i believe in order to correctly replace the screen for 9700 one needs to get /match the number at the back of the screen. is there any way to find this number out without disassembling the phone?

thanks!

just to add: i was sent my 9700 as a gift from the UK, i am in South Africa. Any ideas as to whether i am going to find the same replacement screen here in SA? (excuse the ignorance)

ta
    Last edited by mitch001; 08-30-11 at 04:25 AM.
    08-30-11 03:55 AM
    Unfortunately not. The only way to check the screen number is to remove it.

There are plenty of places online that sell replacement screens, just Google it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mitch001 likes this.
    08-30-11 05:46 AM
    If there are any blackberry or phone repair shops in the city, go and have the unit repaired. It's better than not being able to see anything on the screen.

08-30-11 12:37 PM
    Gotta get a replacement screen for my friends Bold 9700 which cracked when he dropped his BB.

Any recommendations of where to buy it from???
    09-01-11 04:41 PM
    Gotta get a replacement screen for my friends Bold 9700 which cracked when he dropped his BB.

Any recommendations of where to buy it from???
    Read my prior post.

09-01-11 04:53 PM
    While I'm sure RIM has cross-reference docs with part #'s inside each handset, us pleebs have only visual verification at our disposal - so, no.

i believe in order to correctly replace the screen for 9700 one needs to get /match the number at the back of the screen. is there any way to find this number out without disassembling the phone?

thanks!

just to add: i was sent my 9700 as a gift from the UK, i am in South Africa. Any ideas as to whether i am going to find the same replacement screen here in SA? (excuse the ignorance)

ta
    09-02-11 12:15 AM
    watch this video how to know which version is your lcd:
    09-06-11 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD