Sad news....I chickened out. I got offered $650 for my iPhone and couldn't do it. I think I just like it too much. I definitely want a BB again, but I don't want to get rid of my iPhone 3G, so the g/f said she'd get me a Bold for Christmas. Think they'll go on sale for Christmas? haha
    09-07-08 09:22 PM
    Sad news....I chickened out. I got offered $650 for my iPhone and couldn't do it. I think I just like it too much. I definitely want a BB again, but I don't want to get rid of my iPhone 3G, so the g/f said she'd get me a Bold for Christmas. Think they'll go on sale for Christmas? haha

lol
    you have the sickness now!
    09-07-08 09:26 PM
    lol
    you have the sickness now!
    Ha, or I'd have to use my Grandpa's 4 yr old Moto flip phone until whenever AT&T decided to release the Bold.

I just don't feel comfortable acting on anything yet until I at least see the prices on the thing and actually have a Bold in my hand, ya know?

I don't want to sell a phone I like (my iPhone, when it doesn't freeze up). And get a phone I don't like. i'm sure I'll like the Bold, but I'd rather play with one and not have to use a dinosaur phone for the next month, haha

I'll pick up a Bold either way (and it will become my primary phone most likely, haha) but I just have this feeling I should wait on selling the iphone.
    09-08-08 10:10 AM
    I am in the same boat, I have the iPhone 3G and want a Bold, but I just can't part ways with it just yet.

Decisions Decisions
    09-08-08 01:01 PM
    Does anyone know if I can go into my local AT&T store and have them order/hold one for me? Or are they not allowed to do that?
    09-08-08 01:28 PM
    Does anyone know if I can go into my local AT&T store and have them order/hold one for me? Or are they not allowed to do that?
    going to wait for release date like everyone else. If you have extra cash you could always buy one off eBay.
    09-08-08 01:52 PM
    had a curve broke it and decided to get the iphone. I've had the iphone for like 8 months now and i'm over it. Willing to sell it for a good price if anyone is interested. i want the bold!!!!
    09-08-08 02:13 PM
    Found this on crn.com

"BlackBerry Gets Bold

Probably the most coveted of all BlackBerry models, the BlackBerry Bold 9000 was announced with a great deal of fanfare on May 12, 2008. While it likely won't be available in the United States until October, the Bold has already received high praise and rave reviews and has been officially released in some international locations, such as Australia, Canada and Malaysia."

Rave reviews? I'm an optimist and after the JS issues I'm not touching one untl there's an update... ANd I like how they say, "it won't LIKELY be available until October...."
    09-08-08 04:11 PM
    going to wait for release date like everyone else. If you have extra cash you could always buy one off eBay.
    I don't mean tha I want one early, I just want to guarantee myself one on the release date.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 04:32 PM
    I am in the same boat, I have the iPhone 3G and want a Bold, but I just can't part ways with it just yet.

Decisions Decisions
    Being an accounting/finance person, having a phone addiction is hard to justify for me. I debate for months sometimes and argue with myself haha

I got the iPhone 3G on launch day. It has only been 2 months with this phone. The money-minded me can't see selling it yet or that I got my money's worth, even though I KNOW I'll get more than I paid for it (299).

I do really want a Bold, but I feel like I need more time with my iPhone 3G first, and I want to actually HOLD a Bold, and mess with one, then see the reviews come in for the AT&T one before I jump.

I'm tired of being a beta tester for phones. I'm gonna try and fall behind a little bit this time.
    09-08-08 08:46 PM
    I don't mean tha I want one early, I just want to guarantee myself one on the release date.

Im sure its not going to sell out like iphones.
    09-08-08 08:48 PM
    Hello want to give you my story for what it is worth.

I have a BlackBerry 8800 that I had with T-Mobile when I lived in Florida. When we moved back to Georgia in June my signal was awful and my wife and kids wanted the new Iphone (Which I don't like for the record or will I like the touch screen Blackberry, I love the keyboard) so decided I was going to At&t. As the story goes a friend of a friend of a friend ok actually it isn't that bad. My brother-in-law's mother works at one of the busiest At&t here in Atlanta and he tells me has the hook up. I call her about a week after the Iphone comes out and tell her I need 3 she said no probably come get them tomorrow but I can't give you a discount which I wasn't looking for one just the phones and a new BlackBerry 8820 because I wanted the wi-fi again no problem she says. That night I find this great website and I visit everyday and read about the Bold and wanted one. So I got the Iphones even when people were waiting weeks and she said everything like this board with the holds and such. Also another friend needed a new phone that listed for 199 and no rebates and she gave it to my friend for 99 with a 100 rebate so basically for free so she does hook me up.

Anyway two weeks ago while brushing my teeth I dropped my phone and it got wet and the TYUGHJVBN don't work anymore so I have been reading this daily to get the update as I REALLY need a new BlackBerry. I was going to buy a used 8820 until it came in but really stupid. Then I like the Red curve but again stupid as she can't cancel contracts so I am torn.

Anyway the reason I posted all of that and in this forum is I called her today and she said she didn't want to give me a false sense of security but they were supposed to be in September 5th and should be in any day. I told her what was on this board and she said could be the 24th and I read again on this board that you could order the 15th and she said any day. So take this for what it is worth and I can only hope she is right because I need a new BlackBerry. Is there a picture of the Bold with the 88XX seriers so I can compare size or is it close to the curve which I hope not.

Thanks
    09-08-08 08:58 PM
    Over in the javelin threads there are comparison pics with the bold. The javelin is the size of a curve. The bold is bulkier but people love it.

09-08-08 10:02 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD