Ok for some reason everytime I go to use opera mini or the bolt browser it keeps asking would I like to allow this app to use a low level connection? I went into the security options and application settings and set it all to allow. It still does it. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 08:56 PM
    Hmmmm... Haven't seen that before. Don't have opera but I have bolt and all it asks is "the application bolt is trying to access blah blah will you allow this". Has it always asked this for you, or is it something new?

08-09-09 10:01 PM
    Hmmmm... Haven't seen that before. Don't have opera but I have bolt and all it asks is "the application bolt is trying to access blah blah will you allow this". Has it always asked this for you, or is it something new?

Ya. They both ask me everytime I open each application. Is there a way to get that message to stop everytime yoy open bolt or opera mini?

08-09-09 10:06 PM
    Negative. It is because of RIM's security lockdown on all BB. Since it is not a native browser it will ask you each time when you first pull up bolt/opera. No way around it.

08-09-09 10:12 PM
    Ok well bummer. But thanks for getting back to me so fast.

08-09-09 10:17 PM
    No problem. Glad I could be of assistance.

08-09-09 10:26 PM
    I've been told by a friend that the Skyfire browser won't ask permission to access it each time. Hopefully we'll get it soon.
    08-10-09 12:06 AM
    Glad to hear that Skyfire wont ask for it, this is one of the main reasons I don't use Opera.
    08-10-09 01:14 AM
    Glad to hear that Skyfire wont ask for it, this is one of the main reasons I don't use Opera.
    I know that skyfire was leaked earlier and the servers shut down or something like that. But when will it be released?

08-10-09 12:13 PM
    No word on the release (or even if testing has resumed)

I love opera, and have learn to live with the notification thingy. However, for those of you who hate it, i've noticed that even while letting opera run in the background, it doesn't take a bad effect on my memory. So if you don't like the msg, let it run
    08-10-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD