Good Evening Crackberry Forum Surfers

I am a current BB Pearl User, and am looking to upgrade my phone, I have narrowed it down to the BB Bold, the Iphone 3G S / BB Storm or BB Tour. I need help from the user community to help me with my decision. Here are my personal requirements:

I am looking for a phone that can primarily be used for my work and personal e-mail and messaging, and also be a reasonably good media device. I personally am favoring the BB Bold at the moment, I just think its a gorgous phone I love how the new OS works, and the screen is gorgous, and it is generous in size for a phone with a full keyboard.

My Major questions lie around, when is the Blackberry Bold 2 coming/ Or it's next evolution? The bold is my phone of choice, my a better camera would be nice? Any idea when we can see a Bold 2? Is the Onyx supposed to be the Bold's evolution? Will it be this year? I realy like how wide the bold's screen is.

Cheers
    07-14-09 09:15 PM
    Tour, it is the only way to go. iphone is a toy(my opinion), tour is the latest and the greatest. If you are going to upgrade, get the best.
    07-14-09 09:24 PM
    I'm a bit biased at this point but I'd say go with the bold. If you're coming from a BB it might be good to stick with one.

I know the Tour is a great device and similar enough to the Bold, just a bit smaller with more memory and supposedly a better camera. I was supposed to get one but VZW screwed me and I made the switch to AT&T and the Bold a few days ago and so far could not be happier. It's amazing.

I'm a mac user but could not stand the iPhone oddly enough. Touchscreen is not for me and I just love the way BBs work.

So if you're leaning towards the Bold I say go for it. I can't imagine you being unhappy with it.

Good luck!
    07-14-09 09:25 PM
    I say get the Bold. If you want the best entertainment phone, get the iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 09:28 PM
    Tour, it is the only way to go. iphone is a toy(my opinion), tour is the latest and the greatest. If you are going to upgrade, get the best.
    How is a phone without wifi the greatest? For sure depends on the features you want. I would always want a wifi connection.
    07-14-09 09:30 PM
    How is a phone without wifi the greatest? For sure depends on the features you want. I would always want a wifi connection.
    Ahh and the great wifi debate goes on...lol.

I know what you mean. Like I said I just purchased a Bold recently so I have wifi but I don't have much of a need for it. It all depends on the person's needs.

One thing I can say that's amazing to me coming from a verizon curve is the ability to have voice and data at the same time. May not be new to some people, but the fact that I can put a call on speaker and send/receive texts, BBMs, emails and surf the web while on the phone is a huge plus.

I agree the Tour and Bold are probably your best bets. Just do some research on these forums and you'll find all the info you need. Both the Tour and the Bold are great phones depending on what your priorities are.
    07-14-09 09:38 PM
    One of the reasons I am still leaning bold over Tour, is the screen size, i KNow its a small amount, but bigger is bigger, and I really love how wide the bold screen is, when is the bold 2 due out? ( or whatever its code name is??)

Second I would prefer Wi-fI
    AND I am in Canada, and would also prefer to be with Rogers then Telus, but its not a deal breaker
    07-14-09 09:41 PM
    ^ And visit the RIM site to do some comparisons, perhaps.

BlackBerry - New BlackBerry PDA Smartphones - New Cell Phones & Smart Phones

Yah, love the wifi. Automatically connects from the moment I get home. Faster than even my very strong 3G connection. Which I also love - the calls/emails/internet multitasking. Awesome.
    07-14-09 09:44 PM
    go to best buy and take a little time and try them all out see which one fits you best make your decision from this experience
    07-15-09 10:34 PM
    I got a Bold because I wanted Wi-Fi. If you want a BB now, I suggest getting the Bold. A Tour with Wi-Fi will not be available until next year.

07-15-09 10:39 PM
    I say get the Bold if you need the WiFi, or the Tour. Personally I like the Tour but I have absolutely no need for the WiFi usually.
    07-15-09 10:43 PM
    I just upgraded my phone from curve 8310 to the bold. and all i can say is, "no regret"
    i loovee the bold! amazing phone
    07-15-09 10:45 PM
    The Bold is a bit bigger than the Tour. I find it easier to type on the Bold with the larger keyboard. I would suggest you try out both and see which one is more comfortable for you to type on.

07-15-09 10:46 PM
    I moved from the Curve 8310 to the iPhone 3G. It's amazing how the iPhone wears out on you! Now I'm going in for the Bold, since I do need WiFi.
    BTW, how's the battery on the Bold?
    07-15-09 11:15 PM
    I moved from the Curve 8310 to the iPhone 3G. It's amazing how the iPhone wears out on you! Now I'm going in for the Bold, since I do need WiFi.
    BTW, how's the battery on the Bold?
    I get 12 hours out of the battery with heavy use of email, texting and Web surfing.

07-15-09 11:17 PM
    I get 12 hours out of the battery with heavy use of email, texting and Web surfing.

Yeah, that's about right for me, too...maybe 12-18 hours of off-and-on heavy use.
    07-15-09 11:20 PM
    Based on what you have listed as your primary uses for your device; I would say go with the Bold. You really can't beat the feel of this keyboard; and the phone feels solid in your hand. As a former Iphone user who ditched and went to the Bold, I still feel it was a GREAT decision. My hubby on the otherhand basically just uses his Iphone to surf the web and check weather...he is best served by his Iphone.
    It all depends what you use most on your device.
    I LOVE MY BOLD. Almost too much; I still get the warm and fuzzy's when I see it.
    07-15-09 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD