I have just had one too many problems with the Bold. I am being offered to transition into an Iphone, Samsung Fascinate and a few Motorola Droid Options but do not like Motorola.

If you were given the option to get the Iphone or the HTC Incredible 2 (or even Samsung Fascinate), which would you get an why?

Hot spot is important to me, not necessary but would come in handy when needed like now! I would like the video feature for web cam, etc...Just a primary user of FB/Twitter...love my weather channel's or news....

Most important to me is call quality. Then battery life.

Please let me know what you'd get.
    07-18-11 09:30 AM
    07-18-11 09:44 AM
    you might want to try the android forums, or an android board.

people in the 9650 forum arent the target audience for your question
    07-18-11 09:49 AM
    I have a 9650 and an HTC Thunderbolt. I haven't had a problem with call quality on either. Verizon just released an OS update that seems to have improved the battery life of the Thunderbolt somewhat, but it's still not as good as the 9650. That's not surprising, since they both have 1400 mAH batteries and the HTC uses a lot more power with its bigger screen.
    damule6666 and Chrisy like this.
    07-18-11 09:55 AM
    I have a 9650 and an HTC Thunderbolt. I haven't had a problem with call quality on either. Verizon just released an OS update that seems to have improved the battery life of the Thunderbolt somewhat, but it's still not as good as the 9650. That's not surprising, since they both have 1400 mAH batteries and the HTC uses a lot more power with its bigger screen.
    Same setup im running, an like you no complaints.
    Will they offer you a Thunderbolt?
    07-18-11 10:51 PM
    Same setup im running, an like you no complaints.
    Will they offer you a Thunderbolt?
    I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. I already have a Thunderbolt.
    07-18-11 10:56 PM
    I personally think Apple has done a better job on battery life optimization than any of the Android guys. Bottom line is bigger screen = less battery life. Apple has made the best of it, having full control of all the hardware and software.

BlackBerrys are better in this regard, but if you are set on leaving...
    07-18-11 11:12 PM
    I have just had one too many problems with the Bold. I am being offered to transition into an Iphone, Samsung Fascinate and a few Motorola Droid Options but do not like Motorola.

If you were given the option to get the Iphone or the HTC Incredible 2 (or even Samsung Fascinate), which would you get an why?

Hot spot is important to me, not necessary but would come in handy when needed like now! I would like the video feature for web cam, etc...Just a primary user of FB/Twitter...love my weather channel's or news....

For starters I'm kind of shocked that they would let you transition into a different phone type....
    ....They don't do that with Spint - period.

If Call quality and battery life are 1 & 2 in your list I would seriously urge you to have your carrier....
    ...Give you another Bold replacement w/out extending your contract.
    ...And wait for the new BB Touch phone to hit in Nov of this year ( Sprint ).

The iphone seems to have done a better job with their battery HOWEVER....
    ...What's in the iphone is ALL YOU GET and by the time you are due for your upgrade.
    ...You will lucky if your iphone battery will make it three hours.
    ...I'm the mobile admin for the company I work for and can assure you the iphone battery as it nears it's 2 year mark.
    ...Is about worthless.

The Driod eats battery power but you can have extra batts at the ready.

Seriously, with the two things you mentioned that are important you should stick with a BB.
    07-18-11 11:53 PM

I would recommend a 9650.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    mikeplus1 likes this.
    07-19-11 12:28 AM
    I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. I already have a Thunderbolt.

I'm sorry, I only meant the first part for you. Stating that we both run the same gear.

The part where I said see if they will let u get a t-bolt was meant for the OP.

Again sorry for the confusion.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    07-19-11 01:29 AM
    I wouldn't leave Blackberry if I was offered a free phone with no contract lol. Blackberry has everything I need preinstalled and I don't need to pay for every utility and/or download them before I can start using every day apps. Also I find the full keyboard in a compact form to be my main attraction, I personally am waiting for the 9930 on Sprint and I am loving what RIM is doing these days in regards to resetting their movement and modernizing the specs. My wife isn't much of a phone person but even she is waiting for the Bold Touch. Also think hard on whether you want to move away because the competitors are quite different. Going from blackberry to another phone is like having to lower your expectations and be satisfied with the shiny bells and whistles that don't really help the machine run better. But again, this is my personal opinions and you are free to weigh it any way that want. But from my personal experience, think about it and weigh every option before jumping.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-19-11 07:48 AM
    I wouldn't leave Blackberry if I was offered a free phone with no contract lol. Blackberry has everything I need preinstalled and I don't need to pay for every utility and/or download them before I can start using every day apps. Also I find the full keyboard in a compact form to be my main attraction, I personally am waiting for the 9930 on Sprint and I am loving what RIM is doing these days in regards to resetting their movement and modernizing the specs. My wife isn't much of a phone person but even she is waiting for the Bold Touch. Also think hard on whether you want to move away because the competitors are quite different. Going from blackberry to another phone is like having to lower your expectations and be satisfied with the shiny bells and whistles that don't really help the machine run better. But again, this is my personal opinions and you are free to weigh it any way that want. But from my personal experience, think about it and weigh every option before jumping.
    I totally agree with this post, I've often thought about jumping ship, then reality sets in and I realize I don't need or will never use all the bells and whistles that the other phones provide. I like to leave the house without my charger and know my battery will last until I return home. I've never had any "issues" with my 9650 or any other Blackberry phones that I've had in the past. Blackberry makes a good solid product that does not need "apps" to make it do what it does ....A quality communication device that lasts.
    Last edited by spencerdl; 07-19-11 at 09:12 AM.
    deth4uall likes this.
    07-19-11 09:09 AM
    I totally agree with this post, I've often thought about jumping ship, then reality sets in and I realize I don't need or will never use all the bells and whistles that the other phones provide. I like to leave the house without my charger and know my battery will last until I return home. I've never had any "issues" with my 9650 or any other Blackberry phones that I've had in the past. Blackberry makes a good solid product that does not need "apps" to make it do what it does ....A quality communication device that lasts.
    Oh I have tried other phones, when I was working for RadioShack. I spent time messing with every OS and every phone up until earlier this year and none were able to impress me. Yes they had awesome interfaces that were slightly impressive, but the lack of features were astounding, and was a major put down for me. Each OS had several features that made it unique but with the lack of the extras I am used to with Blackberry, I was able to see that I would just have to settle if I used those phones.
    07-19-11 10:49 AM
    Ironic to see this post this morning; I'm in the same situation with Verizon. I have had sooooooo many issues with my Bold (on my third one now). So, when it's working, I really do like it. But, my gosh, I am still having phone freeze, spotty browser speed and delayed phone response issues (and I've done it all - turned off Global, use memory cleaner, installed and use RAM optimizer, clear log, don't have multiple aps running, etc....). Verizon is now offering to switch to a different phone, but I really don't know what to swith to (if anything).

As far as BB and the 9650 goes, I love the phone as a communication device (phone, text, e-mail) and I like the keyboard and phone size. However, I'm not impressed with battery (unless I use the big fat extended one), the brower is fair at best and I don't give a hoot about BBM. So, what's a guy to do?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-11 10:50 AM
    Androids and iPhones are great if you want to mostly watch videos, surf the web and stuff like that, but BlackBerry fits my business needs much better with great call quality and better battery life than a droid or ifone. Get an extra battery or two for less than $5 on Amazon if you don't want the big fat extended one. Also get a charger pod or two (they are cheap too) while you are at it and keep your phone charged at all times.
    07-19-11 11:13 AM

The iphone seems to have done a better job with their battery HOWEVER....
    ...What's in the iphone is ALL YOU GET and by the time you are due for your upgrade.
    ...You will lucky if your iphone battery will make it three hours.
    ...I'm the mobile admin for the company I work for and can assure you the iphone battery as it nears it's 2 year mark.
    ...Is about worthless.
    woahh 3 hours on an iPhone? Yea right dude, iPhones get at least like 6-7 hours heavy use
    07-19-11 08:36 PM
    woahh 3 hours on an iPhone? Yea right dude, iPhones get at least like 6-7 hours heavy use
    Then you just happen to be one of the lucky one's, the few the proud, and whatever they call it. My sister has an iPhone and she is always complaining about going to about 4 hours so she has to have a charger at home, work and in car. Every so often you will meet someone who can watch a movie off netflix one after another and get 6 hours of life but its very very rare. At least from what I am told by others who have them. I only had to learn the OS like the back of my hand at my old workplace.
    07-20-11 05:14 AM
    The iPhone and Android users at our company get 3-5 hours with heavy use, sometimes less with extremely heavy use and some get 5-7 hrs with light to moderate use and maybe 8-10 hrs with little or no use, but none get what the BB users get with similar usage.
    07-20-11 12:11 PM
    "The iphone battery AS IT NEARS IT'S TWO YEAR MARK is about worthless"

I've got two of them in my desk - so yeah "dude" with normal use an iphones battery....
    ...IS more or less JUNK by the time it hit's it two year contract mark.
    ...Which may well be acceptable for a tennie-bopper HOWEVER in a business application it has as much value.
    ...As tits on a boar hog.
    07-20-11 06:28 PM

Okay, I am just curious as I have gone through about TEN 9650's with Verizon, how did you get them to switch you out of that device?

I have asked several times and everytime I've been told that that isnt possible do to the replacement agreement put in place between the carrier and the manufacturers. I am very frustrated with this device and would just like a phone that works properly, if it isnt a BB for now, so be it, just something to hold me over until a more improved BB comes out.
    07-21-11 01:47 PM
    Just gotta talk to the right person.... usually if you ask for a manager or supervisor, they will help you with what you need. Most of the time it is not as lucky as this, but having a strong attitude and opinions will help you out a lot.
    07-21-11 06:08 PM
    I've decided to give the Droid Pro a shot. Will spend a few days with it and report back. Who knows, the grass could actually be greener on this side.
    07-22-11 03:02 PM
    I had tons of problems with my Bold as well. OS6 was the final straw and the deciding factor on switching platforms. Just knowing that in order to get that phone to work nice I had to top out at OS5 really bothered me. I finally switched to the HTC Dinc 2. Like you, I needed the hotspot and a reliable phone, this phone does it. Once I got past the lack of real keyboard life has been easier. The battery life is similar or better than my old Bold so there is no lack there. There are days I still miss a real keyboard but overall the virtual keyboard isn't bad. It is a shame that RIM fell so far behind in the smartphone war, I hope eventually they get their issues worked out and can put something out there that draws back their lost customers. I like the BB platform, but the rebooting and browser issues became the focus of my experience. You shouldn't have to work so hard to make your phone work for you.
    07-25-11 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD