07-22-09 05:44 AM
31 12
tools
    Honestly I believe when you have the Data services off, even off when roaming, it does not allow your WiFi to send/receive data either.

I'm heading to Paris on Monday and am totally planning on taking it along. List of reasons:

Unlocked. Games. Podcasts predownloaded. Movies thanks to SuperDave. TV shows thanks to Bla1ze. Browser on WiFi.

The plan is to keep a PP SIM in there for phone use, and use WiFi for browsing. When I need to get my messages/BBM/browse... Rogers SIM with WiFi only activated for BIS usage.

I failed to unlock my Bold last time and cost my company $800.00 CAD in data usage over 4 weeks in UK & Spain. It pays to be the bosses son! :S
    07-22-09 12:28 AM
    Honestly I believe when you have the Data services off, even off when roaming, it does not allow your WiFi to send/receive data either.

I'm heading to Paris on Monday and am totally planning on taking it along. List of reasons:

Unlocked. Games. Podcasts predownloaded. Movies thanks to SuperDave. TV shows thanks to Bla1ze. Browser on WiFi.

The plan is to keep a PP SIM in there for phone use, and use WiFi for browsing. When I need to get my messages/BBM/browse... Rogers SIM with WiFi only activated for BIS usage.

I failed to unlock my Bold last time and cost my company $800.00 CAD in data usage over 4 weeks in UK & Spain. It pays to be the bosses son! :S
    Can anyone confirm that if you have data services off, wifi won't work either?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 12:32 AM
    You selfish &#%*!@
    how can you go on holiday and not take BB with you?
    07-22-09 02:10 AM
    I take mine when travelling but I suggest you leave yours and take the SE. You're already stressed about it and you haven't taken off yet! You'll be worried about it the entire time you're there so why bother? Enjoy the trip!
    07-22-09 03:12 AM
    Can anyone confirm that if you have data services off, wifi won't work either?
    I'd like to know that too! If wifi only works with data switched on then I would run the risk of 4 fee every time I used WIFI
    07-22-09 04:24 AM
    If I'm going on holiday then for sure my Blackberry comes with me. It's my PHONE - you know, in case of emergencies I can ring people Plus it's my MP3 player, video player and camera.

My /work/ Blackberry stays behind.
    07-22-09 05:44 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD