I am undergoing a dilemma of infinite magnitude. I want to get the iphone 4 but I have tmobile under contract with one more year left. Does it make sense to spend the 200 dollar cancellation fee and jump ship? My line is under a family plan that is grandfathered in and I am now paying a bill more cheaper than any plan out there with similar offers, including tmobile's revised plans. If I switch I am going to pay more than I have been. I am stressed. Help.
    06-26-10 02:45 PM
    Just wait til the next gen ipod touch. Then you can have all the iphone perks, and still be able to use the BB for everything that matters .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 02:52 PM
    With iphone u get it in one device. I am not gonna hold two pieces of hardware in my pocket.
    06-26-10 03:04 PM
    I got my i4 on Thursday and activated it to replace my 9700. On Friday morning I was at the local ATT store to return it and get my BB 9700 re-activated!

This is the 3rd time I have tried the iPhone and the last time.

If you try the i4 and do not like you will pay a 10% restocking fee and have to get a new SIM card for your 9700 as ATT will now not allow you to use it again

Bring on the 9800!
    06-26-10 03:17 PM
    Gebhardt, I actually contemplated buying one unlocked and then saw you were preordering one and thought I'd wait for your reviews. Thank you for saving me from the hassle of having to try and resell it after all the problems they've had.
    06-26-10 03:43 PM
    I think you really should go to apple store and really play with it. I generally don't buy anything without trying it out. Iphones and berrys are apples and oranges. Also if money is an issue may be wise to hang with the 9700 till contract is done.

06-26-10 03:58 PM
    So, you would pay 200 dollars to cancel the contract of... ONE year... for an iPhone4? Which will be 200 more to get it... So totaling 400 dollars out the door PLUS 90 bucks a month... I played around with the iPhone4, exactly the same as the 3GS except the form factor, the reception does go down when you hold it a certain way, the only add is multitasking (WOW!) which you can have on 3GS too btw, and the flash... and it takes 1 to 3 seconds less to load stuff... THATS IT! I just don't get the fascination of the iPhone, its cute but people spending so much for it.. ok...
    06-26-10 05:06 PM
    Search the topic. You'll spend the 200 bucks and get an iPhone and come back to the bb anyway once you see the iPhone is not all that. Big bucks and a lot of agrivation to go through.
    06-26-10 05:18 PM
    What problems did you have>? I made the switch and couldn't be happier
    06-26-10 05:20 PM
    What problems did you have>? I made the switch and couldn't be happier

Sorry Totalimmortal363, no offense, but if you are happy with iPhone4, why are you still reading BB forums? ;-)

06-26-10 08:00 PM
    I think the reception problem of the iPhone 4 is ridiculous! I think it's even more silly that Steve himself told customers "not to hold it wrong" as a way to fix the problem. Don't blame/critique the customer for a product's problem.

I got to playing around with it in an ATT store. Indeed, I saw it go from 5 bars to 2 bars if I held it like I would a normal cell phone (on the sides). It's laughable.

06-26-10 08:36 PM
    The iPhone is a joke. Always been, always will be.
    06-26-10 08:50 PM
    or get the 30 dollar bumper case from Apple and it'll help the reception issue lol
    but it is a nice phone though
    06-26-10 11:40 PM
    The iPhone 4 is a great phone, but it currently has a huge problem with the loss of signal when u hold it. What good is a phone when u can't make calls? Personally reading what u have written about your plan and your cancellation fee, id be inclind to stick with your bold 9700 for the time being,wait for Apple to resolve the issue of loss of signal that it currently has, and then decide. Good luck with whatever u decide.

06-27-10 01:41 AM
    Got new iPhone 4. So far I enjoy it. I still have Blackberry. In the drawer. So far didn't need to pull it back. But to each his own.
    06-27-10 01:46 AM
    The iPhone 4 is a great phone, but it currently has a huge problem with the loss of signal when u hold it. What good is a phone when u can't make calls? Personally reading what u have written about your plan and your cancellation fee, id be inclind to stick with your bold 9700 for the time being,wait for Apple to resolve the issue of loss of signal that it currently has, and then decide. Good luck with whatever u decide.

Ive seen issues on youTube about this and there was this one guy named iobuffa, he talks about the iPhone 4 and its signal loss when you hold it a certain way, simple solution...DONT HOLD IT THAT WAY (even Steve Jobs said that lol). It's true because ppl showing the problems are simply gripping their iPhone 4 to **** on the antenna which causes the signal lose.

In fact, iobuffa also posted a link of other phones have these issues if you hold it a certain way, even the Blackberry Storm. So really, just dont hold it that way. Problem solved.
    06-27-10 02:06 AM
    I played with the iPhone 4 today. At the Apple Store I could not reproduce the signal issue. Either the signal at the Apple Store is strong enough to mitigate it or the problem afflicts certain devices only.

Otherwise, nice device. Very responsive and nice screen. However, the new design is uncomfortable to hold securely and will be too easy to drop. It's as if Apple decided that people will be carrying them in cases anyway and so didn't take ergonomics into account at all. A case is a must.

To me the big deal breakers have always been the battery life and dropped calls on AT&T so I'm waiting to hear definitive tests in those areas.
    06-27-10 03:06 AM
    I am very impressed with battery. Easily getting 24 hours now. Engadget claimed they got 38 hours on single charge with their usage. Battery life is VERY VERY different. Very much improved.
    06-27-10 03:16 AM
    As for the dropped calls. I had 2 hours 32 minutes call - didn't have dropped call. On Friday I had 1 hour 15 minutes call. Not dropped. Hard to say more, as device is in my hands only from Thursday, but looks that was improved too
    06-27-10 03:18 AM
    The iPhone is a joke. Always been, always will be.
    Hahhahaaaa. I like you.

06-27-10 05:53 AM
    In fact, iobuffa also posted a link of other phones have these issues if you hold it a certain way, even the Blackberry Storm. So really, just dont hold it that way. Problem solved.
    Blackberry storm is garbage no matter how you hold it.
    06-27-10 06:02 AM
    The iphone 4 is a nice phone, but I tried to use it yesterday at the Apple store and it's a lot harder to type on than any blackberry device. Plus if you switch over to AT&T they have the tiered data plans for new customers. You don't have a choice to choose an unlimited data plan with AT&T anymore. iphones also use three times more data than blackberries so you could be paying a lot of money per month just for data alone.
    06-27-10 06:05 AM
    The only thing iPhone is better are games...
    06-27-10 06:27 AM
    iphone 4 is nice, i'm using both the bold 9700 and iphone 4 but you said you do not want 2 devices,

unless you are obsessed with the BBM feauture of the blackberry, your iphone 4 will be capable of doing everything your BB is doing
    06-27-10 06:47 AM
    The iphone 4 is a nice phone, but I tried to use it yesterday at the Apple store and it's a lot harder to type on than any blackberry device.
    really? nothing changed on iphone (except improved software) since it was first released (you now, touch screen is a touch screen); and even oldest iphone is BETTER than storm. sorry, RIM failed badly with storm.

as for the physical keyboards - I do agree, many people find it more easier to type with them. I got used to both, so I am just fine.
    06-27-10 09:07 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD