I just got my Blackberry Bold from here in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It's great but the 'Z' and 'Y' are the wrong way on they keyboard so instead of QWERTY it reads QWERTZ. Not a huge problem but am I the only one??

Also, the 'E' is very sensitive so I have to delete all the time and the 'T' is not so I have to press constantly!

Am I the only one with these things????
    06-28-09 03:44 AM
    QWERTZ is German style....
    06-28-09 03:53 AM
    Hi there,

Now what you got there is a german version of the Bold, that's why the letters y and z are on the wrong position for you. Unfortunately, there is no way to re-map the keys. Not that I know of in any case. But with time you get used to it: I have bought my Bold in the Netherlands which also has QWERTY but I am Austrian and used to QWERTZ keyboards. Took me nearly a month of intensive typing though.

About Key sensitivity: no, I can't confirm that any one Key on my 9000 is more or less sensitive than the other. Maybe they can fix it up for you at a service center?

Greetings from Zeeland,

PSEArcher

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 03:54 AM
    Thank you SO much - now it makes complete sense as it came with a German handbook (with no translation!). Yep, I am getting used to it but I will check out the key sensitivity as a separate issue.

Brilliant site, thanks again

x
    06-28-09 04:27 AM
    you can buy a different keyboard which would be useful if there was someway of remapping the keys
    06-28-09 07:24 AM
    Thanks David - don't think I'll worry too much about that (we are talking Dubai service and it's not the greatest!)

Just got to see about the sensitive keys now and then I'll be sorted. Never thought I'd see the day when I loved a Blackberry!
    06-28-09 09:56 AM
    Hey, I have a small issue with my bold too. Maybe because I didn't exactly buy it brand new..but slightly used from this guy. I didn't know there was anything wrong with it until I started typing on it. My "O" is overly sensitive...it doesn't even "click" when I press on it. The "O" is so sensitive that the letters "I" and "P" may sometimes trigger the "O" ! I've mastered my bold that I can type anything without letting the "O" bother me. I've accepted my bold's imperfections and we both get along very well, hahaha. I'm sure I can get it fixed at a service center like somebody said...any idea how much they would charge for a small issue like this ? ?
    Last edited by filmusikat; 06-28-09 at 11:04 AM. Reason: forgot a word
    06-28-09 11:00 AM
    if it is under warranty they should fix it for free - depends how old it is etc - would look into it
    06-28-09 11:34 AM
    you can buy a different keyboard which would be useful if there was someway of remapping the keys
    There is no way to remap the keys unfortunately.
    06-28-09 11:48 AM
    I don't have any warranty or insurance on this phone. Whatever happens to it is under my expense...hmmm...a new keyboard or the thing under it should fix it. Ill look into it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 12:11 PM
    yeah, i got a refurbished bold and i have to press extra hard on the "k" button otherwise it won't show when i'm texting but i've got that mastered now
    06-29-09 08:02 AM
    I totally know what you mean EyeNeedBBRehab ! ! Let me know when you decide to get that fixed and how much it'll cost ya !
    06-29-09 08:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD