saying that I "use apps".
    Question all you want. Doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I still question your use of the word "hunniez."

Just because "app" is short for Application, doesn't mean everyone uses that definition.

Being more than just a little familiar with software development, I can safely say that people in the industry would understand my use of the word "apps" as programs that aren't included with the operating system.
    Brilliant. Simply brilliant.
    08-24-11 02:18 PM
    I know for some people, the following statement will disrupt the time-space continuum:

Some people have learned how to be productive on non-Blackberry devices.

*pausing for dramatic effect*

Some of us can email, text, write books, distribute position papers, create spreadsheets and more from our (gasp!) non-BB devices. I will be so forward as to say that I can do more (and way faster) than most BB-using folks. And (please don't shoot me here) I can play Angry Birds with my son when I am done.

Oh my goodness... I can type one-handed on a touchscreen (Swype). Should I get a ribbon?

LOL... the Blackberry is a converged device. Convergence is the key defining feature of a smartphone. Different strokes for different folks, as has been said, but quit feeling sorry for people who are on other platforms. I am sure they are managing to get by.

I respect those that state they have tried others and picked BB. I was in the same boat for many years, till another platform finally provided the combination of price and functionality I needed for my job. But, if you think that a device is a toy because it can be used to have fun in ADDITION to the things your device can do, the joke is on you.
    djrakowski and Nickerz like this.
    08-24-11 02:26 PM
    I have to agree with Lauyerman also, I'm not a lawyer but a Business Administrator and receive over 200+ emails a day plus many text messages from clients and pounding out emails on my BlackBerry is just effortless!
    I sit at my desk typing away at 90WPM without looking 99% of the time, my colleges can't believe there eyes!
    Security is a must because of the sensitive data sent in emails, plus the faster the emails are sent/received something else RIM do so well.

Also call quality is a MUST & RIM does that the best personally very, very rare I get a dropped call on my BB yet my sister (iP4 user) Can't hold a call down for sh*t!

I use a Curve 8520 for work (Yeah we need them upgrading real soon!), Bold 9900 for personal & my iPod touch for fun. I've got 6 pages of Apps on my iTouch but honestly only use about 5 or 6, the novelty of 600,000+ apps soon wore off for me.

For me...I'll only use a BB, it took me all of 2 minutes to type this on my 9900, never used a keyboard as fine as in my life!

Just my $.02

kashabrown likes this.
    08-24-11 02:35 PM
    Dummy? Really? That's the best you've got? You can't make an argument so you resort to calling me a "dummy?" Brilliant. What's next? Will you be calling me a doody-head? Will you be sticking your fingers in your ears while chanting "I can't hear you, I can't hear you?"

No one. No one at all? Are you positive? So why are there even as many apps as there already are? Why does RIM develop apps for the platform if no one wants them?

While I don't believe there is anything wrong with BlackBerry devices, nor do I believe there is anything wrong with people that use them, I do find it funny that you think (1) RIM doesn't want to capture the teen crowd, and (2) the iPhone isn't for business. This is especially true when articles such as this one crop up: Teen Girls Want BlackBerries not iPhones. Funny stuff, that.

Sure, I know what you're going to say. The author of that article is biased and/or hates RIM and/or is an Apple fanboy (or is it Fanboi, I can never remember). Whatever. Maybe the author is a dummy? Or perhaps a doo doo head?

Interesting. I hate to burst your bubble, but I didn't buy an iPhone to "look cool and savvy." It's very funny to me that you would think this, however.

Question all you want. Doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I still question your use of the word "hunniez."

Brilliant. Simply brilliant.
    You were called a dummy because that's what you are. Oh you bought an iPad2 and an iPhone for reasons that aren't tied to public perception? BS. If it came down to an iPhone or Android for me, android wins hands down. The market has been showing that trend.

Good for the teenage girls, looks like they've made better decisions than you. And let's not forget that their decision making at that age isn't necessarily the best.

And I still question your definition of success and intellect. You can continue to address my posts in a condescending manner, because it speaks more about you than me.

My posts aren't neccessarily any better than yours, but at least I speak from a perspective of passion. I love the industry I'm in, and let's just say my familiarity with things you're trying to argue are above average, to say the least.

08-24-11 02:38 PM
    I sit at my desk typing away at 90WPM without looking 99% of the time, my colleges can't believe there eyes!

You got most of the world beat... most of us CBers envy your speed: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...27/index3.html

Even with Swype, I am under 50, so I take my hat off to you...
    08-24-11 02:52 PM
    You were called a dummy because that's what you are.
    Wow.

Oh you bought an iPad2 and an iPhone for reasons that aren't tied to public perception? BS.
    I love how you pigeon-hole this issue. So if someone buys an iPhone and/or an iPad, they must have done so because of public perception? Really? No other reason, huh? And you actually question my intelligence?

If it came down to an iPhone or Android for me, android wins hands down. The market has been showing that trend.
    Nothing wrong with that at all. I still question your intelligence, but not because you like Android devices.

Good for the teenage girls, looks like they've made better decisions than you. And let's not forget that their decision making at that age isn't necessarily the best.
    Interesting. So while before you argued that teenage girls don't buy BlackBerries because the iPhone is for them, now you argue that teenage girls are actually making good decisions because they buy BlackBerries? Or wait... you're arguing that teenage girls don't make good decisions because they are buying BlackBerries.

Amazing how you did that.

What about the app issue that you completely ignored? You say no one wants apps on the BlackBerry, and yet there are apps available, several of which are developed by RIM itself. How is that even possible when, as you say with such authority, no one cares about apps if they use BlackBerry devices?

And I still question your definition of success and intellect. You can continue to address my posts in a condescending manner, because it speaks more about you than me.

My posts aren't neccessarily any better than yours, but at least I speak from a perspective of passion. I love the industry I'm in, and let's just say my familiarity with things you're trying to argue are above average, to say the least.
    Wait, I'm confused. If your posts aren't any better than mine, then we must be on the same level, right?
    Last edited by ifarlow; 08-24-11 at 03:04 PM.
    08-24-11 02:59 PM
    As a lifelong BB user, I was excited and couldnt wait for the 9930 to drop for Verizon. I've been a BB owner ever since the 8730 all the way up to the 9650 when I grew rather bored with the 9650 and jumped ship to the IP4. I went to the vzw store to play with the phone the other day and although the phone was nice, it wasnt THAT much of an improvement over previous BB devices. Nor was it THAT much of an improvement to make me drop my IP4 for.

The main reason I was looking forward to jumping back on the BB ship was the physical keyboard. I really do miss texting on it as oppose to the Iphone where I continuously make mistakes. What I wasnt impressed with was the fact the browser still seems to be laggy and the camera was far from impressive. Now I dont need professional quality pictures, but since I dont walk around with a camera every day, I'd like to be able to take some good quality pics straight from my phone. If anything, the camera seems to take less quality pictures over my previous 3.2mp bold! Another issue I had was the cheap plasticky battery cover. That thing is destined for scratches galore unless covered with a case. I prefer to rock my phone bare with a seidio holster, and with a cheap plastic cover like that, it would have gotten scratched up in no time. Another gripe I have is the fact that BB refuses to use gorilla glass for their flagship phone. Scratches on the screen is very unsightly and for a $500 phone, you would think they would use a scratchproof glass screen like apple and even palm/HP did with their Pre 2.

So at the end of the day, I just couldnt justify getting rid of my IP4 for the Bold 9930. It would have been like going from a lexus to a honda.
    Stick with your Lexus...no doubt you'll enjoy that more. It has a better camera too and probably uses Gorilla glass.
    08-24-11 03:14 PM
    I'm not exactly an iPhone fan but I do think this particular line of attack has become a little shopworn. They're actually very productive devices that have a ton of excellent business apps.

Not only business apps but also has mobile hotspot and a better camera

08-24-11 03:16 PM
    I know for some people, the following statement will disrupt the time-space continuum:

Some people have learned how to be productive on non-Blackberry devices.

*pausing for dramatic effect*

Some of us can email, text, write books, distribute position papers, create spreadsheets and more from our (gasp!) non-BB devices. I will be so forward as to say that I can do more (and way faster) than most BB-using folks. And (please don't shoot me here) I can play Angry Birds with my son when I am done.

Oh my goodness... I can type one-handed on a touchscreen (Swype). Should I get a ribbon?

LOL... the Blackberry is a converged device. Convergence is the key defining feature of a smartphone. Different strokes for different folks, as has been said, but quit feeling sorry for people who are on other platforms. I am sure they are managing to get by.

I respect those that state they have tried others and picked BB. I was in the same boat for many years, till another platform finally provided the combination of price and functionality I needed for my job. But, if you think that a device is a toy because it can be used to have fun in ADDITION to the things your device can do, the joke is on you.
    I agree with most of what you say - I was merely stating what worked for my own needs. I bought the DROID X - big screen, fast processor, lots of apps, etc., etc. I really wanted to like it, use it, make it part of my everyday business life because I liked the large screen and the ability to view webpages on it. I just couldn't do it and one day while attempting to type an email, I made one mistake (with swype) after another - taking 15 minutes to bang out an email that should have taken 30 seconds, that was it - on ebay it went and I bought a 9650 - have had it for a year until the amazing 9930 came out.

I might have been a little too strong in my opinion that the other devices are toys (I apologize for that).

The blackberry just works for me and my life as it stands. I only wish (like you) I could have made the Droid work for me.
    08-24-11 03:18 PM
    If your happy with your IP4, then why are you looking for a 9900? The 9900 is a real show stopper for existing BB users and is the best BB to date and I know many of my friends have already made the switch back to BB because of this. Email, messaging, communication is top notch. It truly is an amazing device.

You have been on this forum long enough to know that each OS is very different from the rest of them and it all depends on what your needs are, you have probably heard this over and over. If your happy with your IP4, you do not NEED a Blackberry.
    Funny how your telling him what he needs. Sorry he doesn't want to downgrade

08-24-11 03:30 PM
    If people love Apps, go to android or iPHone.

I don't use my phone for stupid apps. I use my phone to be productive. Whether that means I'm talking to some hunniez, colleagues or bbming old friends... It doesn't matter.

I can just imagine people like ESN being like: "DO U GOT AN APP FOR DAT LOL. O WAIT U USE BLACKBERRY NO APPZ4U DEWD".

*shakes head*. I don't know what's up with people needing apps for every little damn thing in today's world.

Hopefully one day the iPhone/droids will get a toilet paper app where the screen is just a roll of toilet paper that you can finger scroll. That way people can wipe their behind with their app fascination.

Sickening. Don't buy a blackberry if your main priority isn't being productive.

/endrant.
    Idk if your being serious or not but there is a toilet paper app like that (but you don't wipe with it lol) where you roll down the toilet paper with your fingers as fast as you can

08-24-11 03:33 PM
    You got most of the world beat... most of us CBers envy your speed: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...27/index3.html

Even with Swype, I am under 50, so I take my hat off to you...
    I think I've got the screen shot of when I scored 90WPM on TypeIt I'll have a look for it & upload it for you to see It's years of practice and non stop use, also 200+ emails a day keeps me on my toes That's why I won't I leave BB 'cause of the keyboard.
    I've got nimble fingers that fit the keys very well so I think that's what helps me too.

I can only type at 45WPM on my iTouch, so a iPhone wouldn't be productive for me, the messaging addict I am.

08-24-11 03:35 PM
    I agree with most of what you say - I was merely stating what worked for my own needs. I bought the DROID X - big screen, fast processor, lots of apps, etc., etc. I really wanted to like it, use it, make it part of my everyday business life because I liked the large screen and the ability to view webpages on it. I just couldn't do it and one day while attempting to type an email, I made one mistake (with swype) after another - taking 15 minutes to bang out an email that should have taken 30 seconds, that was it - on ebay it went and I bought a 9650 - have had it for a year until the amazing 9930 came out.

I might have been a little too strong in my opinion that the other devices are toys (I apologize for that).

The blackberry just works for me and my life as it stands. I only wish (like you) I could have made the Droid work for me.
    K, most of that wasn't directed at you... I feel you on the X. Not a fan of it, and MotoBlur kills most of the functionality, IMHO. Toss in the locked bootloader nonsense and all that, and I don't blame you one bit for returning to BB.

BBs made me realize I could do serious stuff on the go. My biggest gripe currently is that I depend on cloud computing a lot, and for this, Android is a bit better for me. For now.
    08-24-11 03:37 PM
    Hey people, relax with all the negative comments. Maybe the 99xx isn't the device for this particular OP. That doesn't mean it's not the right one for you or the next person. All of them have their strengths & weaknesses, all of them. It doesn't mean the OP is wrong for wanting to keep the iPhone 4 and it doesn't mean you're wrong for wanting to keep the 99xx.
    pkcable and Tre Lawrence like this.
    08-24-11 03:40 PM
    I think I've got the screen shot of when I scored 90WPM on TypeIt I'll have a look for it & upload it for you to see It's years of practice and non stop use, also 200+ emails a day keeps me on my toes That's why I won't I leave BB 'cause of the keyboard.
    I've got nimble fingers that fit the keys very well so I think that's what helps me too.

I can only type at 45WPM on my iTouch, so a iPhone wouldn't be productive for me, the messaging addict I am.

Sweet heavens!

I use Swype for little stuff, but for serious typing, I use what is called GB keyboard, in landscape. This admittedly mimics the BB thumb typing well... it is what I prefer:

08-24-11 03:44 PM
141 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD