Hi there !

I recently got a new Bold
    I'm really loving it so far
    This is my first blackberry, I used Palm Treos before

I hope someone could help me regarding a little problem
    My LED stopped working

It's enabled in the coverage option, already did a battery pull...
    Any ideas ?

Thanks !
    10-26-08 09:03 PM
    Your phone might be in bedside mode. Go to the clock and then options, does it say exit bedside mode. If it does turn it off and you will have the LED working again. It happened to me when i first got the bold and now i feel a bit stupid about it, as i was searching everywhere for an answer. Good luck i hoped i helped.
    10-26-08 09:24 PM
    Thanks man !!!
    It was just that !!

I'm feeling stupid alright...
    10-26-08 10:39 PM
    Glad I could help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-08 10:54 PM
    Quick tangent -- is there a way to change the led color? I've seen berry's that light up w/ blue instead of red
    10-27-08 12:12 AM
    It flashed blue when bluetooth is on.
    10-27-08 07:26 AM
    There is a 3rd part app called bbalerts I think which makes the led different colours
    10-27-08 08:18 AM
    FYI it's possible to enable the LED in bedside more in the options. If that's what you want. I personally couldn't stand having the LED flashing next to me whilst I sleep.
    10-27-08 09:11 AM
    Hey Marvin73,

Let me get it right, your LED works fine right? green for signal in range and red for incoming notifications.

Did it stop working after you went into bedside mode and exited the next day?

Well if thats the case , I face the same problem too. I set the bedside option to no LED and then after exiting the LED just does not blink or rather go back to normal.

Temporary what I did is I set the bedside mode to LED flashing then all is good. I guess its a minor buf with the OS. Hope it will be resolved soon

cheers
    10-27-08 02:19 PM
    bedside mode gets another
    10-27-08 02:49 PM
    wow, i love CB. I started freaking out when i realized my led was unresponsive! until i googled and ended up here and yep bedside mode....
    11-24-08 12:32 AM
    had the same problem. thought the led flash got busted. thanks for the fix NintendoLinky.
    09-07-09 11:02 PM
    had the same and it works fine... not becuase we r stupid, it just becuase we r in a hury and didnt think about easiest way!!
    09-08-09 02:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD