The lock button on the top of the phone doesn't click anymore when I press it, is there any way to fix it? Now I have to push it harder for it to unlock/lock. When I just got the phone, it was so snappy and made that cool little clicking noise.
    07-16-11 07:28 AM
    The lock button on the top of the phone doesn't click anymore when I press it, is there any way to fix it? Now I have to push it harder for it to unlock/lock. When I just got the phone, it was so snappy and made that cool little clicking noise.
    Use your insurance and get a refurb?
    Gonna cost you 99 bucks. I think you are stuck with it unfortunately.
    07-16-11 08:06 AM
    Use your insurance and get a refurb?
    Gonna cost you 99 bucks. I think you are stuck with it unfortunately.
    That's what I was worried about. My friend said he fixed his, but I didn't believe him.
    07-16-11 08:07 AM
    Unless there are videos on you tube about taking the phone apart, I dunno. Ask your friend what he did. Maybe there is a way. I never fiddle with the hardware on my phone so I am not a good one to ask about that. I would just call VZW and ask what you could do. But check vids on youtube and see if there is one on repairing this problem just to be sure.
    07-16-11 08:10 AM
    Underneath both the lock and mute buttons are little rubber "dots" adhered to the inside plastic which fill the gap and cushion the "click". It's quite possible it has fallen out of place, forcing you to have to push the lock button harder to reach the actual button inside. It's actually quite easy to use your fingernails to gently pry the top plate off the phone (see youtube disassembly vids) to superglue the little dot back in place. Be careful not to break the tabs that help hold the top plate in its place. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-11 09:46 AM
    There is a place in NYC called "fixyourberry" (7th ave) and they fix only Blackberry phones while you wait. Go to the website for prices .....fixyourberry.com
    07-16-11 09:49 AM
    Very informative topic. I'll take better note of how I press my lock key, paying attention, being careful, etc. Lately I've been pressing the "A" key to standby and lock key to unlock. Less wear and tear maybe ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-11 10:40 AM
    Happened to me as well. I took off the top plate and turns out there was all this crap underneath the lock button so I cleaned it out and put the plate back on. Works perfectly now. Just be careful because the plate is poorly held together to the phone so you can snap the clips that keep it on the phone pretty easily.
    07-16-11 11:20 AM
    There is a place in NYC called "fixyourberry" (7th ave) and they fix only Blackberry phones while you wait. Go to the website for prices .....fixyourberry.com
    I checked out the site. This is a fantastic service, and I hope it's successful. It would seem that in a city that big it would be no problem. And I certainly wouldn't hesitate to take a day trip to NYC to take advantage of on-the-spot, while-you-wait repair. The prices look great for walk-in service, too! Yes, I have insurance, and turnaround for that is usually pretty quick (one or two days), but I might rather pay someone to replace a trackpad than have to accept a refurbished device, especially when the repair sounds quick and easy for a qualified repair person.

I'd love to see more stuff like this available across the board. When I want something done, I don't want to be dealing with the post office, UPS, and end up in the queue of some artisan's waiting list. In addition to BlackBerry, I'm also into fountain pens. Some sought-after repair people are well known for not doing anything on the spot. It's always mail it in, put it in the queue, and wait months. I contacted one of them and asked if I could take a ride from Rhode Island to his place in a nearby state (still three hours away for me), at a time convenient for him, to get a pen repaired, and the answer was no way. Mail it in and wait. It irritated me, so I said screw it. I mean what's the big deal? Someone's willing to show up, but he can't be accommodated as a walk-in? And I've seen them do these repairs and adjustments at pen shows. It doesn't take long -- usually under fifteen minutes. Besides it's not like people from all over the country are going to start showing up just because one or even ten per year do. Okay, anyone can do business any way he wants, that's fine, but I won't ever buy something from this guy, use one of his services, or recommend him to anyone no matter how good he is and even if many other people do. I don't care to deal with rigid and inflexible people in business. The point of this story: I'll always appreciate the availability of brick-and-mortar service.
    07-16-11 12:27 PM
    Glad I could be of some assistance. I too, don't care to deal with the PO if I don't have to. I go into the "city" once a month and this service was right up my alley. I don't care for a "refurbished" phone with a $99 charge because the carriers have become lazy when it comes to repair, but yet I pay Asurion for repair and loss protection . They should lower the monthly rate because they don't repair $&��
    07-16-11 02:29 PM
    After a lot of use, the button sometimes becomes easier to press. This happens with all buttons though, whether it be a computer mouse, cell phone key, remote control button, ect. If it becomes too much of a hassle, and is almost unuseable, I can't see them not replacing it for you.
    07-21-11 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD