Sorry for a potentially stupid question but I have searched this site and cannot find a clear answer to something.

How can I be sure that I have no applications open by mistake (e.g. a browser session lurking in the background somewhere)?

For clarity, not interested in the list of installed applications, just whats currently running (and potentially using memory)?
    07-01-09 06:36 AM
    Hold down the menu button.
    07-01-09 06:40 AM
    To check what's running: Press and hold ALT while pressing the back arrow button (depending on your OS, you could also just press and hold the BB/menu button to achieve the same thing).

To fully close out of apps press the BB/menu button > navigate to and select Close. Also, most apps will allow you to fully close out by pressing and holding the back arrow button.

Keep in mind that Home Screen, Messages, Phone, BlackBerry Messenger, Browser and Visual Voice Mail (depending on your OS) will always appear open even if fully closed out of.
    07-01-09 06:40 AM
    Keep in mind that Home Screen, Messages, Phone, BlackBerry Messenger, Browser and Visual Voice Mail (depending on your OS) will always appear open even if fully closed out of.
    That was what was confusing me - I kept getting these options in the list so i assumed i still had a browser open somehow.

All solved now, thanks!!
    07-01-09 07:33 AM
    Not a stupid question at all, at least you searched first. Welcome
    07-01-09 12:35 PM
    how do I take off the visual voice app?
    07-03-09 10:22 AM
    This works as well...

1) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\ and find the file 'net_rim_bb_vmm'.

2) Use notepad to edit net_rim_bb_vmm. Find and change "required" from true to false. This will allow vmm to be uncheck and unselected instead of forced in the install or upgrade process.

3) Save the file - VISTA USERS PLEASE NOTE: If you have trouble saving the file from notepad, save it to the desktop and then manually move it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\

4) Start Desktop manager

5) Connect Bold

6) Go to Apploader - use Add/Remove Programs

7) uncheck the Visual Voice Mail box

8) proceed with updating
    07-03-09 10:31 AM
    For every 'stupid question' there are others, who didn't ask, waiting to hear the answer
    07-03-09 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD