Hi all,

Is this a common problem on bold , all of a sudden the key does do anything?
    No matter what prog I associate it with ,when pressing it clicks normally but nothing

Any ideas?
    Thx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 07:35 PM
    Was for me. Did a warranty exchange. Not worth the hassle of trying to fix.
    06-29-09 07:44 PM
    Actually it's working now so it doesn't seem hardware related... fussed around with it and played with the standby key on top at same time. It looks like my device needs a wipe as it may be software related.

Also ,my memory is low on startup and device seems a bit laggy.

Thanks for your thoughts
    06-29-09 08:16 PM
    Actually it's working now so it doesn't seem hardware related... fussed around with it and played with the standby key on top at same time. It looks like my device needs a wipe as it may be software related.

Also ,my memory is low on startup and device seems a bit laggy.

Thanks for your thoughts
    On a battery pull mines would work fine again too. But after a short while it
    would start to give me trouble. Hopefully that's not the case with you. If it is,
    I recommend getting a warranty exchange.
    06-29-09 08:22 PM
    Try searching. This problem happens a lot. I tightened the screws and my button started working again. Think its worked for a few others too. I'd definitely try that before jumping through the replacement process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 08:40 PM
    My left side convenience key is not working either.

I've had my bold apart a few times and of course I popped it open to inspect the button on the midplate. There seems to be something wrong with it. I'm pretty sure it is hardware related.

I ordered a new midplate from cnn.cn. would have ordered from dealsishop.com, but it clearly states on dealsishop.com that it is a used part. I contacted cnn.cn and Steve replied right away and confirmed it is new.

Also keep in mind if the screws are not tight enough, the midplate contacts for the buttons will not make a proper contact with the board. Had this problem when I broke a screw, the volume buttons did not work.
    06-29-09 08:40 PM
    Hmm... it's the first time I notice it not working off the bat.
    I'll wait it out a bit more as I have until august for my warranty.

Tighten screws ? , geez are they small
    Last edited by jrmtl; 06-29-09 at 09:04 PM.
    06-29-09 09:01 PM
    I would remove the battery cover and battery and the 6 torq screws. Make sure the black mid-plate is in the correct place and re-tighten the screws. Try that.
    06-29-09 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD