ok so I woke up this morning to a bunch of facebook and sms texts. the LED was going crazy. After I read the messages the LED went off and now when every i get a message the LED does nothing. i have berrybuzz 2.0 and ended up removing it thinking it was an app issue. When I do a battery pull and the phone boots up, the regular red LED comes on so i know it isn't physically broken. Do you think I need to reload my os?
    08-01-09 05:27 PM
    ok so I woke up this morning to a bunch of facebook and sms texts. the LED was going crazy. After I read the messages the LED went off and now when every i get a message the LED does nothing. i have berrybuzz 2.0 and ended up removing it thinking it was an app issue. When I do a battery pull and the phone boots up, the regular red LED comes on so i know it isn't physically broken. Do you think I need to reload my os?
    Is the LED set to flash for notifications in your profiles?
    08-01-09 05:30 PM
    no they wern't until I removed berrybuzz and then i put them back to flash. its the weirdest thing, its like my phone did wipe and re-install on its own. my ringtones are back to original blackberry settings. i can't get my LED to come on for anything. have it set to turn on for bluetooth connections and they don't. I also have it set to flash when I have carrier coverage, and it doesn't then either.
    08-01-09 05:34 PM
    And you've checked all the profile settings? Pulled the battery, etc?
    08-01-09 05:44 PM
    yea. the only thing i can think to do is wipe the OS and install it again
    08-01-09 05:45 PM
    Ok, it stopped working and then you removed Berrybuzz? Did you try reinstalling that? Reloading the OS is a PITA
    08-01-09 05:51 PM
    id rather get the LED working before i install berrybuzz
    08-01-09 06:13 PM
    I've got nothing then, sorry. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this?
    08-01-09 06:56 PM
    thats ok ive already begun the os wipe. i just wish I knew what caused it to do this
    08-01-09 07:01 PM
    Yeah, me too. That's strange. GL with the wipe, hope the LED starts working again!
    08-01-09 07:03 PM
    hmm i just wiped the device through the security options on the blackberry and the LED is back
    08-01-09 07:18 PM
    Mine is messing up now too. Any ideas? It seems like it stopped working when I did some maintenance this last weekend (deleting pictures and videos and music).

Now I don't get a flashing red LED when I have an unread message.

I don't exactly understand what "wiping" the device through the security options is, but I'll try that.
    08-03-09 03:28 PM
    the LED annoys me. Some love it but I hate it.
    08-03-09 05:57 PM
    the LED annoys me. Some love it but I hate it.

I also Turn mine off at every chance. Saves juice.
    08-03-09 06:01 PM
    screw saving juice. I have a couple batteries on charge at all times, and I just swap straight out. I love the LED function. That said, mine seems to have started working right again after I did a 'memory' clean up, for the first time ever. I never had that happen before, I wonder if it is at all related to the new 148 op syst. I just installed?

Thanks.
    08-04-09 07:35 AM
    did you check to see if maybe the device was in bedside mode and that's why the led stopped flashing. I know it has happened to quite a few people before.
    08-04-09 07:43 AM
    did you check to see if maybe the device was in bedside mode and that's why the led stopped flashing. I know it has happened to quite a few people before.
    No, that wasn't it. In fact, when I went the the settings and pressed the 'try it' button, sometimes the sound wouldn't work, sometimes the vibrate wouldn't work and usually the LED would work. Oh well, I guess it's working for the time being.
    08-04-09 08:38 AM
    I have notices when I change a lot of stuff on my Bold then do a battery pull it goes back to original settings sometimes it akes a power off or 2 get get back to the programed settings etc..
    08-04-09 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD