So much happier, battery life a little less but after 7 9700s I thought it was time plus its gonna get the the 2.2 update here in june

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-10 04:02 PM
    Why are you posting this here? Good bye.

05-24-10 04:24 PM
    Why are you posting this here? Good bye.

I'm glad he/she posted. I'm curious about user experience of another phone from the point of view of having been a user of the BB 9700.

Does that answer your question?
    05-24-10 04:50 PM
    What he said.
    05-24-10 04:54 PM
    Its one thing to put a point of view, but the OP didnt even say why the cliq is so much better. Please inform use just incase some are going to be making a decision between these 2 phones
    05-24-10 05:29 PM
    If you're gonna get an android phone, u should have gotten something better that the cliq...

05-24-10 05:35 PM
    I had considered going to an Android... But with all of the privacy issues with Google, I'll refrain.

05-24-10 06:31 PM
    Some of my friends have the cliq, not one of them like it. I had the G1 which by today's standers is a crap android and even that G1 runs rings around there cliqs. I wonder why op likes it. I thought the phone after playing around with it many times was crap.

OP why do you like it?
    05-24-10 06:39 PM
    One of my good friends has the cliq. He likes it. It's a fun phone, there is nothing wrong with someone choosing something else. He likes my 9700 too. It's all good.
    05-24-10 06:45 PM
    Interesting..... My partner has a cliq xt and she loves it, I tried and I'm not fond of it. She tired my 9700 and she doesn't like it but everyone has their preference.

05-24-10 06:54 PM
    I have been a blackberry fan for years now but have to say I am really liking the android platform. I have both a 9700 and a motorola droid (milestone) on at&t and love the droid. Its fast, the browser is really good, battery life is comparably to daily usage with the 9700. I definately love it WAY more than my old iphone. Looking forward to seeing what android 2.2 has instore.

Even tho I like the droid I dont see me giving up my bb anytime soon.
    05-24-10 07:09 PM
    7 9700?
    05-24-10 08:12 PM
    True I shouldn't have posted that in here but its my experience with the 9700 should be known. I forgot why I left for the cliq. I love the hardware on it and it is fast and its going to get the new 2.2 froyo system! Capitan Totti yes 7, 4 for different operating difficulties, 2 for track pad being loose and 1 where the top(lock and mute) didnt work
    05-24-10 08:51 PM
    I had considered going to an Android... But with all of the privacy issues with Google, I'll refrain.

what he said
    05-24-10 10:32 PM
    Hmm this is interesting. I've heard bad things about the CLIQ so I'm a little surprised to see someone would go over to it from the Bold and be happy. I guess there are stranger things though...

I'm interested to see how you will feel about the CLIQ in a month or so once the "newness" factor is gone.
    05-24-10 11:09 PM
    If im leaving BB it wouldn't be for the cliq. Nexus One is the only AnDroid phone I'd buy.

05-24-10 11:31 PM
    Hmm this is interesting. I've heard bad things about the CLIQ so I'm a little surprised to see someone would go over to it from the Bold and be happy. I guess there are stranger things though...

I'm interested to see how you will feel about the CLIQ in a month or so once the "newness" factor is gone.
    Great point!

05-24-10 11:45 PM

Right. Cause having all your data stored in RIM's servers is soooo much better.
    05-25-10 12:28 AM
    They couldn't pay me to give me a Cliq over my 9700..took me 14 days to turn my Cliq back in for a 9700 and so glad I did.

Battery life is a big difference...if you were not getting better battery life out of your 9700, then something was wrong..I get 3 days out of my 9700 with heavy usage to where I got half a day on my Cliq.

Only thing the Cliq did better was the browser, but I am only a hair slower on bolt on EDGE to boot, lol!

Oh and apps...which 95% of them are useless anyway.

Bold 2 has so much more IMO...don't feel like I am going to break my BB like I would on my Cliq...just my experience with the two of them..

Glad you like it though...to each their own.

05-25-10 12:45 AM
    NO the bold had way better battery life, but I enjoy the browser on it and to me it seems to have a good build to it. I got a custom case on it and some of the widgets i really enjoy. I still have my 9700 I got the cliq off of eBay for 90 bucks and called t mobile and got a replacement, called Motorola got a replacement battery( since they do that) and its like a brand new phone. so if in the end if i dont like it ill go back
    05-26-10 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD