Good Day,

I am finally tempted to get a new blackberry. Since coming to Blackberry I have not found ANY phone that really tempted me to get a new phone.

I currently use a 9700/6.0.0.526 for At&t - and I love it.

I am writing because I am looking for your pros/cons likes/dislikes what is your experience with each/both devices.

I know a logical answer is the Torch 9810; however, I am REALLY not a fan of the 9810's keyboard.

Let me explain a few things, I have 6 email addresses, 4 twitter accounts and take a lot of pictures/video.

With that said, my ONLY complaint from Blackberry is the screen real estate on the 9700 - I am a BIG web browser; therefore, I am constantly zooming and panning - which is somewhat annoying and does hurt my eyes.

My only wish is more memory. With loading OS6 and with only 10 apps, my phone has a memory leak which drops it to 6.9MB. - I am sure this will be taken care of in OS 7.

Now, I know I will get more screen real estate with both - but here are somethings that concern me with getting the 9860.

I email a lot and I am concerned the screen only keyboard may be a MAJOR downfall.

I am also a HUGH shortcut nut! I have QL and I can and actually do everything withing two to three key presses - EFFICIENCY and PRODUCTIVITY are VERY important to me. And I am concerned I would be giving that up if I went to the 9860.

The 9900 I am sure I would love it; however, I the 9860's screen is HIGHLY appealing to me. I am also bummed the 9900 doesn't have the left convenience key. When I heard this, I was immediately taken back because my right convenience key is for composing and my left is for QL. So without one of those, I am concerned how much productivity/time I will lose.

Finally, I am a HUGH calendar freak (6 calendars); thus I am a VERY heavy organized/calendar/email end user.

Therefore, I wanted your professional thoughts.

Thank you ALL in advance,
    Last edited by Judson50; 09-05-11 at 05:27 PM.
    09-05-11 05:07 PM
    All depends both are the same one has a physical keyboard. I left android because of the keyboard !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-05-11 06:20 PM
    I think for your needs, the 9810 is the best solution.

You said you didn't like the 9810's keyboard so maybe try out the touch only 9860.

As for my opinion, my girl has a torch and I have a 9650 bold... the keyboards aren't that different and having said that, I love my keyboard and I love her keyboard.

Wait for the 9900 if you still aren't sure and compare the three.
    09-05-11 06:40 PM
    I have a 9810, and I really think you should try that, I bought for the same reasons you are stating, a larger screen for web browsing, and you still get a hardware keyboard. Yes it is smaller than the 9800, but it is the same size as the Curves and Tours and Bolds after the 9000, and it really doesn't take more than a couple days to learn to use the slider keyboard. I've tried to use the virtual keyboard and even in landscape it is not for me. So I really think you should try a Torch out, and if you really dislike the keyboard you will know well before the try period is over.

CS
    09-05-11 07:11 PM
    the 9860 wouldn't be a good choice for you because you want a physical keyboard for that emailing.9900 wouldn't be good for you either since it lacks screen real estate.the 9810 is the best of both worlds.you get your large screen and a decent physical keyboard to type out emails.web browsing will be fun with 9810's larger screen.it will be a great upgrade from your 9700.im ready to upgrade as well.but for me,my needs are different from yours.
    09-05-11 07:50 PM
    While I like the large screen on my torch for web browsing and docs to go, I find that having the keyboard hidden is a huge minus. As your a big keyboard user, I think you'll be disappointed.

At least for me, the benefits of the larger screen are outweighed by the loss of productivity from not having the keyboard always available. If it had been touchscreen only, I'd have gone back to my old phone within a week.

(I know it doesn't seem like a big deal to slide the keyboard out, but it really does feel like I've lost something significant. YMMV)

For me, I'd go with the 9900 if my purposefully unnamed carrier would sell me one before November. The keyboard is just that important.

Though I have to agree with the other posters here, if you just can't give up either one, the Torch is the way to go. It's still a compromise (from my perspective) but it seems like one you'd be willing to live with. For what it's worth, you do get used to the torch slide-out keyboard, I hated it at first, but I adapted quickly. Rumor has it that the 9810 has a greatly improved keyboard over the 9800, for what that's worth.
    09-05-11 08:50 PM
    if you like an AIO device (all in one), the 9900 is key. If you'd like all touch, 9860/9850 (I forgot which is CDMA)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 09:10 PM
    I'd say 9930. If money is no object, get the 9930 and the playbook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 11:05 PM
    I would go with 9900 but maybe you should wait for the 9790
    09-06-11 01:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD