I just got a used 9650, it seems the Lock and Mute buttons don't work The phone has not been pulled as i still see the tamper screw intact, I'm thinking of opening it and seeing if the contacts need to be reseated..

This is really annoying as when the phone is locked there is no way the open it via the keyboard,.. i have the power down then abort.

I can't find any disassemble videos for this phone on YouTube, can anybody point me to one or indicate if you have this same problem and how you fixed it...
    Last edited by AwJm; 05-04-11 at 09:47 PM.
    05-04-11 09:24 PM
    OK, this is strange, the mute button works when playing a song or a video, but it pauses the song or video ??
    05-04-11 10:29 PM
    Nobody, Somebody, Anybody ?????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-11 08:25 AM
    Well, a used phone might have problems which is why it was sold??

You might want to explain again. The lock or standby button is the upper left. The mute is the upper right. If you have an older BB, those functions might have been changed from what I recall.

There's a key combination that unlocks. * and something. The upper left is slightly different, I believe.

What is the mute button doing or not doing - it works for music, you say.

There are dissection videos for the Bold (9650). But be careful, those mute/lock buttons or the piece at the top has some tabs that can easily be broken from what I've read and seen. Doubly sticky tape or similar.
    05-05-11 09:27 AM
    What OS is it using. The lock does not work with OS6 it is an known issue however the standby should be working.
    05-05-11 09:46 AM
    Even in OS5 The lock button was not working, upgrading to OS6 and same issue,.. I have to enable password and set password lock to the left convenience key, that way when i hit it the phone locks and then i can open it back by putting a password.

So i guess we have to wait for a newer build of 0s6 that will fix the lock button issue ??
    05-05-11 10:05 AM
    I found on both OS5 and OS6 that the lock button on the upper left of the phone will lock the keypad, but not provide the password lock (if you have the password lock active).

A bit annoying when you use the password functionality.

When I built my theme, I put an icon on the home screen that gives the password lock (replaced the universal search icon):
    05-06-11 07:04 AM
    Seems it's an issue with Hardware then, as the button never worked in os5 for me..
    05-06-11 09:27 AM
    My 9650 top buttons don't work some times, i just lightly tap the top of the phone on a nightstand or table. They always start working after that. Remember this can damage your phone is done to hard, I do it because it always works for me.
    05-06-11 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD