12-13-11 08:44 AM
    seems a bit pricey for what is a piece of plastic?
    12-13-11 10:55 AM
    12-13-11 01:54 PM
    I ordered one to try it, but it hasn't arrived yet. It is US$11.99
    vhorst likes this.
    12-13-11 03:25 PM
    thats looks cool but i rather have the fiber glass or whatever it is on the back
    12-13-11 03:50 PM
    thats looks cool but i rather have the fiber glass or whatever it is on the back
    I'm really looking for function over form. I'm hoping that cover makes it a lot easier to grip, similar to my old 9700 I am hoping.
    12-13-11 05:35 PM
    Has anyone received theirs yet? how's the grip?
    12-18-11 12:27 AM
    I ordered one to try it, but it hasn't arrived yet. It is US$11.99
    Keep us posted on how you like it...I bought the sprint branded case holster combo for my tmobile 9900 and couldn't be happier with it. The stock case seem fairly scratch resistant but I guess if you had to change 1 thing about the build quaility this would be it (Bold 99xx 2nd best build quality of any phone on the market...I grudgingly give best built to iphone 4s)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-11 12:42 AM
    Looks like a nice leather cover..
    12-18-11 03:03 AM
    I love it! Not sure if the NFC works yet but it does have the connections. The fit is great and i love it. took pics with my playbook:
    12-27-11 04:55 PM
    ...Not sure if the NFC works yet but it does have the connections...
    My NFC functioned perfectly with my OEM battery cover - with this pleather cover, no response. The antenna is present but it will not respond to any of my NFC tags.

Anyone else experience this? I agree that it looks great and feels great - also no scratching or scraping of the back of the phone when setting it down on a desk or counter top. But, looks aren't everything - I need my NFC function.
    02-13-12 11:07 AM
    gotta say, looks nice
    02-13-12 11:10 AM
    gotta say, looks nice
    ...feels nice also - not as slippery as the OEM cover AND it doesn't collect goop (skin oil) like the OEM cover...
    02-13-12 11:11 AM
    and it isn't that scratchable as the woven glass battery cover.
    02-13-12 11:14 AM
    My NFC functioned perfectly with my OEM battery cover - with this pleather cover, no response. The antenna is present but it will not respond to any of my NFC tags.
    Clarification - I did not buy my case from the eBay source listed in the orginal post. I got mine here: Blackberry Bold 9900 9930 Leather Battery Cover with Antenna 2 Colors::Bold 9900::Blackberry::Housing / Faceplates::Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories,iPhone Accessories & HTC Accessories wholesale Co.

Nonetheless - I have no NFC functionality with it - going back to the OEM battery cover.
    mhw100 likes this.
    02-13-12 12:45 PM
    Just to clarify, WIFI/bluetooth/3G etc all work fine with this cover, and only NFC is affected? Thanks.
    04-27-12 02:31 PM
    They're not to bad. I ordered one from true supplier & it still had nfc as well. But after just a few weeks the leather started peeling off. Only paid 12 bucks but I guess you get what you pay for ! If only there was an OEM battery leather cover !
    04-30-12 01:06 AM
    i ordered one from trusupplier but i found it to be very cheap quality! the leather is glued on to very thin plastic, your fingers catch on the leather whenever you pick up your phone plus there is a lot of flex in the plastic whenever you type!! i used it for all of five minutes before switching back to the original cover!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    04-30-12 02:53 AM
    OEM Back Door still rocks !!

Chinese variety is ok to temporarily please 'the eye & the feel' BUT at the end of the day, the OEM version is what should be used ...
    04-30-12 03:07 AM
    The oem battery cover fits the phone more idd, i've recently changed back to the OEM carbon fiber battery cover.
    Though it's scratched it's rather okay since it's cover in the Black OEM BB softshell case.
    04-30-12 05:37 AM
    Just to clarify, WIFI/bluetooth/3G etc all work fine with this cover, and only NFC is affected? Thanks.
    The wifi/bluetooth/3G anntenna(s) are all built into the phone. It's only the NFC one that's in the battery door.

JB
    04-30-12 07:42 AM
    That is correct farmurr - my TrueSupplier battery cover does not work with NFC on my Verzion 9330. Everything else is fine as the other systems are built into the phone itself, as LordCrankyPants states above.

If anyone has any tips on how to make NFC work with these, I'd appreciate the help.
    04-30-12 09:30 AM
    I love it! Not sure if the NFC works yet but it does have the connections. The fit is great and i love it. took pics with my playbook:
    That does look so cool�kinda reminds me of the 9000's back.
    04-30-12 11:38 AM
    I was looking for a leather backed battery cover, not for the aesthetic but I hate fingerprint smudge (my screen protector is non-glare too). OEM cover is too smooth. I was simply going to glue a thin leather myself and in preparation, I sanded the cover. It turned out that it became sort of like a matt finish, which is much nicer to grab (for me). If/when I sell the phone, I simply buy a new OEM cover.
    08-03-12 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD