Yeah, this means AT&T's network is overwhelmed. Duh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Their network being overwhelmed is not the same thing as a weak signal. YOU SAID at&t had a "weak signal"...
    06-28-10 06:09 PM
    Also, wait for more 4g coverage to be deployed. In my opinion, the appeal of the Iphone 4 is the 4g. But, it is soooo limited right now. Why do video calls if the reception is poor, and 4g limited?
    iPhone 4 doesn't support 4G.
    Facetime ("video calls") can't be done over 4G; they must be done over wifi.
    06-28-10 06:12 PM
    My brother in law did and now hes having fun with that reception issue
    06-28-10 06:13 PM
    No, it's mostly AT&T. I had an AT&T 9700 first and had to return it because I could not make a call without dropping it. It was insanely bad, even my calls to 611 were dropped in San Francisco.

My 9700 on T-Mobile has been a bliss but it's mostly EDGE indoors and at home I'm on UMA.

The question is whether Apple's new design is helping mitigate the poor signal from AT&T.
    Their network being overwhelmed is not the same thing as a weak signal. YOU SAID at&t had a "weak signal"...
    The new design is two-fold. There's the antenna which can make use of weaker signal bands by AT&T if it has less interference (i.e. less congested), and the software that can make the proper selection.

At heart is still AT&T's poor network performance, however you want to call it. Their network sucks, it's not the devices. We don't hear of iPhone problems on other carriers.

My post was in response to your assertion that it's the iPhone, not AT&T, that's the cause of the problem. I said that it's AT&T which you failed to comprehend, and then tried to turn this into semantics of congestion vs. signal. I don't know why I'm even debating someone like you.
    06-28-10 06:32 PM
    After being with the Iphone since it's first release and upgrading every year I am back with my Blackberry. All the time with my Iphone I kept my blackberry 8700 and then the 9000, Now I have the 9700. The Iphone is fun but when I had important things to do I use my Blackberry. I don't have problems with drop calls and I travel the U.S. and overseas. When ever i travel I swithed my sim and use my blackberry. The iphone is a great entertainment device and ok phone, blackberries are great everything else and ok media player, but with most music players streaming bluetooth I have completely stopped dependency on my Iphone and freed all my music and the blackberry handles it nicely so I guess it,s a decision, of a workhourse or and media king.
    06-28-10 07:01 PM
    Yep Stlbb, that's the way I see it too. I've had an iPhone for about a year and a half now and I find it more of a toy than anything else. Guess I just wanted to get a bit more serious with my phone. I don't need a media player or something to play games on. That's what I have a computer for as well as stereo equipment.

What I do need is something with longer battery life, the ability to receive email the moment it is sent and easy means to text/message people.

Can't wait for my 9700 to arrive on Wednesday...
    06-28-10 09:10 PM
    The new design is two-fold. There's the antenna which can make use of weaker signal bands by AT&T if it has less interference (i.e. less congested), and the software that can make the proper selection.

At heart is still AT&T's poor network performance, however you want to call it. Their network sucks, it's not the devices. We don't hear of iPhone problems on other carriers.

My post was in response to your assertion that it's the iPhone, not AT&T, that's the cause of the problem. I said that it's AT&T which you failed to comprehend, and then tried to turn this into semantics of congestion vs. signal. I don't know why I'm even debating someone like you.

I didn't fail to comprehend anything. I know exactly what you were saying. I was flat out disagreeing based on my and alot of other users' experience using both the iPhone and BB.

Lol, "someone like me", funny how someone always wants to take it down the "someone like you", personal road.
    06-28-10 09:51 PM
    iPhone 4 doesn't support 4G.
    Facetime ("video calls") can't be done over 4G; they must be done over wifi.
    Thank You for the correction! I didn't know either of these! More reason not to get the Iphone4! That is kind of misleading to me! I thought one of the reasons and appeal was the 4g. I also didn't know the video calls could only be done over wifi! I hardly see a reason to even bother getting it!
    06-28-10 10:39 PM
    If you like to browse a lot and listen to music or play games, it is a good tool to have, but sucks as a phone...people will try to justify it all day long, but in the end (IMO) is nothing more than a toy....my toy curb stomps it in my PSP and 9700 for my phone...have no reason to get an iPhone and buying into all the market hype with each release...a lot of people do. I say to each their own...

06-28-10 11:09 PM
    Off topic a bit but I' am going to try the HTC aria for a bit. iPhone 4 is nice but, going to give android a shot
    06-28-10 11:21 PM
    Go for it, see you back here shortly.

06-28-10 11:48 PM
    Go for it, see you back here shortly.

Notice I said "try"
    06-29-10 12:26 AM
    I didn't fail to comprehend anything. I know exactly what you were saying. I was flat out disagreeing based on my and alot of other users' experience using both the iPhone and BB.
    What are you disagreeing with?

You said it's not AT&T's fault, it's the iPhone. I said I dropped calls on AT&T with my 9700 (more than one).

Then you latched on "weak signal" vs. congestion. It doesn't matter, in the end, AT&T can't handle the traffic. Hence it sucks.

No other iPhone carrier has this problems.
    06-29-10 12:37 AM
    traitor!!!!!
    06-29-10 12:54 AM
    What are you disagreeing with?

You said it's not AT&T's fault, it's the iPhone. I said I dropped calls on AT&T with my 9700 (more than one).

Then you latched on "weak signal" vs. congestion. It doesn't matter, in the end, AT&T can't handle the traffic. Hence it sucks.

No other iPhone carrier has this problems.

I was disagreeing with your saying it's AT&T's fault. We've obviously had completely opposite experiences, so I'll leave it at that.
    06-29-10 06:59 AM
    Sold my 9700 a few days ago for iPhone 4.

Should've waited but that was the only offer I had in weeks and couldn't let it go but now I feel so LOST without a Smart Phone. My boy gave me this old Nokia flipper, so depressing to use. LOL

As every CrackBerry says...

You'll be back.

Touch Screen was the reason why I never went with the iPhone and I love Apple but after having the touch and now the iPad, I'm getting used to it. The main reason is, I got sick/tired of RIM's Browser/OS.
    Last edited by bembol; 06-29-10 at 08:06 AM.
    06-29-10 08:04 AM
    I mean I don't think its safe to say to just blame one Atnt or Apple. I blame both, the iphone isn't built great for battery or for service. Ok add on to the fact atnt has a lot of congestion in their network that's there fault. Like someone has said earlier I've never really seen someone complain about a iphone not working on T mobile so another reason to blame atnt. Iphone is a toy whether you see it like that or not. I'm waiting to see what rim offers in the next 6 months. After I will choose between bb and android. The only android I will get is the best on the market point blank like right now the nexus one. That phone is beast I must admit I can't lie I've played with it and all. To me the 9700 is the best bb but we know other devices are soon to come out but like I said if and when I switch it will have to be for the best android. I will not buy an iphone bc they are not meant to be phones just another money maker by apple, fall into the hype if you want it will be your mistake.

06-29-10 09:01 AM
    I mean I don't think its safe to say to just blame one Atnt or Apple. I blame both, the iphone isn't built great for battery or for service. Ok add on to the fact atnt has a lot of congestion in their network that's there fault. Like someone has said earlier I've never really seen someone complain about a iphone not working on T mobile so another reason to blame atnt. Iphone is a toy whether you see it like that or not. I'm waiting to see what rim offers in the next 6 months. After I will choose between bb and android. The only android I will get is the best on the market point blank like right now the nexus one. That phone is beast I must admit I can't lie I've played with it and all. To me the 9700 is the best bb but we know other devices are soon to come out but like I said if and when I switch it will have to be for the best android. I will not buy an iphone bc they are not meant to be phones just another money maker by apple, fall into the hype if you want it will be your mistake.

Agreed. Well said. I'd like to see what RIM will offer soon too...
    06-29-10 09:33 AM
    I hope this is your last post..
    You and iPhone4 lived happily ever after........
    .................................................. ......................
    .................................................. ......................

06-29-10 09:50 AM
    I will be coming TO the 9700 from an iPhone 4. Why? Proximity sensor issues, dropping calls, and it is not a comfortable phone to hold especially with the antennna issues. No otterbox, insurance is ridiculously expensive, it's made of glass and i don't care how tough it is, without protection and insurance, I am sure to break it. Lastly, I tried a 9650 on Sprint and really liked it. But will stay with ATT due to a cheaper plan, by $15 a month.
    So no I am not leaving the 9700 for an iphone, just the opposite as a matter of fact.
    07-03-10 09:35 PM
    it will never have real multi-tasking. apple's too big on battery life, and the two don't play nice on iOS. the "multitasking" that iOS4 rolled out is a joke.
    lol. I remember reading something about this.

Apparently, Apple won't allow applications to run at the same time. When you "minimize" one, it will save the state of the app, but it won't be running,

So I wonder, what happens if I am using Windows Live Messenger on iPhone, and need to sent an SMS? Would WLM still be able to receive messages when I am composing SMS? Sounds a little counter intuitive.

07-05-10 05:58 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD