Hey, I've had my 9700 for a few days now and its brilliant. But this evening I've noticed the red LED flashing once every 5 seconds or so. Usually this means a text message/bbm/email, right? I've checked these and I don't have any unopened messages or emails.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    07-04-10 07:12 PM
    Color... what color is the LED blinking???

Here is a good reference so you know what it means: Lecture 5: Basic Phone Controls on Your BlackBerry... scroll down to the LED Indicator section.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed you said it was Red.

Blinking RED: The LED indicator blinks red whenever you have incoming/waiting communication messages on your phone - new email, new call/missed call, new BlackBerry Messenger message, new SMS, etc. It is basically impossible to ignore the blinking red light - you'll find yourself having to reach for your BlackBerry no matter what. Welcome to BlackBerry Addiction. As Martha Stewart would say, It's a Good Thing.
    07-04-10 07:32 PM
    If you have Visual Voicemail check your app. Sometimes even after I click and listen I still have to click the app again to clear the message.

And, of course, if all else fails... Battery pull!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-10 08:01 PM
    Thanks guys,

I couldn't find the cause of the blinking so I just did a battery pull. No more blinking
    07-06-10 05:40 PM
    Thanks guys,

I couldn't find the cause of the blinking so I just did a battery pull. No more blinking
    I really did not think I had to talk about a battery pull anymore.... but this goes to prove me wrong again... I guess I'm going to start using that line every time someone has less than 20 postings.
    07-06-10 05:51 PM
    when in doubt, pull it out..................the battery that is.
    07-07-10 03:44 AM
    settings : options: screen/keyboard LED indicator off!
    07-07-10 04:01 AM
    LEDReset app. Works like a charm and it's free.

07-07-10 09:42 AM
    Hey, I've had my 9700 for a few days now and its brilliant. But this evening I've noticed the red LED flashing once every 5 seconds or so. Usually this means a text message/bbm/email, right? I've checked these and I don't have any unopened messages or emails.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Did you check BBAppworld?? I had a random red LED and after checking Emails/SMS etc.. I found there was an update to an App waiting in Appworld... Strange thing, there was no little icon thinngy like I usually got!!!

Never happened again though!

07-07-10 11:45 AM
    Thanks guys,

Battery Pull worked guys/gals... nothing else to look at in this thread... let it die.
    07-07-10 12:12 PM
    Thanks guys,

This is called "smart solution".
    07-07-10 12:15 PM
    Okay guys instead of red, the LED constantly blinks green for me.

07-08-10 08:58 AM

LEDReset does the job of curing non-stop blinking LED's that continue after everything was seen/marked read.

07-08-10 09:13 AM
    Although totally unrelated, your issue has already been covered in this thread...

Options > Screen/Keyboard > LED Coverage Indicator = OFF
    07-08-10 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD