Hello gods of crackberry!

So my original problem w my bb started when the mouse would periodically stop working. My friend thought he could help and tried fixing it by erasing the current software and replacing it w an older version, but he tripped this proprietary notice that disables me from accessing any part of my bb. Is there anything I can do to salvage my beloved?? I've tried downloading older versions of the software but I can't get past the notice...please help me!! :-(
    07-19-11 08:41 PM
    Exactly what notice are you speaking of?
    07-19-11 09:17 PM
    I think your trackpad took a dump. That's why you are unable to move past the first screen. Try clicking on the enter button on the bottom right of your keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-11 09:19 PM
    @BigBadWulf
    the notice says, "This handheld device includes software that is proproetary and confidentail to Research in Motion Limited ("RIM") and/or its affiliates and suppliers. Except to the extent that RIM is expressly precluded by law from prohibiting you from doing so. YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO REVERSE ENGINEER (INCLUDING BLACK BOW REVERSE ENGINEERING AND PROTOCOL SNIFFING) THIS SOFTWARE OR THE RIM SOFTWARE WITH WHICH IT OPERATES (including firmware, interfaces, protocols and other..."

and my track ball is still broken so i'm unable to scroll down to read the rest and do anything else about it. originally my friend said he'd read that the Bold 9700 has had problems w the trackball freezing up due to the version of the software on it so that is why he was attempting to download an older version to fix the trackball...
    07-19-11 09:34 PM
    That is just the "agreement" that needs to be checked "I Accept" after loading an OS. That is not the issue, since that notice appears on the screen whenever an OS is installed. Since you see it, it means the OS loaded.

Your issue is hardware, not software related. You need to replace the broken trackpad.
    07-19-11 09:42 PM
    Well heck! That's an easy, inexpensive fix. Here's a nice search, with a How-To video at the top, and a bunch for less than $10.

BlackBerry replacement trackpad 9700 - Google Search
    07-19-11 09:42 PM
    As a reminder, it's a trackpad, not a trackball, since there is nothing to remove to clean out :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-11 04:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD