Wondering if someone can help me out. For whatever reason my bold will not load through conventional route of desktop manager or apploader. I found this out the hard way after wiping device! So now I am stuck with a bold with no way of loading an OS. I have made some headway however. Javaloader can access bold and load cod files and cfp.exe works as well. I loaded successfully all of the cod files from the 4.6 os and how now got the phone to display the app 200 error instead of 507 error. My question is. Has anyone successfully loaded an operating system using javaloader only? If so please shed some light on how to successfully do this. Any help is appreciated.
    06-29-09 11:32 AM
    The problem with loading the traditional way is that when the process gets to "uploading ram image" the bars scrolls across, the phone turns off and never comes back on.
    06-30-09 10:46 AM
    Delete all device software from your computer and reboot. Re-download the software and use the loader file.
    06-30-09 10:49 AM
    thanks Relic, although I am sure I have tried it, I will give it a go. This phone is directly from RIM. Is it possible that it has a rom lock or something that only allows RIM updates? I have been trying this for weeks with no success.
    06-30-09 10:53 AM
    I remember a couple of people that had the test and pre-release units and they would not update.
    06-30-09 10:55 AM
    I am thinking I have one of those! Did you ever hear of any work around other than holding paper on your desk from blowing away?
    06-30-09 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD