Sorry but I'm in desperate need here! I have been trying to upgrade my OS from stock to .439, after downloading I installed it, deleted vendor file, ran loader however it only asked me about apps to keep then it finished.
    Using desktopmanager I went to update and it said no new updates were available other than the stock OS. Did I make a mistake somewhere? Any tips/help would greatly be appreciated sorry for the noobness.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-16-11 11:14 PM
    theres a million threads about this all over the forums. there is apparently sometimes now a second vendor file. do a search of the folder to see if its there.
    10-16-11 11:22 PM
    Thank you! I've been reading the forums I never saw that, I'll take a look thanks again! (Hope that's the problem!)

10-16-11 11:27 PM
    I looked through the folder found another xml format file and deleted restarted the computer and ran the loader again. But to no luck, nothing happened again, same outcome as before..... would you be able to give me the link as to where there's a 2nd vendor file?
    10-16-11 11:52 PM
    i dont know where it is, ive never come across one. only some people claim to have seen one.
    10-16-11 11:54 PM
    Ok so I've exhausted every way I know how and have read about and still cannot figure out why I can't upgrade my OS. I even tried downloading BBSAK however when I try to upgrade it says no upgrade available and to install the upgrade first which I already have downloaded.
    Anyone out there able to help me out please?!?! Dying here!!!
    10-17-11 03:51 AM
    Silly question. Did you make absolutely sure that the OS you downloaded and installed on your PC was for your BlackBerry phone model? I ask this because each phone model has its own OS. You cannot install a 9930 OS on your 9900.

This may sound stupid but pleae do not get annoyed as it is a fairly common mistake to be made. I know several people (allright, me included - duh) who have done this.
    Last edited by 4Q2; 10-17-11 at 04:11 AM.
    10-17-11 04:06 AM
    No worries ty for asking but yes I downloaded it from the sticky @ the top of the forums, the .439 from Wind =).
    10-17-11 05:00 AM
    No worries ty for asking but yes I downloaded it from the sticky @ the top of the forums, the .439 from Wind =).
    In that case, I woudl try to download a different version of your OS, preferrably directly from the official RIM download site here BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

Please make sure (I am sure that you will) that you download the correct OS for your phone.

Install this on your PC after deleting the other, already installed OS, this will give you a completely clean installation.

Try again.

Please come back here if you are still stuck.
    10-17-11 01:11 PM
    By deleting the previous downloaded OS does that mean clearing the entire apploader folder? If not where or what do I delete entirely before downloading the OS again?

10-17-11 03:13 PM
    By deleting the previous downloaded OS does that mean clearing the entire apploader folder? If not where or what do I delete entirely before downloading the OS again?

The OS is installed as a Windows application. It should be uninstalled via Control Panel.

BlackBerry OSs are very odd applications. They install normally but don't actually DO anything. This makes it very confusing for folk like you who, as you said, do not know what to uninstall.
    10-17-11 03:16 PM
    There may have hidden "vendor.xml" also need to be deleted. If you are using Win Vista / 7, check if there is a copy of "vendor.xml" under "C:\Users\<UserID>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\"
    Pete6#WP likes this.
    10-17-11 11:12 PM
    There may have hidden "vendor.xml" also need to be deleted. If you are using Win Vista / 7, check if there is a copy of "vendor.xml" under "C:\Users\<UserID>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\"
    A good tip, thank you. Many have aluded to the presence of a second copy of Vendor.xml but this is the first time that I have seen a file location for it.

I run Windows 7 x64 and this 2nd copy of Vendor.xml was right where you said it would be even AFTER I had deleted all the OSs from my PC.

Against this, I never went looking for this 2nd copy and was able to upgrade my OS using a leaked beta OS.

It is still useful to know where it lurks though and is still worth deleting, imo.
    10-18-11 03:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD