Looks like October 2nd may be right, but if you have a dumb sales rep at a store, you may be able to get out with one a little earlier...

Still not confirmed but BGR always seems to be pretty on par...

BlackBerry Bold / AT&T update! : Boy Genius Report
    09-05-08 07:07 PM
    Very cool.

Cant wait!!
    09-05-08 07:11 PM
    Sweet!!! Thanks!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-08 07:13 PM
    I finally decided what I'm going to do. I was torn with parting with my iPhone 3G for the multimedia capabilities and the storage space, but I can't deal with a non-stable phone and I really miss PIN and BBM and all the other cool bb features.

So....sell the iPhone 3G, pick up a Bold when it comes out, then ask the girlfriend for an 8 or 16 GB iPod touch for Christmas. (Heck, or maybe even a 60GB classic)..

What do you guys think?

( didn't want to start a new thread )
    09-05-08 07:18 PM
    Sounds good to me...I think I want an ipod touch myself....hmmmmm

09-05-08 07:24 PM
    Ipod touch's are the sexiest things, but the price for only 8gbs is ridiculous. I'd go with the classic unless you can find a touch for a better price somewhere else than apple. I got my 80gb classic for 249$, compare that to the touch =X
    09-05-08 08:23 PM
    I busted a nut a little.

09-05-08 09:36 PM
    Ipod touch's are the sexiest things, but the price for only 8gbs is ridiculous. I'd go with the classic unless you can find a touch for a better price somewhere else than apple. I got my 80gb classic for 249$, compare that to the touch =X
    I'm kind of counting on them dropping the prices. They have some kind of keynote this coming week and September is always iPod month and a lot of people are speculating they are going to drop the prices to be inline with the iPhone 3G, so that would make a 16GB touch around 299 or less? That would be okay.

But if they DON'T drop prices, I'll just go w/ the classic.

The only reason I really want the touch is because I want to still be able to use all the apps that I bought on the app store. With the touch I can, but I don't think the classics support apps as you need 2.0 software on the device.

But either way - I seriously can't wait to be a crackberry user again, haha
    Last edited by amkls704; 09-05-08 at 09:51 PM.
    09-05-08 09:49 PM
    Finally crap. Now I'm just gonna play Socom beta until launch day.

09-05-08 10:47 PM
    After a ipod touch myself the are awsome!! But as you say the price is currently shocking, the bold is AWSOME but don't ever think it would be my full time music device
    09-06-08 12:55 AM
    After a ipod touch myself the are awsome!! But as you say the price is currently shocking, the bold is AWSOME but don't ever think it would be my full time music device

Yeah agreed. After having an iPhone you get spoiled w/ music and movies, and I just don't think I could part w/ that. That way you don't ever really have to buy more storage for the Bold. I think 1 GB will probably be more than sufficient for what apps I need to download.
    09-06-08 11:00 AM
    For what it is worth -- I just called my local AT&T store and the sales rep said they are expecting to receive the Bolds next week.

He said that is not carved in stone.

I think based on all the info out there, plus what the store employees are saying, it's safe to say that we will all be seeing the release fairly soon.

I sure hope so because right now my old cheapo Samsung is literally falling apart and the flip phone part of it is dangling by a wire.

Come on BOLD....

I am a Blackberry virgin so I know I will be on the learning curve for the first few days and weeks. But I cannot WAIT to get this phone in my hands!
    09-06-08 12:00 PM
    Its being up for sale by one of the fone companies where I live and next week the other fone company is having it for sale.

09-06-08 12:22 PM
    Everytime I try to get a quote on that trade up your blackberry site it freezes. = (

Me likey da bold but all the javelin guys come over here and ruin our fun. I'm starting to think I want one of them.

09-06-08 12:27 PM
    I am frustrated of how ATT has made their customers wait so long for the bold. Hey countries like Jamaica and others get this device before we do? Give me a break. You have give hands up to Rogers of how they stood by their release date. ATT store employees are the worst!!! I currently have blackberry pearl 8100.But I am looking to sell it. My contract doesn't expire till next april. But I want the bold. I guess I will have to pay the retail price. Does anyone have a hunch about what the retail price may be for ATT?
    09-06-08 06:21 PM
    why don't you try craigslist.com if you buy stuff from there PLEASE deal locally, don't send any money to no where.
    09-07-08 02:11 AM
    why don't you try craigslist.com if you buy stuff from there PLEASE deal locally, don't send any money to no where.

I considered this as well.

I would advise anyone that's in the market for an iPod right now to wait though. They've got that keynote this week and Sept is iPod month, so I'd see if the prices drop or what they release that's new before you go and pick an old one up, unless you don't really care, that is.

I just have a feeling they are going to drop the prices seeing as an iPhone costs less than a Touch now.

I just wish the Bold would hurry up!!!
    09-07-08 08:53 AM
    I considered this as well.

I would advise anyone that's in the market for an iPod right now to wait though. They've got that keynote this week and Sept is iPod month, so I'd see if the prices drop or what they release that's new before you go and pick an old one up, unless you don't really care, that is.

I just have a feeling they are going to drop the prices seeing as an iPhone costs less than a Touch now.

I just wish the Bold would hurry up!!!
    Yeah I wish ATT would hurry up as well lol can't wait to get my hands on the Bold.
    09-07-08 11:53 AM
    After Apples "Let's Rock" event on September 9th, the price of the iPod Touch will be lowered to compete with the iPhone pricing.
    09-07-08 11:58 AM
    After Apples "Let's Rock" event on September 9th, the price of the iPod Touch will be lowered to compete with the iPhone pricing.
    Sweet. Looks like I'm in luck
    09-07-08 12:18 PM
    I check my local craigslist and have found a few Bolds. Every one I have found has cost more than 1100.00!
    09-07-08 01:13 PM
    can't wait =) looks like i found you amkls704.
    09-07-08 01:45 PM
    This would be nice but we'll wait and see. I already have my skin for the BOLD.
    09-07-08 02:21 PM
    can't wait =) looks like i found you amkls704.

AH I have HoFo stalkers! haha kidding.

yes yes you have. I have decided to go back to being a crackberry addict. i knew it was just a matter of time.
    09-07-08 02:52 PM
    ...*mouth waters.
    09-07-08 03:33 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD